Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teaching My Nephews About Wealth Through the Game of Monopoly  (Read 596 times)
m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1299

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 03:42:30 PM

~snip
If we follow your logic, then children who played with Legos will definitely become builders, and with soldiers - great commanders? Smiley

Let's be honest, the best way to teach children anything is by example, because they learn best from what they see from their immediate family. Do you want to teach them how to become rich, manage money and assets, investing and diversification? So show this by your own example, if, of course, you have something to teach them. Before you teach someone else, it’s a good idea to learn something yourself.

Monopoly is a popular game that has been played by millions of children (more than 275 million copies of the game have been sold), but for some reason I don’t see as many millions (even more, because Monopoly is not a single player game, which means the number of children who played can be safely multiplied by 2, or even more) rich people.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mvdheuvel1983 (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 04:28:59 PM

There are no fixed rules for success, but there are fixed rules for failure, or things that if you do, your money will be lost or your investments will collapse.
Therefore, there is no fixed recipe for success and wealth. You must be creative and love what you do.
You are correct that there are no fixed rules for success and that one must be creative and love what they do but may I remind you that there are business and wealth principles that must be followed for success and wealth creation? Yes, there are...just as there are principles engineers must follow to build an airplane that will fly in the air and crash upon flight or ship to sail without sinking, so it is with wealth creation.

Like you said, there are no fixed rules but there are classic wealth rules that must obeyed. Some of which I highlighted in the post already.
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 04:51:20 PM

These are some of the financial and wealth lessons that I think that my nephews can learn from playing the game of Monopoly. I am opened to your recommendations for other types of games that can be a great alternative or addition to this game as a fun way to teach kids about wealth.
It can be a good way to introduce your Nephews to building wealth, but there are more things to teach them about wealth that just the game may not be teach. If you want to teach them about wealth, you have to become dedicated to breaking the knowledge down for them and introducing it to them in bits so they can actually learn from each lessons.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 574
Merit: 409

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 06:43:27 PM

(a) to build wealth, you need to own assets an not liabilities

(b) to build wealth,never put all your eggs in one basket. Always diversify your investment portfolio.

(c) to build wealth, you must  have proper and strong financial management strategies. Anyone who wants to be wealthy must learn how to manage their money, make the right investment and be able to pay off their debts.

Am picking this first three because alot had been said about them already despite they are very vital to always consider when treating how to make and sustain wealth in an economy, the use of Monopoly game scenario is also a good way of explaining the main logic behind this tactics, there are principles, laws, actions, activities, funds and many other things to consider as foundamental elements to make or sustain wealth and if one is truly a monopoly game player, they could understand how this really explain in a life experience situations.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 07:32:11 PM

In general, you're doing good. There's a lot of games that teach you about economy and the way business operates. One of the best are economic strategies like the "tycoon" series.
It's important that kids understand the concept of supply, demand, loan, interest and debt. They rarely teach these things at schools.

(b) to build wealth,never put all your eggs in one basket. Always diversify your investment portfolio.

I hope you don't use this as a way of teaching them about investing in the crypto space.
IMO the more you diversify in the land of crypto the more you lose.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 07:51:35 PM

to build wealth, you must  have proper and strong financial management strategies. Anyone who wants to be wealthy must learn how to manage their money, make the right investment and be able to pay off their debts.

I believe this is the core attribute in building wealth.  Without a knowledge on financial management  and strategies, a person will unable to build his wealth.  Since financial management tackles the inflow and outflow of money having knowledge on financial management can enable us to spend our money wisely and can identify unnecessary expenditures. With knowledge about financial management a person can identify proper way of budgeting his money, knows how to manage debt, and at the same time be able to do risk management.
macson

Activity: 994
Merit: 141

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 09:08:27 PM

I am thinking about teaching my nephews about wealth in a fun way through the game of Monopoly. I haven't gotten any better way to teach them about money and wealth aside this. I think so because of the lessons embedded in the game which includes,

(c) to build wealth, you must  have proper and strong financial management strategies. Anyone who wants to be wealthy must learn how to manage their money, make the right investment and be able to pay off their debts.

(d) to build wealth you should be able to think strategically. Having a long term thinking in mind will enable you to make better decisions.

(f) to build wealth, you must have a well thought out risk management strategy in place.

(g) to build wealth, you cannot overlook the role that patience plays. Wealthy people are very patient people. They know when to make a move and when to hold on. They they understand that true wealth isn't built overnight but through years of hardwork.

These are some of the financial and wealth lessons that I think that my nephews can learn from playing the game of Monopoly. I am opened to your recommendations for other types of games that can be a great alternative or addition to this game as a fun way to teach kids about wealth.
monopoly is a legendary game, i also often played Monopoly with my cousin when i was little, but at that time I only thought of it as a game, not as an education about getting rich, your goal is good to teach your nephew about wealth as early as possible, but why do you do that, let him grow on his own while you have to be the one to guide him towards it, of course in a gentle and targeted way.

You shouldn't manipulate children's minds when they are still at play age, their curiosity is great of course but what they need is guidance, not doctrine.

Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 09:20:58 PM

I am thinking about teaching my nephews about wealth in a fun way through the game of Monopoly. I haven't gotten any better way to teach them about money and wealth aside this. I think so because of the lessons embedded in the game which includes,

(d) to build wealth you should be able to think strategically. Having a long term thinking in mind will enable you to make better decisions.

(f) to build wealth, you must have a well thought out risk management strategy in place.

(g) to build wealth, you cannot overlook the role that patience plays. Wealthy people are very patient people. They know when to make a move and when to hold on. They they understand that true wealth isn't built overnight but through years of hardwork.

monopoly is a legendary game, i also often played Monopoly with my cousin when i was little, but at that time I only thought of it as a game, not as an education about getting rich, your goal is good to teach your nephew about wealth as early as possible, but why do you do that, let him grow on his own while you have to be the one to guide him towards it, of course in a gentle and targeted way.

You shouldn't manipulate children's minds when they are still at play age, their curiosity is great of course but what they need is guidance, not doctrine.

I certainly agree with it, we can motivate them and nurture them to set a good goal for their future but we should always remind them that success couldn't only be determined by wealth. It might take them to greediness when they grow up if you will not enlighten them about the reality of life. You can educate them about the ways to reach success but you also have to guide them and approach them gently appropriately to their age.
Instead of focusing on wealth, teach them the importance of hard work and passion for what they love to do. Life isn't just getting rich, there are still goals that we have to achieve other than that. Teach them to be well determined to progress while enjoying what they do at the same time.
Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 09:24:48 PM

~
I'd say just let them play the game, no need to teach them at first. Kids are all about playing and enjoying stuff after all. Give it some years though, then play it again. There's always this kind of realization or epiphany that hits people (at least I did) who play old games that they played when they were young. There's like something unexplainable as a kid that you couldn't understand that all of a sudden, makes so much sense even if you didn't exactly study for it.

I'd say it's the same for building up wealth. I doubt in the first place the ideas they'd get here would be retained when they grow up, it's too verbose for them (did I use that right?).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2023, 09:30:08 PM

The best investment for the future is knowledge and experience, even if it's in-game. You are doing very right and I am sure they will appreciate your hard work in time !
One of the main problems of the world population is complete financial illiteracy !  Only in some countries, in elementary school children are given the basics of financial management, and taught what is money in general. This allows to raise a generation for whom money will be a helper and partner, not a master.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 10, 2023, 10:59:56 PM

My cousin and I used to play that but I don't know how to play it, I think it's a good option to teach your nephews about its economy and building wealth.

Things are simpler and easier to understand when it's been taught through games like this. They will have the understanding that this is the type of the market and economy that we're having.

They will just have to enjoy the flow of the game and it's up to them to realize that the game itself has got its purpose.

gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 474

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 07:08:10 AM

~
I'd say just let them play the game, no need to teach them at first. Kids are all about playing and enjoying stuff after all. Give it some years though, then play it again. There's always this kind of realization or epiphany that hits people (at least I did) who play old games that they played when they were young. There's like something unexplainable as a kid that you couldn't understand that all of a sudden, makes so much sense even if you didn't exactly study for it.

I'd say it's the same for building up wealth. I doubt in the first place the ideas they'd get here would be retained when they grow up, it's too verbose for them (did I use that right?).

While there is nothing wrong with his instructing his nephew, it might be preferable if his nephew took the initiative to understand what he was teaching. Although we are here to listen to his nephew, he won't fully comprehend everything that is spoken to him.

Perhaps it would be best to simply familiarize them with such things; but, since we have already experienced this, and since you mentioned that his nephew's focus is primarily on enjoyment, there is no need to go into great detail. Of course, we can still comprehend them. Because of this, I fail to see how monopoly is related to what he explains. I only took notice of that in the OP's statement.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Synchronice

Activity: 840
Merit: 766

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 08:15:02 AM

I don't think it's a bad idea, the only thing is that Monopoly is a 20th century game, and logically it is centred on real estate. It would be interesting to have a similar game that simulates getting rich digitally, which is the main source of wealth in the 21st century (although real estate is still very important).

In the absence of this, Monopoly is not bad, it is a classic game and can teach them the basic principles you list, such as to acquire assets.
The fact that it's 20th century game doesn't mean that this game is outdated for 21th century. The basic rules and principles of this game matches the basics of business and it doesn't change, it's the same in 21th century. By playing this game, you learn that in order to succeed in business, you have to keep in mind that your every action carries risks and you should be ready for that, you have to keep in mind your competitors, you have to keep in mind when to negotiate, when to befriend, when to become evil, etc.

And the developers of Monopoly became millionaires because they convinced others that their game would teach children to become rich.
The Monopoly game is only a simplified investment simulator. And the fact that a child plays the game well will not guarantee a result for him if he does not master the skills of an investor, but perhaps the game will shape the child’s interest in studying finance.
And what does it mean if Monopoly developers become millionaires by creating and selling this toy? Nothing, it was just a good business that is also really interesting and beneficial for kids to my mind.
No child will become a master of investment by playing this game but it's really a good game to attract their attention and show them how the business works in life.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
fuguebtc

Activity: 1750
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 09:59:30 AM

(a) Not entirely correct, many businessman don't mind to take a loan to expand their business or taking other risky move.

(b) Not entirely correct, diversification is only appropriate if you're middle upper or upper class. Imagine you only have $1,000, do you want to diversify to gold, Bitcoin, stock and time deposit? even Bitcoin price reach to $60K, you're only earn $250 and you need to wait for 2-3 years, it's small.

I completely agree with what you say, especially about diversifying our investments. People always say diversification is necessary, but it's meaningless when we don't have large capital resources to do it. Diversification does not give us maximum profits, it only dilutes our assets and does not bring any benefit. Diversification is only right when we have a large amount of money and want to ensure safety, but with a modest amount of capital, we should focus on an asset with the most potential, that is how we can make max profit .

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 12:04:58 PM

(a) Not entirely correct, many businessman don't mind to take a loan to expand their business or taking other risky move.

(b) Not entirely correct, diversification is only appropriate if you're middle upper or upper class. Imagine you only have $1,000, do you want to diversify to gold, Bitcoin, stock and time deposit? even Bitcoin price reach to $60K, you're only earn $250 and you need to wait for 2-3 years, it's small.

I completely agree with what you say, especially about diversifying our investments. People always say diversification is necessary, but it's meaningless when we don't have large capital resources to do it. Diversification does not give us maximum profits, it only dilutes our assets and does not bring any benefit. Diversification is only right when we have a large amount of money and want to ensure safety, but with a modest amount of capital, we should focus on an asset with the most potential, that is how we can make max profit .
I agree with you. Just like in Monopoly, if you have a small amount of money in your hand it is better to buy one property and focus your investment there like building a house and collecting money from there every time a player lands on that property of yours than buying several properties but only getting little profit and risking to have a small amount of money in your hand as you play and then ultimately losing once you land on your opponents' property. Essentially, the point is if you have a small capital you have to be smart about it and let it grow first with a single investment or business before you venture out.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2023, 12:55:05 PM

the game of life is also good.

kids will like both of them.

the game of life has a very critical early choice. go into business or go to college.

you get to pick which fork in the road.

if your kids are clever they will learn that the game is skewed to picking college not business.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 01:29:50 PM

Monopoly is a great game for kids as it involves money, randomness by using dice and also unforseen events that can have severe financial implications. Having to pay taxes or renovating your hotels can lead to big problems and need to be budgeted for. Also the feature of getting mortgages on your streets is a nice tool to learn. As a kid I used to play a lot of monopoly and 2 years ago I bought my parents our local monopoly version so that they can play with all the grandkids. At a certain age it's good to teach all kids about monopoly. If you are looking for other games I know that there is a boardgame for the rich dad, poor dad series by Robert Kiyosaki. I read most of his books, he is great author about financial management. But I can't tell you if the game is as good as the books, I never played it. It was a bit expensive when I was in university and I couldn't find a used version. If you manage to get your hands on it at a reasonable price you  could play with your nephew.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 02:16:30 PM

Monopoly was a fun board game at the time and I've never heard of anyone getting rich by learning to play monopoly, and everything the OP mentioned can be done without playing monopoly. Because most of these methods are not in the monopoly game, and you can get them in lessons about investment and financial management.
But most of the game is about buying investment properties and renting them out, and there's only one lesson you can learn from this game of monopoly. If we are careful and do research to invest in real estate, you can definitely be rich or get passive income if you buy it in the right place.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171

View Profile
September 11, 2023, 04:16:49 PM

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (Monopoly game) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzau4Z_lfJY

In the end, everything goes back to the box! I like this version because life is more than just the economy and more money in the bank account. And I know we all need money, and now I have two little kids and I teach them about money and life and everything else, and... we need some balance, I am trying to find that balance and teach my kids to have it as well. Too much of anything is never good... but it's hard to realize that, even harder to teach someone else about that.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
DeathAngel
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1596

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 12, 2023, 08:14:15 AM

Teaching kids about money through the game Monopoly is a good idea. Monopoly is a fun & engaging way for children to learn budgeting, saving & making strategic financial decisions. It teaches them about the importance of managing their finances, making investments & dealing with unexpected expenses. I guess it encourages critical thinking, negotiation skills & understanding the concept of risk and reward. It’s a great tool to introduce children to real world money management in an enjoyable & educational way.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀