Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found 0.3.13 logs & wallet  (Read 350 times)
help411 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2023, 02:37:17 PM

It was backup over time in dropbox.

Logfile contents I'm trying to confirm:

Code:
received: block (216 bytes)
received block 00000000f2a1a5dcdf29
SetBestChain: new best=00000000f2a1a5dcdf29  height=23679  work=101706377485440
MainFrameRepaint
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

Confirmed the wallet version is the same as the debug.log, 0.3.13, and read on stack exchange a later version still had that format.

I noticed lapses in versions: 2.3.1, 2.3.1rc1, 2.3.1rc2, then 24.

Can anyone confirm that a block was found? And how would I go about accessing it, I'm afraid to try to upgrade.

Thanks a lot!
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2976

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2023, 03:14:38 PM

My guess the wallet you talking to is the Satoshi client. Because 0.3.13 is the old version of Bitcoin-qt version 0.5.

Would you mind telling us what wallet backup you have is that a protobuf format or a wallet backup with dates?

About the block you talking to according to the height, I think this is the block you talking to below

- https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/block/23679
It was confirmed and mine then rewarded with 50BTC. However, we don't know if you own this address who receives 50BTC 1By3snzUuukxqcFsEKJUq3TriyCtB6HQ4a

To confirm it you should recover the private key from your backup wallet and then import it to new wallet like Electrum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2023, 03:23:52 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2023, 05:38:07 PM by help411

It looks like this.. xxxx'd out the characters. Yes, satoshi wallet.

Code:
{
    "ckey": [],
    "defaultkey": "xxxx",
    "keys": [
        {
            "addr": "xxxx",
            "compressed": false,
            "hexsec": "xxxx",
            "label": "Your Address",
            "private": "xxxx",
            "pubkey": "xxxx",
            "reserve": 0,
            "sec": "xxxxx",
            "secret": "xxxx"
        }
    ],
    "mkey": {},
    "names": {
        "xxxx": "Your Address"
    },
    "pool": [],
    "settings": {
        "addrIncoming": "74.197.243.80:36128",
        "addrProxy": "127.0.0.1:23075",
        "fGenerateBitcoins": "True",
        "fLimitProcessors": "True",
        "fUseProxy": "False"
    },
    "tx": [],
    "version": 31300
}

That's the json output via a python scipt. I have a different address. Exported the private keys and trying to import the keys. Not sure I'm doing it right. Getting an "No Inputs Found" using the p2pkh format. Sounds bad. Is it possible it's to old to work? Importing the actual wallet via the install wizard says file not found decode error.
BitMaxz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2023, 11:03:44 PM

Do you mean the private and secret starts with xxxx? If that's the first character it won't work if you import it to other wallets.

I don't have much idea what Satoshi wallet GUI looks like but instead of using Python to backup the wallet would you mind to check the Satoshi client on the GUI if there is a backup button?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 05:29:40 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2023, 07:12:57 PM by help411

Thank you! I appreciate the help! I'll look into your suggestions. Yes, there's a Networks overview & it's connected to 10 nodes.
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 06:17:12 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2023, 11:02:53 AM by help411

So, it's definitely the right wallet file, but i'm having problems with all approaches:

• My apple laptop is a work computer, and can't risk any downtime backdating libraries that will likely not work on modern mac os.
  • import the wallet file causes "failure to decode" error.
  • importing the exported wallet data into a new wallet causes a "Cannot read file UnicodeDecodeError('utf-8', bxo..etc")". It seems to be incompatabilities in OS libraries with the newer MacOS

Question is now.. would you recommend this service https://cryptoassetrecovery.com/privacy-policy ?

I'd really, really appreciate all your help. The wallet is 872kb, lots of cruft, but lots of blocks found.
BitMaxz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2023, 01:43:31 PM

Have you tried my suggestion above?
Would you mind telling us what the backup wallet file looks like?

I don't know exactly what the Satoshi client looks like but I think the features are the same as the new Bitcoin core where you can open a debug console. If I'm right then check the help on the menu and look for debug>console tab then use this command to dump the private keys

Only use this if your Satoshi wallet has a password.
Code:
walletpassphrase "your walletpassword" 600

Then dump the keys using this command below.

Code:
dumpprivkey [The Bitcoin address you want to dump private key]
Copy the dump key and import it to Electrum.

About cryptoassetrecovery.com I don't how safe they are but there is another well-known site that offers recovery services.
Here's the link https://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/ or contact DaveF for assistance.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2023, 03:59:09 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2023, 06:33:00 PM by help411

Thanks! But I think I got the old wallet to import into Electrum by the bitcoin key. Transactions are coming in, but I expect it to take maybe 2-5 weeks to complete.
BitMaxz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2023, 06:48:09 PM

Thanks! But I think I got the old wallet to import into Electrum by the bitcoin key. Transactions are coming in, but I expect it to take maybe 2-5 weeks to complete.

What do you mean? Did you already send it to another wallet?

If you already sent the BTC to another wallet it shouldn't take long to transfer or send to another wallet unless the fee you set is very low or below the recommended fee suggested by mempool.space.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2023, 07:13:41 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2023, 12:39:58 AM by help411

No, I tried to load the wallet into Electrum, it definitely did not work  Grin

To confirm it you should recover the private key from your backup wallet and then import it to new wallet like Electrum.

I found out why that wouldn't work, no matter how many times I tried it. The "Witness tx count" is zero since it has never left the wallet.

I placed the wallet into the Bitcoin Core folder and then turned on Bitcoin Core. Then realized nothing was showing and remembered the rescan config flag. So, I restarted it using -rescan=1 in the config, then will download all the blocks before sending to another wallet.

Thanks a lot for your help. Don't really know what I'm doing, couldn't have done it without you.
Cricktor

Activity: 770
Merit: 1132

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 12:59:55 AM

About the block you talking to according to the height, I think this is the block you talking to below

- https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/block/23679
It was confirmed and mine then rewarded with 50BTC. However, we don't know if you own this address who receives 50BTC 1By3snzUuukxqcFsEKJUq3TriyCtB6HQ4a

You won't see the UTXO even if you imported it with the proper private key in Electrum. The coinbase transaction pays 50BTC to the public key 0403b60f1d6e3f4ad4ee34efd3c35f146f54d3ff4c57a203bb64a5491037469ee3aa2cb0b319e96 a1b75960d7ec2db062ec03cb1362823b18ae95590ede834b7e5 (P2PK), not to the public address 1By3snzUuukxqcFsEKJUq3TriyCtB6HQ4a (P2PKH). And Electrum as SPV wallet can't see such P2PK transactions because the connected Electrum server won't serve them to the Electrum wallet.

You can import the private key in Bitcoin Core and Core would also be able to show UTXOs sent to public keys (should work with combo() descriptors if necessary).

The coinbase output of block #23679 has been spent with the following transaction b3a7521c15a5926aea2692aa8298a148cf8375ea3cf7962f272f99369fd9a5c1 on ‎2011-04-07 15:57 UTC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 01:10:35 AM

Where are you finding the transaction ID? Just so I know how to use that tool.
Cricktor

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 01:40:43 AM

Not sure if I understand what you're asking for. Goto https://mempool.space which is a blockchain explorer and a little more.
Fetch block #23679 by entering 23679 in the search box, upper right corner, hit Enter key.

You will see that block here: https://mempool.space/block/00000000f2a1a5dcdf29940328852dbc1e5a5613ecc0d4a565be908add0dfea9

Scroll down and you see this block has only one transaction, the coinbase transaction.

If you click the link right to P2PK at the bottom of the page which starts with 0403b60f...e834b7e5, you should see two transactions that the public key was involved with: 1. the coinbase transaction and 2. the spending transaction.

Because the blockchain explorer mempool.space doesn't show more transactions for that particular public key, assuming there're no severe bugs, those two are the only transactions that this public key was involved with.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 02:47:47 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2023, 12:16:05 PM by help411

Perfect, thanks. It says "Coinbase (Newly Generated Coins)", but Coinbase doesn't mint coins & didn't exist until 2012. Likely a generic place holder.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 15, 2023, 12:29:41 AM

Perfect, thanks. It says "Coinbase (Newly Generated Coins)", but Coinbase doesn't mint coins & didn't exist until 2012. Likely a generic place holder.
'Coinbase' is the transaction that pays the miner, NOT a company.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2023, 01:10:42 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2023, 11:21:16 AM by help411

That makes more sense. Thanks! There are other blocks that have zero info attached, so, think I'll quit my job soon.

I appreciate everyone's help. I'll tip as soon as it finishes lawyers say so. Saving your addresses. I thought i lost this wallet in a HD crash around 2011. Then was cleaning up an external drive and came across it. Couldn't believe it. 15 years I was sitting on this.
Cricktor

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 15, 2023, 07:39:13 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2023, 08:20:58 PM by Cricktor

There are other blocks that have zero info attached, so, think I'll quit my job soon.

I don't understand what you mean by "blocks that have zero info attached". As long as you possess the private keys of the "coinbase output(s)" and are able to move your coins, you're likely in Bitcoin heaven. Wish you all the best! Always have backups of the original old wallet files before you start to migrate them to newer versions of Bitcoin Core (sole official website is https://bitcoincore.org; always carefully verify any software wallet file download, never skip this step!).

Be careful though, don't do anything stupid with your wallet or wallets on your daily driver computer. Consider it unsafe. If you don't know much about wallet and computer security, you might risk losing your coins!

15 years I was sitting on this.

Ha, to make your point, I guess, it's ok to round years up. Well, I bet it's just right as it happened to you. In the end you weren't tempted to sell at much lower rates in the past. What we've seen 2017/18 and especially 2021 or even this year at about little less than half of ATH is much better than in the first handful years after Bitcoin's inception. I can't tell when, but I strongly believe we'll see new ATHs in the future, surely with ups and downs, but the big picture will likely be more in the up direction. Fiat has inflation (government's slow but deadly poison), Bitcoin has deflation and growing scarcity when slowly more people see its benefits and freedom compared to goverment money.

Sorry that "coinbase" confused you, I thought that you as a miner knew the term "coinbase transaction", my bad. There was no need nor any intention to attach your topic with a commercial exchange like Coinbase is.

Pay attention to the security of your wallet(s). If I were you (btw, I have two), I'd get one or more decent hardware wallets (like Foundation Devices Passport or maybe Coinkite Coldcard, definitely not the Ledger crap) and transfer coins from software to hardware wallets. Not going into much details here, don't rush it, don't be reckless, make yourself well familiar with hardware or air-gapped wallets and secure self-custody. See e.g. https://www.smartcustody.com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
help411 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 12:13:10 PM

Ha, to make your point, I guess, it's ok to round years up.
Code:
11/15/2010 08:52:04 Flushing wallet.dat
I did pad the numbers a little  Wink

All good advice. And yes, I'll be holding the Bitcoin, selling what I need in the immediate terms. I live very simple. Really just want to focus on my own projects, work on things I want to work on. And try to spend more time outdoors. 20 years is a long time to stare at a screen.

I have 2 hardware wallets. A Nano and Nano X, but i'll check out your recommended reading.

Thans again!

ps: fiat.. yeah. Failed experiement. BTC is global, is stable (long term uptrend), easy accessible anywhere without dealing in exchange rates. And yes, another Halving in February!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: