Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a public Addy for a 2013 BF lealana 1ltc #6586. SMOOTHIE?  (Read 624 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 12:23:35 AM

From my understanding. People have got addresses from him in the past tho. I have heard this from several people. Since I made this post I started asking around. I got alot of different perspectives. This is why I don't even care about my coin anymore. I feel it has to be talked about.

Well now that's different I've never heard of that so if you have any examples please post them.

I did see your comment on his death coin thread about stacks and bowers but you also have to understand that smoothie has dealt with lots of high-end customers simply through his email, who have paid extra to make certain things. That said, he also certainly reserves the right to sell whatever he chooses from his collection on s&b.

I get that you are pissed off but again this is America. 🤷‍♂️

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 963
Merit: 397

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 01:21:26 AM
Merited by LoyceV (4)

First off, I get it. I own multiple coins of his with no addresses. Its always the first question I ask. If there is no address I price coin accordingly. Sure it would be nice If Smoothie just posted a 100 page list of the ten thousand  coins he made. However I can think of reasons why he wouldn't. In order for him to give you an address he needs to make 100% sure that the address he gives you is connected with the PK under your hologram. Could you imagine the liability for him if he gives you an address  and the PK doesn't match for whatever reason. He then could be liable for the loaded amount. I mean were talking 10 thousand addresses over a decade old based on first bit and serial numbers. There is just no benefit for him to do it. He needs to spend time to research each coin and verify the address before he gives it out. Frankly I would be happy to pay upwards of $100 for his service to look up and verify an address. Your anger should really be placed with the buyer who sold you the coin. He should of made it very clear that the address was not available. I mean the original buyer is the guy who lost the address. On the bright side I think he has evolved over the years and has solved these problems in his newer coins.

Smoothie- How about a pay service to look up addresses?Huh??
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 492
Merit: 43

Holder of last resort

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 02:31:56 AM

First off, I get it. I own multiple coins of his with no addresses. Its always the first question I ask. If there is no address I price coin accordingly. Sure it would be nice If Smoothie just posted a 100 page list of the ten thousand  coins he made. However I can think of reasons why he wouldn't. In order for him to give you an address he needs to make 100% sure that the address he gives you is connected with the PK under your hologram. Could you imagine the liability for him if he gives you an address  and the PK doesn't match for whatever reason. He then could be liable for the loaded amount. I mean were talking 10 thousand addresses over a decade old based on first bit and serial numbers. There is just no benefit for him to do it. He needs to spend time to research each coin and verify the address before he gives it out. Frankly I would be happy to pay upwards of $100 for his service to look up and verify an address. Your anger should really be placed with the buyer who sold you the coin. He should of made it very clear that the address was not available. I mean the original buyer is the guy who lost the address. On the bright side I think he has evolved over the years and has solved these problems in his newer coins.

Smoothie- How about a pay service to look up addresses?Huh??

This was very well put.

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 935
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2023, 03:01:45 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2023, 03:13:18 AM by Eclipse33
Merited by LoyceV (4)

1. I do not think the theorized narrative that Smoothie is "too lazy to lookup an address" is a good narrative. It fails to understand the proposed technicalities involved.

2. I doubt the proposed $100 per address lookup paid to Smoothie would even raise an eyebrow. I don't consider his motives fueled by money. There is something more behind his efforts then solely the motivation for capital.

3. Security, security, security. One small leak sinks great ships. Breaking protocol a single time can often result in the collapse of an entire operation. In this case you are assuming he does not have in place some protocol or internal rule when it comes to public address distribution.

4. When going hyper private, hyper secure and securing other people's cyber currency. There is no room for error. Error results in the collapse of an entire empire.

Casasscius went public and did everything in the open, Smoothie went private and choose to do everything in secret.

Two different ways to address the same problem. Two different strategies to approach the secure storage of cyber money.

Neither is better than the other.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
YodasRedRocket

Activity: 669
Merit: 562

Nobody dies a virgin… Life fucks us all.

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 03:24:50 AM

Hey, all the points you guys are making are great if you are talking about someone that’s retired & sippin Mai Tai’s on the beach & no longer active on the boards & making new physical crypto. Can he speak for himself?  Not too much to ask.

As for Yoda, I intend to block you on Twitter. Please be mindful of your language, as using terms as "bitchh" reflects poorly on you. ~ 1HoDLUrFuNdZ
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 03:48:35 AM
Merited by YodasRedRocket (20), Suzuki Matt (1)

I don’t even like Yoda yet I agree with him…. **(Watching the merit flood in lmao)**
YodasRedRocket

Activity: 669
Merit: 562

Nobody dies a virgin… Life fucks us all.

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 03:49:26 AM

Ghost of Satoshi > Ghosting of Lealana

As for Yoda, I intend to block you on Twitter. Please be mindful of your language, as using terms as "bitchh" reflects poorly on you. ~ 1HoDLUrFuNdZ
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16569

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2023, 04:50:02 AM

I understand this frustration, but you have to remember that smoothie has always stated he will never give the addresses out except to original buyers.

This is the privacy-centricness in him
I wasn't around early enough, but if he always said he won't share addresses, he shouldn't change that now. That's the risk of buying second hand coins. It's good to know before buying them though.

@OP: have an avatar Smiley That's all I could do for you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Suzuki Matt (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 12:03:41 PM

Then why is there several people telling me he used to get them addresses for their coins? But I guess he is selective to which members he chooses to help? 🤔 Why can't he speak for himself?
Suzuki Matt (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 12:04:24 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2023, 12:20:11 PM by Suzuki Matt

I understand this frustration, but you have to remember that smoothie has always stated he will never give the addresses out except to original buyers.

This is the privacy-centricness in him
I wasn't around early enough, but if he always said he won't share addresses, he shouldn't change that now. That's the risk of buying second hand coins. It's good to know before buying them though.

@OP: have an avatar Smiley That's all I could do for you.

Avatar? Oh snap I'm a full member now. Thanks.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2023, 04:47:35 PM

the thing is some sellers do not even understand what is meant by the full address, look at this convo I had with a seller on ebay:

me:
do you have the COA's for these coins? or the full actual address?

seller:
There never where COA’s for these coins Florida neighbor

me:
ok. I know some do have them - some dont. I dont know all which do specifically.
do you have the public address though?

seller:
It’s on the coin label

me:
what do you mean coin label? the hologram?

seller:
I have 2 of these I will sell you for $25k cash each. That’s the prices for loaded graded coins. Have a good day

me:
I am asking you again - for the unfunded and buyer funded coins you are selling - do you have the full address?

seller:
Do you have the full amount needed? If you’re not familiar with anything use google. I already answered your questions the problem is you don’t understand the answer.

-------

They will not answer whether they have the full public address - instead deflect by trying to sell me loaded, telling me to go to google etc
So, my guess is they do not understand or they do understand and realize they are trying to get 3k USD for a paperweight.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: