Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:06:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aleph Zero the fastest blockchain I ever experience  (Read 83 times)
nad010286 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 09:15:21 AM

Hi all,

I recently found this gem Layer 1 blockchain, Aleph Zero, and would like your opinion as I couldn't find any article about the project. I have been trying transferring native token and it's so smooth and fast, finality takes 1 second. I also tried interact with some dapps in the ecosystem and also have great experience.

What is Aleph Zero?

Aleph Zero is a highly scalable Layer-1 blockchain with near-instant finality and enhanced privacy for users. It officially launched its mainnet in late 2021. As a permissionless blockchain ecosystem built with Polkadot’s Substrate framework and ink!-an extension of the Rust programming language built for smart contract functionality–the network is designed for businesses to develop their own decentralized apps and solutions using Aleph Zero’s infrastructure while respecting data privacy or protecting their competitive advantage.

Key Features:

- Aleph Zero Presents the Peer-reviewed Consensus Protocol at AFT 2019 Conference. AFT 2019 is one of the top academic conferences in the distributed ledger space. Its committee consists of members from Massachusets Institute of Technology (MIT), Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, Cornell University, and VMWare Research.
- 1 second Finality, transactions happen almost immediately
- Massive TPS of 89,000 and low fee (0.0003 AZERO for a transfer transaction, AZERO price is about $0.92 at time of writing)
- Public and Private Smart Contract
- Multichain privacy layer using sMPC (secure Multi Party Computation) and zk-proofs
- Direct Acyclic Graph (DAG) implementation at its core
- Best Infrastructure Reward in Warsaw Summit 2023

With Smart Contract released March 2023, its still early to join the ecosystem. I believe once the bridge using privacy-enhancing technology is ready by end of the year, this platform will blossom and can be something that competitive and highly more advanced than Solana and all Layer 2 EVM-based networks.

@sriyan

Activity: 468
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 12:18:13 PM

Hi all,

I recently found this gem Layer 1 blockchain, Aleph Zero, and would like your opinion as I couldn't find any article about the project. I have been trying transferring native token and it's so smooth and fast, finality takes 1 second. I also tried interact with some dapps in the ecosystem and also have great experience.

What is Aleph Zero?

Aleph Zero is a highly scalable Layer-1 blockchain with near-instant finality and enhanced privacy for users. It officially launched its mainnet in late 2021. As a permissionless blockchain ecosystem built with Polkadot’s Substrate framework and ink!-an extension of the Rust programming language built for smart contract functionality–the network is designed for businesses to develop their own decentralized apps and solutions using Aleph Zero’s infrastructure while respecting data privacy or protecting their competitive advantage.

Key Features:

- Aleph Zero Presents the Peer-reviewed Consensus Protocol at AFT 2019 Conference. AFT 2019 is one of the top academic conferences in the distributed ledger space. Its committee consists of members from Massachusets Institute of Technology (MIT), Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, Cornell University, and VMWare Research.
- 1 second Finality, transactions happen almost immediately
- Massive TPS of 89,000 and low fee (0.0003 AZERO for a transfer transaction, AZERO price is about $0.92 at time of writing)
- Public and Private Smart Contract
- Multichain privacy layer using sMPC (secure Multi Party Computation) and zk-proofs
- Direct Acyclic Graph (DAG) implementation at its core
- Best Infrastructure Reward in Warsaw Summit 2023

With Smart Contract released March 2023, its still early to join the ecosystem. I believe once the bridge using privacy-enhancing technology is ready by end of the year, this platform will blossom and can be something that competitive and highly more advanced than Solana and all Layer 2 EVM-based networks.

Can you share the whitepaper? I never heard about this project. Also, what is the current stage of the project? Have they launched a token?
nad010286 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2023, 07:54:40 AM

Hi @sriyan,

Yes they have launched the token and you can find it on MEXC, Huobi ...

This is the whitepaper
https://docs.alephzero.org/aleph-zero/explore/whitepapers

They have done some great progress, here is the roadmap
https://alephzero.org/roadmap

gaingt8anwh

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2023, 11:04:21 AM

Your article has provided a very good insight into the Aleph Zero project, but you can further expand on the technical aspects and technical details. This will help readers gain a deeper understanding of how the project operates and generate even more interest.
manhranguna8

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2023, 11:05:50 AM

You have compared aleph zero to solana and layer 2 EVM-based networks, but provide additional specific examples of why Aleph Zero can be more competitive and advanced. This could include comparisons of performance, security features, scalability, and other attributes that Aleph Zero brings to the table.
hoangutat02

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2023, 11:06:46 AM

When highlighting the project's advantages, consider adding a bit of real-world feedback or references from actual users who have experienced using aleph zero. This will enhance the persuasiveness and transparency of the article.
nad010286 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2023, 04:53:22 AM

Thanks for all your feedbacks, We can discuss multiple aspects here but let start with VALIDATOR, CONSENSUS/SPEED first and Solana is ideal for this comparison.

1. VALIDATOR

Ref:
(*) https://docs.solana.com/running-validator/validator-reqs
(**) https://docs.alephzero.org/aleph-zero/validate/hardware-requirements

This is the hardware requirements to run Validator on each network and it's clear that it will be more expensive to setup and run Solana Validator Node as Solana Validator requires high-end computer to run and very fast internet connection. It also means that dapps on Solana network also requires higher operating cost to compare with Aleph Zero.

NetworkCurrent Active ValidatorsCPURAMStorageNetWorkInitial CostSlashYield
Aleph Zero126modern desktop x86_64 (Intel, AMD) processor with at least 8 cores32GB2TB NVMe SSD100+Mbps (with low latency)Min 25K AZERO to run ($0.92 per AZERO atm)NO11-12%
Solana191412 cores / 24 threads, or more; 2.8Ghz; AVX2 supported; SHA extensions support256GB or more ECC is suggestedGen3 x4 NVME SSD, or better; 500GB+ for account; 1TB+ for Ledgerat least 1GBbit/s symmetric, commercial. 10GBit/s preferredrent-exempt reserve of 0.02685864 SOL; Voting costs up to 1.1 SOL per day ($24.21 per SOL atm)YES7-8%

2. CONSENSUS/SPEED

Aleph Zero: uses a permissionless Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) architecture in its AlephBFT PoS protocol. Here, the transactions in blocks aren’t connected to others linearly, rather than they are flowing in one direction but with multiple branches. This allows Aleph Zero to reach speeds that are beyond the reach of traditional blockchains.
It is Byzantine Fault Tolerant (malicious nodes don’t affect the network) but apart from other BFT protocols, it is asynchronous. It ensures seamless work and data correctness even if some parts of the network are down.

Highest Claimed TPS: 89K
Finality: 1s

Solana: uses Proof of History (PoH) protocol in its core which is a sequence of computations that provides a digital record that confirms that an event has occurred on the network at any point in time. It can be presented as a cryptographic clock that gives a timestamp to every transaction on the network, along with a data structure that can be a simple addition of it.
PoH relies on PoS using the Tower Byzantine fault tolerance (BFT) algorithm, an optimized version of the practical Byzantine fault tolerance (pBFT) protocol. Solana uses it to reach a consensus. The Tower BFT keeps the network secure and running and acts as an additional tool to validate transactions.
Solana uses a 256-bit secure hash algorithm (SHA-256), a set of proprietary cryptographic functions that output a 256-bit value

Highest Claimed TPS: 65K
Finality: 6.4s

In term of outage, 2021 and 2022 can be the worst years for Solana as we have seen many outrages of the network. In Sept. 2021, a major outage was caused by a denial-of-service attack by bots spamming Raydium. In May 2022, bots invaded the network, causing a seven-hour outage. In June 2022, a consensus failure due to a bug caused another outage.

Aleph Zero has seen no outage yet and the network has been in stable status since launching, but it can be that the network is new with not many Dapps running at this point. It’s still early to say Aleph Zero consensus is better than Solana consensus, however the numbers so far say it’s better in term of technical aspects.
nad010286 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2023, 06:25:51 AM

A latest review about Aleph Zero by Beanstock

https://youtu.be/XkYY8aTNUJQ
crypoman

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 19, 2024, 09:52:12 AM

I'm interested in the progress of the project so far, especially given its resilience during the bear market. I've heard about a partnership with Deutsche Telekom, which further piqued my interest. I'm eager to hear more insights from knowledgeable members here. Additionally, I've personally experienced the speed of their wallet for token transfers, which was remarkably fast. Considering these factors, what do you think could be its future potential?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: