Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I using the right plan?  (Read 406 times)
Chilwell

Activity: 560
Merit: 408

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2023, 07:47:15 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to let them learn the hard way. As you mentioned, he's your younger sibling, and you have more life experience. You've probably seen different scams like Ponzi schemes before and can recognize them. It's better to advise him and let him know that he could get hurt if he doesn't leave that Telegram channel. Sometimes, they ask for a withdrawal fee before you can take your money out, but we know it's a scam to take even more after you've already invested.
I get it you are implicitly saying I should tactically play the big brother role not to allow him fell the burns from the fire directly. If you check through my op you would read where I said to them that what they've invested their money in is a Ponzi scheme and could land them into loss eventually, buy that being said I didn't see them picking interest in what I said to them. Maybe a part of me really didn't want to get into an argument with them  to avoid getting to have issues with a sibling, so expediently when he learns it the hard way he may come around all by himself.
You know, what I've noticed is that many siblings can be really stubborn. Even when you try to explain that you've been through a similar situation and have experience, they won't listen. Sometimes, they think that your time has passed, and they want to make their own decisions. Or maybe it's because their close friend keeps telling them that they're on the right path, and they're in it together. They believe that if something goes wrong, they'll both face the consequences.
Not to mention that money is the toughest thing to get by, everyone will want to have it when we talk about it. Since they have seen their friends cash out and you are telling them this is a scam, telling them is the best course of action in this situation, even though I know they won't listen. I like the way you approach this problem because after they suffer the consequences, they won't know where else to turn but to come back to you for better advice, at which point you can introduce them to Bitcoin. They'll believe everything you say to them because of the error they made.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 06, 2023, 07:53:03 AM

Not to mention that money is the toughest thing to get by, everyone will want to have it when we talk about it. Since they have seen their friends cash out and you are telling them this is a scam, telling them is the best course of action in this situation, even though I know they won't listen. I like the way you approach this problem because after they suffer the consequences, they won't know where else to turn but to come back to you for better advice, at which point you can introduce them to Bitcoin. They'll believe everything you say to them because of the error they made.
....then in the end, it kinda sucks that you might get the blame for the wrong advice even though the market is too unpredictable to just give advices that would guarantee that would work.

If you're friends with Elon Musk, it might be different though. A single investment for him in Bitcoin wouldn't matter that much for obvious reasons.

This is why I tend to be silent sometimes when bringing friends into this kind of stuffs especially earning money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: