Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The things that improve a quality post  (Read 292 times)
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1058

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2023, 01:50:16 PM

Research
A research is very important to anyone that wants to learn, what is keeping alot of us stagnant of growths in the forum is because of lack of research and lack of understanding, and I find out that lacks of research is what makes some of us to discuss out of point, a research is part of knowledge and also  a discovery, but many newbies including me don't research for what to post, before I don't research bur now I notice that to make a research is very important to everybody that is in bitcointalk.

I think you took the research off context. In the cryptocurrency industry, when we say of research we have one major thing in mind. That is, making your personal opinion about a particular coin before investing in it. Just like the popular acronym - DYOR.
In the context you are discussing, it would have been better you used the word "learning". Newbies need to learn before they will be knowledgeable enough to compose high quality posts. Learning is not only for newbies, learning as a continuous process is for everyone.
It I out of the abundance you have that you give out. You cannot give what you do not possess, there is no magic about it.

ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1514

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 02:04:24 PM

Hi, so another grammar nazi on his job telling people on how to improve post's quality. I mean, it just makes the post more understandable. Doesn't improve quality at all.
Imagine you are just writing random words however the spellings, grammar and everything else you mentioned is correct. Does it qualify to be a quality post? I don't think so.

Quality post can be one with mistakes in spellings, but providing the required information to the users.
zaim7413

Activity: 1260
Merit: 332

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 02:12:11 PM

Regardless of the user's rank, if the posts and topics they make meet the requirements of a quality, constructive and informative post, a user like this deserves to be called a quality user. Anyone still has time to become a quality poster, members who have just joined this forum need deep knowledge of how to make quality posts. Those who have joined for a long time but are still having difficulty ranking up, still have the opportunity to change old habits from spammers to quality posters.

The quality of users on the forum is not judged by account rank, not always Newbie (Spammer) and Legendary (Good Member) opinions. Apart from some of the motivations that you have described here, those who still find it difficult to improve the quality of their posts need to read some of the other motivations in this Thread Newbie's Guide to Getting Merit (Proven) to increase account rank.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Doan9269

Activity: 882
Merit: 583

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 05:55:56 PM

Snipped

OP i appreciate your efforts in writing these up but sometimes it's not all about the quantity of what we offer but the quality in them, what you're saying here to me is what can be summarized in one or two lines than the time and effort on wat already had been discussed by many members even in a more professional and presentable manner, though you're a newbie, this could actually be a learning ground for you to do more in other to see more, increase your learning scope, research and make findings on recent and informative news everyone could learn something new from.
Riginac111 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 06:39:11 PM

Snipped

OP i appreciate your efforts in writing these up but sometimes it's not all about the quantity of what we offer but the quality in them, what you're saying here to me is what can be summarized in one or two lines than the time and effort on wat already had been discussed by many members even in a more professional and presentable manner, though you're a newbie, this could actually be a learning ground for you to do more in other to see more, increase your learning scope, research and make findings on recent and informative news everyone could learn something new from.

what i really want us to understand in this tips is that, those things i outlined is what i known that will be the side effect of writing a quality post, so therefore what ever anyone is saying about my idea is an advice to me, but some persons will take it as a criticism but im not bothered of being criticized but i know that few of us know that what i pen down is true about writing a quality writing, talking my point out of forum discussion, its known that before you come up with some of the good writing skill or writing letter a company you most make sure that you outline all i have being mention before, so i have not see why people will condemn my work because they want to complete their weekly quota.     

Dzwaafu11

Activity: 532
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2023, 12:05:58 PM

Improvement on the content and thought of your post through research is the top priority to improve your post quality. There’s a software that can improve the quality of your writings including spelling and grammar while the content itself is only the user can improve it.

Sure. They need to understand that the software they use thinking that it will be the one to improve their post quality is not true; it only corrects the errors that have been made by them while writing the post. However, they still have quality posts even without using this software. What is required is that what you are writing should be meaningful. Grammer is not necessary to make a post quality. The fact that the software we are talking about can give them some grammar that even the poster cannot understand, but knowing that what you write should be educated and meaningful to other forum members is what makes a post quality, since nobody is above mistakes and not all of us here use English as our main language.

The most important thing that improve a quality post is talk less do more, I don't see that in your account because when you're creating this kind particular pointless topic,

Many users that have contributed to this particular topic have not said this topic is pointless; it's obvious that the topic is meaningful, and it will help some users to know their weaknesses when trying to make some good contributions on the forum, whether creating a thread or replying to a post. However, this post is good in my opinion. The only thing I think the OP forgot to include on his list is punctuation, which is very important when writing a sentence like this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4175

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2023, 08:46:38 PM

Since I registered in the forum I observed one of the things that brings setback to the beginners like me, I will like us to look into this tips of mine I seen like some of the barriers that contributes not to have a quality post. I don't know if someone have outlined this tips before, but this is what I think that is beginners problem of not having / making a quality posts. For we to make a quality posts we have to consider the following.

● Sentence
● Spelling
● Research
● Environmental observations
● Arrangements

For you to make a quality post you don't have to consider all those you outline and next time before you give out a guide make sure you have tested those guide yourself and have found them to be successful before you suggest others to use it. Don't take my words wrongly I mean well for you and I understand what you're trying to do but one sure way to make sure you're delivering quality when you post is to analyze your reply to see if they're on topic and making sense that others can learn from your post and add to their knowledge depending on what the topic of discussion is about. It could be Bitcoin, altcoins or other general discussion been discussed on the forum.

Quality is subjective so there's no guarantee that if you do this or that, that you'll make making sense to the user on the opposite side of the forum with smerits but provided you're not spamming or just writing some genetic thoughts then you're contributing to the quality of the forum in a good way. We don't have all native speeders of English on the forum so provided you can understand what the user is saying,  you can merits their contributions. You don't only have to judge quality based on their writing style or queens English. This isn't a lecture room, it's a forum we should be free to discuss like we're chatting with friends.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CryptSafe

Activity: 756
Merit: 440

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 01:07:48 PM

In addition, it is not all about what you have listed OP. There are some you are missing as a newbie and I am sure just as you made mention of research here, you did not do a thorough research before writing this. Sometimes it is not about you writing a post that can make a post quality good post. There  are some post or articles out there that are of good quality with educating content which is very rich and good in information and update and one would want bring them here. Newbies are fond of that,they copy and past them here without citing or referencing their source which leads them to being banned or flagged here. So you see now why it is good to reference some post one copied from anywhere or quote the real author of the post. A typical example is here  where a newbie used an AI to generate a post here thinking it would not be noticed but was unfortunate. This is the reason why newbies are advised to take out time to study and ask question where they find difficult to understand so that they do not make mistakes here. I think you too can do same.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Mame89

Activity: 1568
Merit: 432

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 02:37:11 PM

What you said is all correct in theory. Actually this skill is easy to understand, and difficult to practice in theory. An effective way to hone this skill is to make lots of posts and always be active in discussions. The more hours you fly, then this skill will naturally form itself. Making posts is not only a matter of quality but also a way to liven up the discussion so that people who read can benefit from our posts.

Therefore we must continue to practice to develop skills in making posts. The better we can convey our thoughts and ideas to friends here, the more useful our contribution will be in this forum. Maybe this is also important for beginners, sometimes they are very excited to make quality posts but forget about the forum rules so they don't last long in this forum because they have violated forum rules such as plagiarism and spammers.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
sotelorene

Activity: 225
Merit: 15

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 09:48:10 PM

You are partially right but as a newbie, I don't think you are suppose to be talking about these because it's too early for you, rather you are suppose to be going through topics, replies, quotes etc so that you learn more about this forum.
Moreover, your sentence are not well arranged, sorry if you see this as an attack. As a newbie, you are not suppose to be in a haste to earn merit but rather try to understand how this forum works.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2023, 10:11:23 PM

What @OP stated when perfected can get one an award in literature but we are here in the forum that allows informal discussion reason why many do not care much about spelling and grammar but the thought of the post related to the topic being discussed.

what i really want us to understand in this tips is that, those things i outlined is what i known that will be the side effect of writing a quality post,

A single word can be a quality post as long as it answers the purpose of the thread.  It can even beat paragraphs of words where at the end, it does not answer or add up to the informative discussion of the thread.

But I believe there is no harm and considering the list of @OP when writing a reply, it also gives a good impression if someone meticulous in grammar and spelling is reading the thread.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀