Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoolTank Project: Let's Revolutionize Small-Scale Mining Together  (Read 88 times)
2PIC_CT (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 15, 2023, 09:00:56 AM

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share something I've been working on that I think could be really interesting to this community. It's called the CoolTank Project, and it's all about making crypto mining more efficient and accessible, especially for small-scale miners.

The project started back in 2019 in Dubai, where we were trying to solve overheating problems in air-cooled mining farms. After a lot of research, we decided to use 2-phase immersion cooling technology. Read Our Story. https://www.thecooltank.com/about

We've developed the CoolTank 75KW and a smaller CoolTank 10KW, designed for home use and exhibitions. These aren't just efficient; they're designed to boost mining profits, extend the lifespan of your miners, and work well even in extreme conditions. Learn More https://www.thecooltank.com/case-studies

Recently, we held a crowdfunding event to help fund the development of these products. I'm excited to say that the CoolTank 10KW was fully funded by a single contributor! This means we're now in the development and construction phase. https://www.thecooltank.com/crowdfunding

I'd love to share updates about the project here, if that's okay with the moderators. I think it could be a great way to keep everyone in the loop and get your feedback and ideas. After all, this project is about developing something that's useful for all of us in this community.

I've seen many posts here about how to start mining on a small scale, and I genuinely believe the CoolTank could be a game-changer. I'd love to hear your thoughts, and if anyone wants to get involved or offer help, that would be amazing.

Just to be clear, this isn't an advertisement. I'm sharing this because I believe it's interesting and relevant to this community. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 15, 2023, 12:33:17 PM

looks like an interesting project, alltought a lot of important details are missing, such as your target selling price, estimation of total cost, and all that, but my question is; since you are targeting small miners, why use two-phase immersion cooling? while two-phase immersion cooling is more efficient than single-phase immersion cooling, it's rather more complex and a lot more expensive.

I understand that maintenance and components could be less in the two-phase setup, but the initial cost and availability does not favour it, would like to hear from you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
2PIC_CT (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 15, 2023, 05:40:29 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2023, 05:52:43 PM by 2PIC_CT
Merited by mikeywith (2)

Dear Mikeywith,

Thank you for your interest in our upcoming project, CoolTank 10KW. Your question is indeed a vital one, and I appreciate your insights regarding the complexity and cost associated with two-phase immersion cooling.

1) I would like to share that I have extensive experience as a consultant for building single-phase immersion cooling mining farms in the United Arab Emirates. This rich background has endowed me with deep understanding of the nuances and complexities involved in this space.

2) Based on my accumulated knowledge and hands-on experience, I can affirmatively state that while single-phase immersion cooling tends to deliver lower CAPEX, it usually implies a higher OPEX. In other words, while the initial cost might be lower, the running expenses over the long term can be significantly higher.

Here is some more details about CoolTank 75 KW - Fact Sheet & Price https://www.thecooltank.com/post/ntroducing-advanced-cooling-technologies-for-cryptocurrency-mining-in-the-uae

As for the other details you've asked for:

3) I would like to assure you that as we make progress with the CoolTank 10KW product development, we will be sharing further information, including the intended sale price. It is our commitment to maintain transparency and open communication with our potential clients and interested parties throughout the process.

4) Furthermore, your concerns regarding cost and complexity have not gone unnoticed. I am considering developing a standard and more simplified version of the CoolTank. This version would exclude elements such as busbars and smart controllers, instead favoring simpler cable management and float sensors. It would also not come equipped with pumps and dry coolers. While these components will be excluded, we will provide the necessary specifications so that clients can source these components themselves if desired.

I trust that this response addresses your query and provides further insight into our project's direction. We always welcome feedback and questions, as they help us refine and improve our products.

Best regards,
CoolTank Project
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 15, 2023, 10:32:21 PM

2) Based on my accumulated knowledge and hands-on experience, I can affirmatively state that while single-phase immersion cooling tends to deliver lower CAPEX, it usually implies a higher OPEX. In other words, while the initial cost might be lower, the running expenses over the long term can be significantly higher.

This is a serious claim, to say the least, as far as I understand the main pro of two-phase vs single-phase would be a slightly better PUE, I am not sure how two-phase system would have a lower OPEX by saving a few tens of dollars in pumps.

With two-phase you are still going to need to add new components that are not needed in a single phase, and the main issue with be the use of Fluorocarbon-based liquids, which are EXTREMELY expensive compared to the hydrocarbon-based liquid used in a single phase.

Here is a study showing that the loss of the liquid was pretty high to the point that having that better PUE was questioned.

Now, personally speaking, the cost of the two-phase 75KW is $37,000. if we compare that to one of the single-phase setups, the total cost would be a lot less than 50%, I find it very difficult to justify such an investment, mining a short to medium-term business, if OPEX will only start to look better after 50 years then it's a no-go.

Thanks for answering my questions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀