Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:04:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many times did you get rugpulled? How/Why? Lesson learnt?  (Read 87 times)
Cryptoababe (OP)

Activity: 707
Merit: 18

Do it For Better Humanity

View Profile
July 28, 2023, 11:52:03 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2023, 08:33:09 AM by Cryptoababe

Me : Uncountable times.
Reason : I goto dextools aping into different shitcoins and memecoins at low marketcap.
Lesson : I feel stupid but I still do same thing and lose money.  Grin
What about you?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vivageneviv

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2023, 08:56:41 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2023, 01:42:36 PM by Vivageneviv

Your reason and lesson might be succinct but I can understand the anticipation behind those trades and the pain behind getting rugpulled. Most importantly you have something to learn, however it's not enough if you keep making the same mistake–you don't do the same thing over again and expect a different result. I would advise you DYOR thoroughly to decrease your chances of getting rugpulled. Personally I trade on CEXs so i can't relate to getting repeatedly rugpulled, and I think their ability to filter these rugpull projects give them an edge over DEXs.
Cryptoababe (OP)

Activity: 707
Merit: 18

Do it For Better Humanity

View Profile
July 31, 2023, 09:15:29 AM

Your reason and lessen might be succinct but I can understand the anticipation behind those trades and the pain behind getting rugpulled. Most importantly you have something to learn, however it's not enough if you keep making the same mistake–you don't do the same thing over again and expect a different result. I would advise you DYOR thoroughly to decrease your chances of getting rugpulled. Personally I trade on CEXs so i can't relate to getting repeatedly rugpulled, and I think their ability to filter these rugpull projects gives them an edge over DEXs.

Thats true. CEX knows how to do more research and KYC than any of us. And seems there are a lot of lowcap coins with good usecase trading on CEX these days.
Jinx9975

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2023, 03:01:50 AM

Thankfully I've never personally been "rugpulled" or scammed out of money in a crypto or financial scheme. However, I know many people who have lost significant amounts of money due to cunning online frauds or cryptocurrency projects that suddenly disappeared with investors' funds.

My friend John got rugpulled when he invested $5,000 into SafeWombatCoin after some convincing promotional posts on Reddit. For months the token value kept rising and the Discord community seemed very active. Then one day...the developers vanished, along with over $3 million from investors. John lost his entire investment.

Another colleague Sarah invested into a blockchain startup called CloutPlatform that claimed to be building a decentralized social media platform. The founder was everywhere promoting it online and at conferences. Nine months on with no product in sight, the company dissolved overnight and Sarah lost her $15,000 investment.

While these "rugpulls" leave victims feeling cheated and financially stressed, some lessons can be learned:

- If investment returns sound too good to be true, they usually are. Do thorough due diligence.

- Anonymous developers and hype-only promotions are major red flags. Vet a project meticulously first.

- Never invest more than you can afford to completely lose. Crypto and startups are highly risky.

- Stick to well-established, transparent projects with substance over hype.

Losing money is extremely painful. But by researching thoroughly, avoiding "get rich quick" schemes and emotionally-driven decisions, ideally your investments will lead you to financial freedom one day instead of the poorhouse! Risk management is everything.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 08:34:14 AM

I can't remember but on 2018, I've got a lot of losses from random investments that I did and that's why it never happened again.

That's why from the time when this term became popular, it never happened to me again. Learning from my own experiences, this made me to take extra care in investing.

One lesson, investing in Bitcoin will never go wrong. It's fine to explore but take the risk.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 08:59:43 AM

This is the first time I learned the term rugpulled and i think ive been through one. I didnt realize it immediately. But later on I learned to accept it, let it go, and focus on the lessons it brings. Dwelling on losses doesn't change the outcome, but learning from the experience does.

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 08:08:32 AM

Me : Uncountable times.
Reason : I goto dextools aping into different shitcoins and memecoins at low marketcap.
Lesson : I feel stupid but I still do same thing and lose money.  Grin
What about you?
Looks like you are enjoying what you are doing and what is the result , because aside from you are still smiling yet you are proud of the outcome .

I have one lesson in mind , and that is to only commit mistake one time and the second will be my stupidity .

hope you'll not staying that way till you lose all your money lol.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀