Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram and it's misue for scammers.  (Read 296 times)
CryptoHeadlineNews

Activity: 952
Merit: 677

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2023, 08:58:11 AM

What the scammer did is:
Check image 1 and 2.
The scammer updated his bio with the same exact letters and symbol that Sinbad username has in Telegram. By default Telegram set your bio information in the same place where they display your username if you do not set up a username. The scammer discovered this little trick and utilized it with hope to scam either me or the Sinbad management.

Next time when you are receiving message then check twice. Under the username what does it say: Username or Bio?
Version used: Telegram Desktop
Telegram has always been the bedrock of scam, hack and all illegal things found to exist on the online space, but I just made a little research via telegram search while using the keyword "Sinbad" and I came across this as shown below, which I'm sure the scammer might have duplicated that same name, to chat with you thinking you are that notice to fall for such cheap scam trap, or likewise duplicating your own username @ Royse777 with same picture to chat with your clients thinking they will also fall for such cheap scam tactics.  So for me, I think it will be best if you always let all your clients to know that you only have just one telegram account, that they should either P.M you on the forum, or response to only chat from your official telegram username.. As any other ones should be regarded as scammers, because as a big campaign manager which you are on this forum, you are likely to be a target to scammers and likewise your clients too. So security all round should be your top most priority.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stafstor

Activity: 187
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2023, 08:01:55 PM

Scammers channel in Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: