Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talmud (or Order 2.625 Bible)  (Read 383 times)
KalOlak (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 09:44:45 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2023, 09:58:06 AM by KalOlak

While game theory can provide interesting insights into the Talmudic discussions, the primary intent of these ancient texts was not to present formal game-theoretic analyses. Instead, they primarily focused on legal, ethical, and spiritual matters, but contemporary scholars have found parallels and connections between Talmudic discussions and concepts in game theory.

Examples of the application of game theory in the Talmud:

Dispute Resolution: The Talmud contains numerous discussions and debates on legal matters and ethical dilemmas. These discussions often involve different opinions and viewpoints presented by scholars. Game theory can be applied to analyze these debates as strategic interactions between different players, each trying to maximize their desired outcome while considering the actions of others.

Decision-Making: The Talmudic discussions frequently involve scenarios where individuals need to make choices that can affect not only themselves but also others in the community. Game theory can provide insights into the decision-making process, considering factors like cooperation, competition, and possible consequences.

Negotiations and Contracts: In the Talmud, there are instances where individuals enter into agreements, negotiate deals, or resolve disputes over resources or property. Game theory can be used to model these situations as strategic games, where parties try to reach mutually beneficial outcomes while protecting their interests.

Trolley Problem-like Scenarios: The Talmud explores ethical dilemmas and thought experiments similar to the classic philosophical "Trolley Problem." These scenarios involve complex moral decisions, and game theory can offer a framework for understanding the trade-offs and reasoning behind different choices.

Rabbinic Debate and Consensus: The Talmud includes records of debates among rabbis and the formation of Halakhic (Jewish legal) decisions. Game theory can shed light on how these debates may have played out as interactions between decision-makers, leading to consensus or compromise.

From a game theory perspective, Satoshi Nakamoto also devised a version of the "Game". Several theorems from game theory are applicable to Bitcoin and its ecosystem. Here are some examples:

1. Mining and Blockchain

Nash Equilibrium: The Nash equilibrium is a central concept in game theory where no player can improve their position by unilaterally changing their strategy. In the context of Bitcoin, this could apply to the equilibrium reached between miners when they decide on their mining strategies to maximize their profits.

Prisoner's Dilemma: The Prisoner's Dilemma is a classic game theory scenario that involves two players making decisions that may not lead to the best overall outcome. In Bitcoin, a similar dilemma arises when miners must decide whether to cooperate in mining pools or act independently for potentially higher rewards.

Tragedy of the Commons: This concept is relevant to Bitcoin's block size debate. The Tragedy of the Commons occurs when individuals, acting in their self-interest, deplete shared resources to the detriment of the entire community. In the case of Bitcoin, larger block sizes might lead to more transaction throughput but can strain the network and decentralization.

Game of Chicken: The Game of Chicken refers to a situation where two players engage in a risky confrontation, and the player who swerves first loses. In the context of Bitcoin's development and potential forks, it can relate to the situation where multiple parties hold different opinions, leading to potential chain splits.

Stag Hunt: The Stag Hunt game represents a scenario where players must choose between cooperation for a high-value reward (hunting a stag) or acting alone for a smaller but more certain reward (hunting a hare). In Bitcoin, this can relate to the choice between scaling solutions that prioritize decentralization (Stag) versus faster transaction speeds (Hare).

2. Trading and Market

Zero-Sum Games: Bitcoin trading can be viewed as a zero-sum game, where the gains of one trader come at the expense of losses for other traders. The total value of Bitcoin remains constant, and traders aim to profit from fluctuations in its price.

Prisoner's Dilemma: The Prisoner's Dilemma can apply to situations in Bitcoin trading where two traders must make decisions about buying or selling without knowing the other's strategy. Both traders may try to maximize their profits, but this can lead to suboptimal outcomes for both if they do not cooperate.

Nash Equilibrium: The concept of Nash Equilibrium is relevant in the context of Bitcoin trading strategies. Traders aim to find equilibrium points where their chosen strategies are the best responses to the strategies of other traders, leading to stable market conditions.

Game of Chicken: The Game of Chicken is applicable to scenarios in Bitcoin trading where traders take risks in the hope that others will back down. For example, when one trader holds a large position and others may hesitate to enter the market, fearing potential price swings.

Stag Hunt: The Stag Hunt game can be related to Bitcoin trading decisions. Traders must choose between cooperating and collectively driving the price higher (hunting a stag) or acting individually to secure smaller, safer profits (hunting a hare).

Battle of the Sexes: This game theory scenario can apply to situations in the Bitcoin market, where different groups of traders have conflicting opinions on the future price direction. This can lead to uncertainty and volatile price movements.

Bertrand Competition: Bertrand competition can be seen in Bitcoin exchanges where multiple platforms compete by setting their exchange rates. This competition may lead to price wars and the drive for exchanges to offer the most attractive rates.

Market Manipulation: Game theory concepts can help analyze potential market manipulation scenarios in Bitcoin trading, where some traders may attempt to influence prices for their advantage.

Indeed, rules and strategies derived from game theory principles can be applied in various aspects of life, including the Bitcoin space. As people continue to explore and understand the Bitcoin, they can develop new strategies and best practices based on these principles. The idea of conceptualizing these rules in the form of a "Bitcoin Talmud" to provide guidance and education for newcomers is an interesting concept, although it is essential to recognize that such a document would be a creative and unofficial endeavor. My personal contribution to this set of strategies and rules could become a mathematical justification for the optimal position size in Bitcoin for long-term Bitcoin holders, which is 2.625 Bitcoins. However, if someone proposes a better mathematical rationale that refutes mine, I would gladly accept it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 806

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2023, 10:09:45 AM

Op, did you use AI to write this? I didn't even read what you wrote. But the content doesn't seem original. Different Ai content detectors detect your content as AI writes. I DON'T WANT TO BLAME YOU since I haven't seen you using AI before to write content. Only you know better if you have used any kind of tools to write this or not. If you did, you would get caught eventually and then boom!

If you did not use AI, thank you very much, and I am sorry to bother you. But, if you did. Take this as friendly advice and never use AI to write content to post in BitcoinTalk.

KalOlak (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 10:14:47 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2023, 10:31:38 AM by KalOlak

Op, did you use AI to write this? I didn't even read what you wrote. But the content doesn't seem original. Different Ai content detectors detect your content as AI writes. I DON'T WANT TO BLAME YOU since I haven't seen you using AI before to write content. Only you know better if you have used any kind of tools to write this or not. If you did, you would get caught eventually and then boom!

If you did not use AI, thank you very much, and I am sorry to bother you. But, if you did. Take this as friendly advice and never use AI to write content to post in BitcoinTalk.

It's basic game theory. 2+2=4. log2(1024)=10. 21000000/8000000 = 2.625. You don't need "AI" for that.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 11:57:19 AM

the OP is a known obsessive of religion and the number 2.625

he has been told in many topics now his maths is below highschool level and his understanding of economics is even worse

the number 2.625 has no linkage to anything bitcoin related.. its just a number he came up with as part of the religious order he wants to promote based on trying to get 8million idiots to fangirls into his cult

when pressed about his number, that there will not be 8 million people hoarding 2.625bitcoin today nor in 117 years he then decides to change his 8m disciple number but wants to hold tight onto his 2.625 magic number he decided on.. kind of obsessive..

the number 2.625 has no relevance to bitcoin at all

after so many topics made by him where he has not even garnered any loyal supporters, its time he realises his cult recruitment campaign died the moment he wrote it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
KalOlak (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 12:31:49 PM

he has been told in many topics now his maths is below highschool level and his understanding of economics is even worse

the number 2.625 has no linkage to anything bitcoin related.. its just a number he came up with as part of the religious order he wants to promote based on trying to get 8million idiots to fangirls into his cult

when pressed about his number, that there will not be 8 million people hoarding 2.625bitcoin today nor in 117 years he then decides to change his 8m disciple number but wants to hold tight onto his 2.625 magic number he decided on.. kind of obsessive..

the number 2.625 has no relevance to bitcoin at all

after so many topics made by him where he has not even garnered any loyal supporters, its time he realises his cult recruitment campaign died the moment he wrote it

Well, if I explain to you why Satoshi chose exactly 21 million Bitcoins and precisely 100 million Satoshis per Bitcoin and that these numbers were not chosen randomly but have a mathematical rationale, will it help change your worldview?
It's a basic math, and to be honest, I'm surprised that you still haven't grasped these elementary calculations and Satoshi's line of thought.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 05:54:52 PM

32bit binary which starting point is of 5000000000units has a nice easy halving factor that results in a near precise amount with limited rounding when halved every 210k blocks

but explaining the 21 is more ontopic to satoshi

however your silly 2.625 is meaningless chosen number by you and you alone

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 465

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2023, 06:18:23 PM

..snip..
Hehe, just kidding dear OP and Franky1 but I can not resist sharing this. Hehe.

Actually, I also didn't read your whole post which is too lengthy and needs some text editing because when you make your text good looking then it attracts readers otherwise not. But at the end, I thought I should read some replies for better understanding and I came to know that it is AI written by Learn Bitcoin (which is still a doubt for me too and for Learn Bitcoin). As I also read your previous posts and they seem to be humanoid.

I respect the Bible, and I respect your religion. So, please do not take my meme an attack toward your religion because I am also a religious person and I respect others. seriously I just shared it as fun for Franky1. I think he likes to do that. And in your calculations what is 8 million like if they are a number of people then what's the source of it.

KalOlak (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 06:28:23 PM

32bit binary which starting point is of 5000000000units has a nice easy halving factor that results in a near precise amount with limited rounding when halved every 210k blocks

but explaining the 21 is more ontopic to satoshi

Of course, your answer is incorrect because you are not familiar with programming and the architecture of modern processors.

21 million Bitcoin and 100 million Satoshi per Bitcoin  was chosen in order to simplify calculations and involve floating-point arithmetic.

1. 64-bit IEEE754 double, all integers up to 9007199254740992 == 2^53 can be exactly represented. In the range 2^51 to 2^52, the only non-integer values.
Below 2^51 we also have .25 and .75, so comparing a number with it's rounded counterpart in order to determine if it may be integer or not starts making some sense.
If you want to test whether result may be integer, you must avoid numbers larger than 2^51 == 2251799813685248

Sure, he could choose  2200000000000000, but 22 is not triangular number.

2. So, for the purpose of optimizing calculations, he had to choose the triangular number closest to 22 from the sequence: 0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28,...

So it's 21. Basic math, kid.
348Judah

Activity: 700
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 06:41:59 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

Indeed, rules and strategies derived from game theory principles can be applied in various aspects of life, including the Bitcoin space. As people continue to explore and understand the Bitcoin, they can develop new strategies and best practices based on these principles.

I don't really know what you're talking about here but from what i can depict, you have to know that bitcoin has protocols and which nothing can change those models of how the network works, everything has been completely done on the way it operates on the blockchain technology, what I don't seem to understand is the incoporation of game theories and the 2.625 Bible is what I don't really know how it got into bitcoin discussion here.

Op, did you use AI to write this? I didn't even read what you wrote. But the content doesn't seem original.

I also want to assume all these are not AI content because it's just full of exergeration without header or footer on a particular point to arrived at, i hardly got the idea on what i comment from his last paragraph after he has beaten around the bush with such a voluminous content, maybe he doesn't know this, that here on bitcointalk, it's not by how big the content appears but the quality in it no matter how small.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
KalOlak (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 06:59:13 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2023, 07:25:34 PM by KalOlak

I respect the Bible, and I respect your religion. So, please do not take my meme an attack toward your religion because I am also a religious person and I respect others. seriously I just shared it as fun for Franky1. I think he likes to do that. And in your calculations what is 8 million like if they are a number of people then what's the source of it.

Alright, I'll try to explain as concisely as possible. Imagine you are playing a games that can be played by 8 billion people. What games? Well, let's call this games "Internet" and "Bitcoin."

Let's first play a game called "Internet." You know that the main protocol of the Internet is IPv4. The maximum number of IPv4 addresses is 2^32 (~4.3 billion). So, there won't be enough addresses for every person on Earth. Let's assume you are in the early stages of the Internet and you believe in the technology. You have strategies: to take 0 addresses or take all 4.3 billion addresses for yourself. If you take all 4.3 billion addresses, the Internet won't spread, and you'll lose. If you take 0 addresses (you actually have 0), you'll have to rent and pay for addresses your (and your wife, and your children..) whole life, and you'll also lose. So, there's an optimal number of addresses you should reserve for yourself. That will be the optimal strategy.

My answer:
I own 1280 IPv4 addresses, which I got for free over 20 years ago. Each of them is valued at $50 today. As for 2023 there is ~1 million of IPv4 block owners over World.

I hope you understood the game's conditions and analogy between games. Now let's play a game called "Bitcoin." ...

My answer:
I own 2.625 Bitcoin

What is your answer? What is your optimal strategy?

I really tried to explain it as if for a 6-year-old or a labrador.
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 06:59:52 PM

What does bitcoin gats to do with game theory, religion, or the mathematical order of 2.625? Does the length of your story and your explanation matter or have any bearing on the price of bitcoin? Why should you put up with this lengthy story in the hopes that someone would read it?

The next time you want to discuss something, try to keep it concise and understandable rather than bringing up your mathematical rationale of 2.625 because that number doesn't exist in the cryptosphere.

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 09:11:42 PM

OP you fail yet again to try to amalgamate your silly number to relate to bitcoin.. your numbers have no association with bitcoin. your maths does not work nor compare to anything bitcoin related

it seems you are just trying to blast your silly number in as many posts as you can trying to get some recognition to YOUR NAME being linked to the number on a google search..

im guessing your end goal is once you have some recognition of inventing false information you then want to write a book and hope the recognition would entice readers to pay money to read your nonsense..

your number just do not have real context to bitcoin history. and no i do not even think you bought 2.625 btc. you just want to make yourself famous from spouting the meaningless number repetedly

KalOlak (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 09:14:58 PM

OP you fail yet again to try to amalgamate your silly number to relate to bitcoin.. your numbers have no association with bitcoin. your maths does not work nor compare to anything bitcoin related

it seems you are just trying to blast your silly number in as many posts as you can trying to get some recognition to YOUR NAME being linked to the number on a google search..

im guessing your end goal is once you have some recognition of inventing false information you then want to write a book and hope the recognition would entice readers to pay money to read your nonsense..

your number just do not have real context to bitcoin history. and no i do not even think you bought 2.625 btc. you just want to make yourself famous from spouting the meaningless number repetedly

Franky, I gave you an example that a 6-year-old and even your labrador could understand.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2023, 10:24:50 PM

well yes you do sound like a toddler barking at a dog, ill agree on how you sound

buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3437

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 02:15:04 AM
Merited by stompix (2)

Hate to say it, but franky's right about your math. You don't think of a figure and then look for a way to arrive at it (thinking myself now of how people seem obsessed with 21m and then look for a way to arrive at that, as if that was ever the predetermined destination).

Correlation is not causation, try as hard as I may, I find no need or even economic interest in a Bitcoin holy scripture.

2.625, if you suggest, can also hardly be the universal sum. A Papua New Guinean holder and a Swiss holder surely shouldn't hold the same "optimal" sum?

If he did use AI, it was only to help his layout, OP's at least his own author bringing something new to Bitcoin discussion (IMO). Posts like yours, on the other hand...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 03:46:50 AM

satoshi did not even apply much game theory starting out.

even the first versions of bitcoin software were not game /strategy based, they were retailer EPOS system based.
heck initially he did not even think about things like GPU mining or ASIC mining or racking CPU's together. he initially was thinking of democratic 1cpu=1vote

it was only later with conversations with others that he started to think out of the box about a more capitalist socialist libertarian system of gaming the system and adjustments to compensate for it

he was more economist/technologist than game theorist

but this topic creator has gone full dumb-dumb trying to pretend he is a messenger from satoshi with some important number.. even though that number is meaningless.. all the topic creator wants to do is scam the community by forming a religious order, lead by him.. in short he wanted to make a pump and dump cult

usually pump and dump groups seek idiots who will believe anything, as they are easy to lead and scam them out of funds for the benefit of the leader. and thats the topic creators game. seeing who will believe his bullcrap so he knows who to recruit.. he is not original in anyway. others have tried to do silly pump and dump cultish scheme with different things that pretend to be important but are meaningless

two.625

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 07:14:47 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2023, 07:32:54 AM by two.625

Satoshi was a good economist
So he would have applied different model including the game theory while creating Bitcoin.
About the 2.625BTC am curious where the 8M came from?

Satoshi had limited knowledge of economics and game theory, but he excelled as a programmer and mathematician. He demonstrated a clear understanding of John Nash's "Ideal Money" (2004) concept, while there's no evidence that he ever read Silvio Gesell's "Free Money" (1929)

There are two ways to make bitcoin asymptotically stable:
1 Implementing a progressive tax on Bitcoin holding to increase the velocity of Bitcoin circulation and spreading ("Free Money")

2 engaging in permanent Bitcoin pump and dump schemes through market manipulations

Since Satoshi choose P&D show, 2.625 Bitcoin is an optimal strategy in this game.

Fiatless

Activity: 532
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 07:30:40 AM

Well, if I explain to you why Satoshi chose exactly 21 million Bitcoins and precisely 100 million Satoshis per Bitcoin and that these numbers were not chosen randomly but have a mathematical rationale, will it help change your worldview?
It's a basic math, and to be honest, I'm surprised that you still haven't grasped these elementary calculations and Satoshi's line of thought.
I appreciated your interesting writeup and analogy relating Bitcoin with theories and mathematics. But all these speculations are based on your assumptions because you can claim to know why Satoshi used 21milliin Bitcoin only if you have a document that backs your claim or you have met with the Bitcoin creator. The reason why he used the numbers is best known to him except someone comes up with verifiable proof of his intentions.

What does bitcoin gats to do with game theory, religion, or the mathematical order of 2.625? Does the length of your story and your explanation matter or have any bearing on the price of bitcoin? Why should you put up with this lengthy story in the hopes that someone would read it?

The next time you want to discuss something, try to keep it concise and understandable rather than bringing up your mathematical rationale of 2.625 because that number doesn't exist in the cryptosphere.
Anybody has the freedom to relate theories with any concert but it should be done factually. OP made the whole explanation complex and it will take people that are in the same class with him to understand. If he makes it simpler I might be able to understand.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
tw0.625

Activity: 56
Merit: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 08:46:36 AM

usually pump and dump groups seek idiots who will believe anything, as they are easy to lead and scam them out of funds for the benefit of the leader. and thats the topic creators game. seeing who will believe his bullcrap so he knows who to recruit.. he is not original in anyway. others have tried to do silly pump and dump cultish scheme with different things that pretend to be important but are meaningless

You, as usual, didn't understand anything. It was Satoshi who designed the game in such a way as to encourage pump and dump schemes. In Bitcoin, there is no other mechanism that would incentivize increasing the velocity of Bitcoin circulation and distribution. Economically, everything Satoshi proposed for Bitcoin is about encouraging pump and dump. On the contrary, the strategy I proposed makes pump and dump schemes unprofitable, allowing Bitcoin to become asymptotically stable money.
Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 806

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2023, 10:03:13 AM

Attention, guys, OP will never reply to you as OP is already banned from the forum. If you see the first reply on this topic, I doubt that OP was using AI to write this long post, and later he denied it. However, OP was doing copy-paste, which is called plagiarism, and it's forbidden in the forum. User light_warrior caught him doing it multiple times, and he reported it Report plagiarism (copy/paste) here. Mods: please give temp or permban as needed. The result is OP is permanently banned from this forum.

So, You can continue the discussion without having a response from the OP.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: