Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT - Mysteriously restarting without logs?  (Read 2937 times)
norulezapply (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:14:09 PM

Hi all.

I've been using BAMT for about a week now and I think it's great. Runs flawlessly more or less.

There's just one thing I noticed the other day. Every so often, my share count for one or more of my cards will reset to 0, without any explanation or noticable changes.

Does this mean BAMT has had to restart my GPU for me? Or even the entire rig?
Are there any log files anywhere that log what's happening when this occurs?

I thought I'd probably get notified via email if this happened but I couldn't figure out how to get the local SMTP server running properly and it doesn't seem to work with GMail's SMTP server. I haven't received any emails anyway. Any help with that would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:29:20 AM

In any linux system, there are a bunch of log files in /var/log

No need to browse through them to check for a machine restart though, just use the "uptime" command.

You sure your thermals are ok?
norulezapply (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

Thanks. I'll check for logs tonight.

I checked with uptime and the PC hasn't restarted, but looks like my GPUs or GPUMON or something has because my shares are still occassionally resetting to 0.

My temperatures are usually around 73C, as far as im aware they don't go much higher this time of year.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:12:09 PM

I have had this happen two me in two different ways.

1. If your load on your PSU is too high, and you have your MB configured to start up when it receives power, the PSU will shut itself down and the rig will basically restart. I had this happen to me on a couple 3x5970 rigs.

2. If you have multiple pools setup in /etc/bamt/pools then bamt could be rotating between polls when they don't serve shares fast enough or just go down.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: