Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:10:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my Favourite Personal Texts of Bitcointalk Members  (Read 274 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 05:18:50 PM
Merited by Darker45 (1)

Personal Text|Username|
___________________________________________|_____________|
Once a man, twice a child!|Mpamaegbu|
___________________________________________|_____________|
I don't own a patent to my avatar text. It's a proverb I picked up way back in high school. It simply explains human life in three stages – the child stage 2. The youth stage 3. The child stage again. The third stage is the old age actually but it's likened to the child stage because here the human brain and its activities aren't as active and coordinated as when they are in the youth stage. That text is a constant reminder to me of the vulnerability humans suffer at old age when they have to rely on others the same way children do. So, that helps me relate with elderly people going through senile dementia or lack of coordination where they've to rely on others for care.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 05, 2023, 02:24:55 AM

I don't know how my personal text ended up on the list, or catching anybody's attention for that matter, as it's a local word. It's in the vernacular. Even many of my countrymen don't know what it means. Anyway, thanks to Best_Change for not requiring us to wear a personal text. A little space is left for something, well, personal.

It's been there for years already, if I'm not mistaken. It translates to carry on, continue, go ahead, forward, move on. It's a verb, so used as a single-word sentence, it's an imperative. If I remember it right, I put it there when the pandemic was at its most vicious point. I was simply saying, in a single word, that life doesn't stop even in the midst of a pandemic-- or a war or death of a friend or a family or whatever for that matter. It moves on. We carry on.

In the beautiful book The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini, the most popular line was probably "For you, a thousand times over." However, the phrase that really struck me and stayed with me ever since was the Persian Zendagi migzara. It translates to life goes on. In the context of the book, that line has a very strong message.

I once had a calendar with a poem printed on it, On Children by Khalil Gibran. It had a line that goes, "For life goes not backward, nor tarries with yesterday."

And then there's the lovely line from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech in 1960: “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

I can go on, but I don't know why I'm easily struck by such kind of message. But I love to be always reminded that life or the world doesn't pause for a rest. It just continues whatever happens. So, what else can we do? We move along. Padayon!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 05, 2023, 09:00:16 AM

Even many of my countrymen don't know what it means. Anyway, thanks to Best_Change for not requiring us to wear a personal text. A little space is left for something, well, personal.
This isn't to pander to any unnecessary flattery. I like to applaud Best_Change and other campaigns that allow free space for hunters to freely express themselves with whatever personal text they choose. I don't know what projects stand to gain by insisting campaign hunters use avatar texts which in themselves aren't clickable. It doesn't add any more value.

If I remember it right, I put it there when the pandemic was at its most vicious point. I was simply saying, in a single word, that life doesn't stop even in the midst of a pandemic-- or a war or death of a friend or a family or whatever for that matter. It moves on. We carry on.
I've learnt a new word, Padayon!. Move on! My only problem there using it will be on how to enunciate it. From its meaning and your explanation for picking it, I can say it rightly deserves a mention on the list.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Knight Hider

Activity: 239
Merit: 59

a young loner on a crusade

View Profile
August 05, 2023, 05:54:37 PM

a young loner on a crusade|Knight Hider|
I'm glad you like it. It took a long time before I was Jr. Member to use it.

--Knight Hider

in a world of criminals who operate above the law
one man can make a difference and you are going to be that man
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: