Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 is the magic number, the magic number is 4 :)  (Read 1759 times)
teflone (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:25:50 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2011, 10:20:23 PM by teflone

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Its 1 more than 3.

The end.

Basebaru = Baseball..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tril

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:55:20 AM

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Its 1 more than 3.

The end.

4 is the number of errors in the above post: because, it's, it's, and overall punctuation. Please pay 1 BTC to Tril's proofreading service, 1EoLozcKjLy6ENr59VFyNje8Ejx8dqzyp7

On the topic, I do believe you are right and the benevolent stabilizers will run out of money to keep it at 3, possibly in the next few weeks.  It's just a matter of how much money they have left.  I have a feeling exponential growth will catch up to their limited pockets soon. And don't forget dollars are very easy to come by.  I'm not sure anyone knows how many dollars were borrowed in the run up to $31 and for mining hardware and when those will be paid back.  Assumedly the technical analysis guys believe all this information is already present in the charts!
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 01:19:12 AM

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Its 1 more than 3.

The end.

4 is the number of errors in the above post: because, it's, it's, and overall punctuation. Please pay 1 BTC to Tril's proofreading service, 1EoLozcKjLy6ENr59VFyNje8Ejx8dqzyp7

On the topic, I do believe you are right and the benevolent stabilizers will run out of money to keep it at 3, possibly in the next few weeks.  It's just a matter of how much money they have left.  I have a feeling exponential growth will catch up to their limited pockets soon. And don't forget dollars are very easy to come by.  I'm not sure anyone knows how many dollars were borrowed in the run up to $31 and for mining hardware and when those will be paid back.  Assumedly the technical analysis guys believe all this information is already present in the charts!

You mean it's "it's".

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
teflone (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:14:58 AM

The speeling police strikes again!

The need to correct people is a diesease

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 02:23:39 AM

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Its 1 more than 3.

The end.

That seems bass-ackwards. If they have limited pockets, they would be buying up BTC to keep the price higher than it "should" be. A better statement would be that the "benevolent stabilizers" are going to run out of BTC to sell and thus the demand will outpace what they have to sell. Unfortunately, I think that's highly unlikely, given an extra 7200 BTC on average show up each and every day. I'd say right now we've "stabilized" at around $2.75 -- we're high now, but we'll drop below soon to make up for it again, and then we'll go high again, etc.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 08:17:15 AM

Did you really make two spelling errors and forget punctuation in so few words?   Wink
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 03:38:45 PM

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Its 1 more than 3.

The end.

Becasue..

Its twice as much as 2

Becasue..

teflone (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:14:42 PM

Did you really make two spelling errors and forget punctuation in so few words?   Wink

From one Eric to another Eric, eye really don,t see why er'one is so concerned about how my digits cant keep up with what my mind is saying..

Correcting my spelling and punctuation is something my secretary is usually in charge of..

So you guy(z) git me in my un-adulterated state! 

Continue to correct me if your bored and useless! I encourage the wasting of time! I'm just working anyways..

But, anyways..

4 is also easily divisible by 2...  and is one less than 5

BTCurious

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:45:28 PM

4 is the smallest number that's surrounded directly by 2 prime numbers.

iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:50:25 PM

And who might those be? Who exactly would gain from having bitcoins hover around $3?

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine someone benefiting from keeping the price stable. The doomsayers want bitcoin at $0, and the believers want bitcoin at $100, $1000, and even total M0 of the world /21 million.
smickles

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 05:54:28 PM

And who might those be? Who exactly would gain from having bitcoins hover around $3?

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine someone benefiting from keeping the price stable. The doomsayers want bitcoin at $0, and the believers want bitcoin at $100, $1000, and even total M0 of the world /21 million.
There's actually a project to rally people to make "benevolent stabilizer" trade bots. Lemme see if I can find the link.

smickles

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 06:10:18 PM

There's actually a project to rally people to make "benevolent stabilizer" trade bots. Lemme see if I can find the link.
eh, well, no dice on the search. I should've bookmarked it @.@

old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:11:01 PM

For it is written in the script: "Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. "

Thus, four is too high, and not the magic number. Do not try to argue with the script, for my logic is implacable, impeccable, imperceptible, implicit, inopportune and imputed.
BTCurious

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 07:04:49 PM

For it is written in the script: "Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. "

Thus, four is too high, and not the magic number. Do not try to argue with the script, for my logic is implacable, impeccable, imperceptible, implicit, inopportune and imputed.
I three what you did there…

teflone (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:22:49 PM

Meow what are you talking about ?

JohnOliver

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:38:38 PM

eh, well, no dice on the search. I should've bookmarked it @.@

Well it's obviously easy to profit if you use other people's money to stabilize the price at X. If the price is lower than X you buy and then make a thread saying "hey guys let's stabilize it to X" and profit. That's just Fraud 101. There's nothing special about the value of X and the stabilization thereof.

I was saying there's no benefit whatsoever for using your own money to stabilize the price. A minor exception would be perhaps if the price is ever close to parity all the merchants could benefit from the simpler mental arithmetics.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:49:30 PM

4 is the smallest number that's surrounded directly by 2 prime numbers.

oh oh, rather than spelling, number time:  Being pedantic, the two smallest primes are 2 and 3 so any number between them would work (for example 2.2 is a number surrounded directly by two primes, and is smaller than 4).

why couldn't we just have prices stabilise between e and pi  (lack of capitals deliberate)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: