Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "The war is over and Linux has won" - says Linux foundation CEO  (Read 1853 times)
ShadowOfHarbringer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:19:54 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 08:38:00 AM by ShadowOfHarbringer

http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/04/05/2243209/Bashing-MS-Like-Kicking-a-Puppy-Says-Jim-Zemlin
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/040511-linux-vs-microsoft.html?hpg1=bn

"Two decades after Linus Torvalds developed his famous operating system kernel, the battle between Linux and Microsoft is over and Linux has won, says Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin. With the one glaring exception of the desktop computer, Linux has outpaced Microsoft in nearly every market, including server-side computing and mobile, Zemlin claims. 'I think we just don't care that much [about Microsoft] anymore,' Zemlin said. 'They used to be our big rival, but now it's kind of like kicking a puppy.' From Android and the Amazon Kindle to embedded devices, consumer electronics and the world's largest websites and supercomputers, 'Linux has come to dominate almost every category of computing, with the exception of the desktop,' Zemlin argues as Linux approaches its 20th anniversary."

We won !

Let's now make a new goal: Making entire human civilization be run by geeks, and make the official currency Bitcoin !
Open Source won with Microsoft, so it is clear that Bitcoin can defeat FED & fiat money system Wink

The next era of human civilization will be a geek era !! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 06:35:34 AM

Cheers!  Here's a toast as a raise my glass made with open-source makerbot 3D printer containing home-brew beer as I type on my Ubuntu Desktop into an open-source Simple Machines Forum onto a server running Linux.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:46:01 AM

Cheers!  Here's a toast as a raise my glass made with open-source makerbot 3D printer containing home-brew beer as I type on my Ubuntu Desktop into an open-source Simple Machines Forum onto a server running Linux.
would you sell reprap parts for bitcoin? I want to build a Mendel or Huxley for bitcoin Wink

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 06:49:39 AM

A great example of how collaboration and cooperation overcomes profit motive based endeavors.

-Sent from an Android phone.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:18:02 AM

would you sell reprap parts for bitcoin? I want to build a Mendel or Huxley for bitcoin Wink

I've been thinking about buying one of those open-source 3D printers and starting a bitcoin=>3Dprinting service, but I think the government would think it extremely suspicious if I am shipping out a bunch of random plastic parts from my home without seeing any detectable trace of income money...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:53:03 PM

I've been thinking about buying one of those open-source 3D printers and starting a bitcoin=>3Dprinting service, but I think the government would think it extremely suspicious if I am shipping out a bunch of random plastic parts from my home without seeing any detectable trace of income money...

What makes you think that the government has the capacity to monitor your mail in such a way?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

April 07, 2011, 12:06:39 AM

How would they know ?

1.Create a coin mold out of plastic so people can create metallic tokens as physical bitcoins.

2.Fill with gold and silver jewellers wire you melt down into a liquid.

3.Sell for bitcoins.

4.Profit$$
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: