Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:41:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brazil to launch CBDC, Github repo found  (Read 210 times)
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 23, 2023, 05:02:22 AM

It is not an uncertainty a currency system that is governed and controlled by the government must have total control mechanisms in place. It would be insane and absurd if they did not have those mechanisms for control.
I am not sure what any of this means but if it is true and Brazil is trying something like this, I am sure that it is not going to be the end result, they will keep on working for the end result and we are going to see many things change over course of time. I know that it is going to be not so easy for many people but I feel like it is going to be alright.

The best thing we could see right now is to make sure that we are at a stage where having this kind of result will not be too bad, nations should do this to prevent USDT type of companies not to corner the market. Brazil may not be the one we are looking for but it is not a too low country neither, it can get it heard and be an example for some of the other nations as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2023, 02:34:34 AM

In short, they just like making a fiat digital, just like Bitcoin but centralized.

This was really a debate since the beginning when CBDC started to pop. Some started speculating that CBDC is not good or Bitcoin.
Some also telling that we don't need anymore Bitcoin, CBDC will do everything. But with this kind of issue, I believe CBDC will not solve everything. We still need Bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2443

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2023, 06:00:04 AM

Now very many countries are in the process of finalizing or in the middle of developing their own CBDC. In my opinion, this will do nothing good for the crypto industry. There will be more centralization and an attempt to censor electronic payments. CBDC is not cryptocurrencies, it is a centralized surrogate that is being created with the purpose of pushing real decentralized cryptocurrencies out of the market and imposing a banking system in the digital world.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████