Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE THEY MAKING MONEY FROM FLOOD?  (Read 433 times)
Dobabe

Activity: 28
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 19, 2023, 07:19:09 PM

Flood has been the major problem affecting Nigeria especially States like Bayelsa, Kogi, flood has become a threat to our people. Concerning the cause of flood I don't know despite the fact flood is natural but if our leaders can do something meaningful concerning the flood every year to stop the flood that will be better because this flood every year takes the lifes of people, destroys properties. Sorry to say but some people just wants the flood to come because they are benefiting from the flood, when the bag of rice, bag of beans and money comes for the flood victims people will not release it rather they will sell the food and share little amount of money for the flood victims. And now nobody wants to rent a house that's flooded every where
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 19, 2023, 07:27:21 PM

Are they profiting from floods? 
What has caused the increase in disastrous floods, and can't the government do something to mitigate the issue?

Every where in the world; disasters are an avenue to make money; either from NGOs or Politicians. Why?
For every natural disaster (both avoidable ones and unavoidable ones); there are relief funds, relief foods and more to be embezzled; if you put it right into the Nigeria political context; the answers to why we have terrible drainage systems and awful Emergency system in place speaks volume.

Evidence?

If you read up about the flood that happened last year due to Cameroon opening up their Dam; you will realize that relief foods, funds etc were not distributed and citizens found out about this about 9 months later when the warehouse was discovered.

Funfact? This year, Cameroon will open their dam again and Nigeria has not yet created a water path to prevent last year flooding. Sums up how Nigeria politicians and NGOs make money easily, every year from FLOODD!!!
rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2023, 08:51:02 PM

Flood has been the major problem affecting Nigeria especially States like Bayelsa, Kogi, flood has become a threat to our people. Concerning the cause of flood I don't know despite the fact flood is natural but if our leaders can do something meaningful concerning the flood every year to stop the flood that will be better because this flood every year takes the lifes of people, destroys properties. Sorry to say but some people just wants the flood to come because they are benefiting from the flood, when the bag of rice, bag of beans and money comes for the flood victims people will not release it rather they will sell the food and share little amount of money for the flood victims. And now nobody wants to rent a house that's flooded every where
This flood matter, e get people way e dey favor well well, one day I was inside a transport vehicle going to visit a friend of mine and some passengers at the back seat saying abeg make the flood do come because nah that time I take they make my own money and its just like everyone at the bus turned to the man and said why you go they pray for that kind of thing? Abi you like as people they suffer for the flood? or you know know say some people even they die because of this flood matter? and it is true, people are also dying because of this flood. Some people do not have food to eat and no where to go to because roads are blocked and damaged.
But still some people are praying for the flood to come because of their selfish interest, and it is very bad.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Broadanbig

Activity: 448
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 19, 2023, 09:57:20 PM

My broda na naija we dey so. Anything is possible here. Men dey hustle out money from everything. I no doubt the fact say our leaders dem A.K.A Politicians dem dey milk the nation dry through the flood occurrence all in the name of natural disaster rescue funds. Billions of naira being signed out in the last flood incidence in naija here with nothing to show for. The refugee camps were nothing to write home about, people starving of hunger, the camps were not fumigated against insects,pest and reptiles invasion.  No boats for conveyance. This one is a live experience the last flood that occurred years back that almost swallowed the whole of my local government. I traveled home for  a rescue and to my greatest surprise many were stranded and there. No boats provided by the team but only few individual canoe paddling from such a distant community that would take up to 3 hours but if it is boat in less than 45mins you have arrived.

The situation was very frustrating that I almost cried for my people. Where did the funds meant for the exercise go to? till date nobody could answer.

Obari

Activity: 602
Merit: 442

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2023, 07:10:14 PM

Well this matter reach to ask plenty questions but the truth be say,  them dey make money from all this dramas and nothing anybody wan tell me because I dey talk this matter based on wetin happen  last year after the flood at bayelsa wey alot of homage and palliative even in form of cash was sent and given to the former president but I no dey call names as everybody already know the name of who I dey talk about because I come dey look inside the matter deeply, instead of sending those relief materials to persons wey need am, we go dey give person wey already over get and that alone na clear sign say them dey play serious politics with this flood matter.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
September 21, 2023, 07:34:55 AM

Are they profiting from floods? I don't understand why we face this flood issue every year. Growing up, I knew there was an annual flood, but it wasn't as disastrous as the 2012 one, which claimed many lives and properties. After that, there was the 2022 flood, and now we're hearing about another one to come this 2023. What has changed that we're experiencing floods again this year? I'm aware that a substantial amount of money is allocated to states affected by floods. I believe that influential individuals benefit from it, while only a small portion goes to the actual flood victims.

This is a serious issue because everyone now wants to move to areas where they don't experience floods. The landowners are increasing their rent in those flood-free areas. Acquiring land there is now outrageously expensive

For those of us living in these areas, you should know how troubled we all are during this period because we're all thinking about where to stay if things get worse this year. It's an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, especially considering the cost of living. Naija which way. It is well.

What has caused the increase in disastrous floods, and can't the government do something to mitigate the issue?
There are so many factors that can play a part in the reoccurring flooding and while we're not strangers to how the Govt uses every means to loot funds, we too have a role to play too by constantly dropping refuse in drainages when it's raining.
I was very confused when I heard that Cameroon wants to open up the Lagbo dam and our Govt "dutifully" informed us of the impending danger. Like, what are they doing to stop this menace. I read that this issue would have been resorted had our Govt been kind enough to procure measures to stop the water from causing havoc, but what did they do instead? " Please when you wanna release water, kindly inform us" so you'd do what? Come and play the knight in shining armor to victims of the flood by offering them little to nothing as palliative while the lot of it is stored in their warehouses?
 By now, the pattern of naija no sopoz shock Op and if say way dey to lie say flood happen when e no happen just to collect money all in the name of budgeting for the flood, them go do am.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Richbased

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2023, 07:10:35 PM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Are they profiting from floods? I don't understand why we face this flood issue every year. Growing up, I knew there was an annual flood, but it wasn't as disastrous as the 2012 one, which claimed many lives and properties. After that, there was the 2022 flood, and now we're hearing about another one to come this 2023. What has changed that we're experiencing floods again this year? I'm aware that a substantial amount of money is allocated to states affected by floods. I believe that influential individuals benefit from it, while only a small portion goes to the actual flood victims.

This is a serious issue because everyone now wants to move to areas where they don't experience floods. The landowners are increasing their rent in those flood-free areas. Acquiring land there is now outrageously expensive

For those of us living in these areas, you should know how troubled we all are during this period because we're all thinking about where to stay if things get worse this year. It's an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, especially considering the cost of living. Naija which way. It is well.

Before nkor, our government dey use dis flood dey make money every year because I know really get this every year flooding of a thing. Imagine where dem go award contract for dredging of rivers and drainages yet them go work am half way then chop the remaining balance.

And again we need to find solution to this every year flooding. I know floods can occur but the incessant flooding is becoming too much and moreover water channels have been blocked by building houses and bridges thereby blocking the link for water to move into the river.

Make them also check people wey dem dey award contracts to so that them go execute their job well and again make towns do a proper town planning so that people will not build houses on water channels.

Furthermore, make them dey also check people wey dey in charge of distributing relief materials to   instead of giving it to the affected individuals.

Gormicsta

Activity: 168
Merit: 75

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 09:47:34 AM

Poor or no drainage is one of the main cause of flooding.

Some heavy rainfall (and with some other natural disasters) can also cause flooding. The flood that submerged one third of Pakistan last year would be beyond drainage. Although some flood would have been avoid if drainages are well constructed and if people are not turning the drainages into a dumping ground.

The one that happened in Southern Nigeria last year was as a result of heavy rainfall and displace of water from dams in Nigeria and in Cameroon which caused it.

Flood is a natural disaster. Not that some people intentionally caused flooding, but in the process of preventing flooding from occuring, and also saving lives during flooding, some people are provided with jobs and they are making money.

True true, some people dey use dat means wey flood dey come dey use make money, like government fit send palliative, some people go just divide am into two, sale half, share half, and the thing go come make e no go reach everyone the way e supposed reach, dem dey always happy each time dey hear say flood dey come, dem no mind if people dey suffer or not, wetin dey just dey after na wetin dem go benefit from the flood, our government them dey try to dey assist us wen we dey for danger na just the people wey we dey under, dey make us look say our government dem no dey try, I remember during 2012 wen flood hit my community, omo people suffer like mad, dem go pack finish enter upland, government come send plenty palliative like beds, rice etc, can you imagine say some people just divide am into two, even people wey der house no dey affect with flood, talk chop pass people wey dey flood affect, omo I pity people that time o, some houses destroy but God dey and government dem fit help too in order to dey avoid complains and blame by building dams, drainage systems and also to dey inform people on time about wetin dey come so that dem fit dey prepare early to avoid loss of properties etc.
Su-asa

Activity: 266
Merit: 196

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 11:59:31 AM
Merited by Sim_card (1)

Some heavy rainfall (and with some other natural disasters) can also cause flooding. The flood that submerged one third of Pakistan last year would be beyond drainage. Although some flood would have been avoid if drainages are well constructed and if people are not turning the drainages into a dumping ground.

The one that happened in Southern Nigeria last year was as a result of heavy rainfall and displace of water from dams in Nigeria and in Cameroon which caused it.

Flood is a natural disaster. Not that some people intentionally caused flooding, but in the process of preventing flooding from occuring, and also saving lives during flooding, some people are provided with jobs and they are making money.

True true, some people dey use dat means wey flood dey come dey use make money, like government fit send palliative, some people go just divide am into two, sale half, share half, and the thing go come make e no go reach everyone the way e supposed reach, dem dey always happy each time dey hear say flood dey come, dem no mind if people dey suffer or not, wetin dey just dey after na wetin dem go benefit from the flood, our government them dey try to dey assist us wen we dey for danger na just the people wey we dey under, dey make us look say our government dem no dey try, I remember during 2012 wen flood hit my community, omo people suffer like mad, dem go pack finish enter upland, government come send plenty palliative like beds, rice etc, can you imagine say some people just divide am into two, even people wey der house no dey affect with flood, talk chop pass people wey dey flood affect, omo I pity people that time o, some houses destroy but God dey and government dem fit help too in order to dey avoid complains and blame by building dams, drainage systems and also to dey inform people on time about wetin dey come so that dem fit dey prepare early to avoid loss of properties etc.
The people that makes money from flood always pray for the flood to come, as the flood didn't come last year many of them were not happy because they know how much they would have made. But people are really suffering because of flood some people that are into farming businesses they will lose all their efforts because of the damages that will be caused by floods.
Each government always have their effects and their advantages, and a government can not satisfy everyone in the country. Life's is hard even without flood disaster now image if flood just disaster happens with the current hardship in the country, everyone would suffer unless the people who leaves on the Northern part of Nigeria.

Loveday422

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 03:49:11 PM

Flood is a natural disaster,which happens during raining season,when ever flood comes it affect our farms kills all the farm products, breakdown some houses and render many homeless, children and adults cry's for help,most the people living in the village call their brothers and sisters that stays far for help ,many will abdoned their home during flood to relocate to near by community where the flood could not get to

So due to the cry of help of the individual the government sets in to help the situation and send a releave materials must especially to those their houses has been flooded

But to our greatest surprise the local government chairmen and his subudinate,we merit everything,if they even care to to bring small of what the government will give them out of 100% releave materials you will only see 10% of it this is wickness,so they make money during flood , despite the rate at which people die , though government assist but not much,the local government bodies always worsting the case ,to crown it all during flood people make money

Especially some people who own canoe ,they make money too by convaying people products from one place to another

During flood season you will see many that have bad intentions to steal people properties and sell in a cheaper rate their by making money too.
Benedictare

Activity: 238
Merit: 54

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 07:05:31 PM

Our government is making good money from flood because foreign countries keep sending relief materials to us both in kind and cash including materials of any kind you can think of including food stuffs, yet the government will not release it ,the keep hording it for politics. Majority of things being sent as relief materials are not given to the victim, instead they take them to their various home ,the most painful aspect is that the onces that are not taken homes or shared are kept in some of the politicians warehouse that will eventually go bad . What a country,and the victims were looking for food to eat, they even have to chase them from the camps and shut them down before time leaving the victims homeless.
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2024, 11:34:02 PM

Let me start from di topic. Yes flood is the period Governors in those States make a lot of money. And big politicians make a lot of money from international and internal donations. But those who really suffered and affected by the flood received nothing but one sachet of indomie a d five cups of rice and probably one mosquito net that one is even luck. The former minister of disaster was arraign because flood funds by Tinubu government.

And weti dey cause dis flood. Climate change dat one follow I no go lie. And na dat one even di government dey take dey do their manipulation dey get their share. Then another thing wey dey cause am na di government himself because dey dey benefits, and other subgroups wey e dey involved for dis matter na Vita Foam company, exporter and importer of rice and indomie, mosquito net, and many to mention. All this Companies e dey involved for the flood disaster in Nigeria. Tinubu don declare say flood e no go come again. Lolz. Yes flood e no go come and I know di reason but na another day tok.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 418

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 12:50:42 AM

Are they profiting from floods?

As long as we dey inside naija and anything wey dey disturb the public and the only people wey fit help out na the government just know say them go take am as opportunity to collect from the poor masses, e no dy ever touch them for heart say people dey suffer, all them need na their pocket to swell,
This flood issue na something them go take time solve the problem so that when next the flood come e no go be problem for us, but you see as I place am so them no dy think of solution only to gain from our pains, so the government them dy collect well well from flood and other things we dy disturb the poor.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Zackz5000

Activity: 84
Merit: 44

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 10:50:48 AM

I will not argue with you yes poor or no drainage na one of the main cause of flooding, but the kind flood we dey see for this country don pass this one of having good drainage, the one way occur 2012 and 2022 even if we get good drainage e no fit stop the flood from not affecting us but having a good drainage will also help reduce it in some areas of the country and also dredging of our Rivers can also help to reduce this flood and most of the places way water dey use comote they don carry houses build finish and also sandfilling of swampy areas.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 165

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2024, 11:36:25 AM

I believe that a variety of techniques are required to avert tragedies like the one in Pakistan. Better infrastructure, such as drainage systems and dams, may undoubtedly help to lessen the impacts of floods, but it is also critical to have regulations in place to protect people from the aftermath of major catastrophes. For example, having emergency assistance funding and immediate action strategies in place can assist to alleviate the suffering caused by flooding. I believe that education is very important in averting calamities such as these. People who understand the hazards of living in flood-prone locations can make better judgments about where to live and how to prepare for possible catastrophes. And it's really awful to watch how some individuals end up profiting of these disasters while others are left suffering.

AVE5

Activity: 168
Merit: 39

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 01:32:40 PM

Flooding is actually one of those natural disasters that a society doesn't ever want to withness most especially those who had encountered it and had withnessed how disasterous it could really be ot lives and properties while those who thinks that's just a movie or something fun to witness wishes it knocked on their doorsteps so they could really have the experience and also have their own stories to tell.
I'm not even after the allocations as compensation to those who're victims to this trends of floods because those were peanuts served.
But I'm after the questionable reasons why our government has been unable to creat the damp that's supposed to be accumulating the water when it's the season for the flood.
Meanwhile we've been sanctioned on several occasions to build our damp so we can manage to fight and reduces the area of possessions during when the water outflows to be disasterous in a further terms but our government has been adamant and ignorant to this crisis repeatedly occuring.
Even the little countries around us here in Nigeria has built theirs and has been able to limit the volume of disasters during when this crisis occurs in their places while our government has always relied on compensating its victims and yet the conscienceless top social and political bullies would always syphone that which is meant for the affected citizens.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Briankimp1

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 01:33:00 PM

There is constant abuse of offices in Nigeria, every sector as been turned into a milk farm where officials either elected or selected know nothing about the operations of their parastatals.

Take a good look at tinubu’s government he put a lawyer in charge of aviation so amusing but equally hurtful to caring Nigerians, how many times have you heard about a fire outbreak and witnessed the fire being put out by the fire service funny sometimes they actually give excuses like we don’t have fuel or the most striking one we don’t have water so amusing yet so hurtful to the ears.

Nema created by the government to tackle flood has never been audited since their inception no one knows how much they’ve received or dished out, Every year this flood comes takes away lives, properties and also displaces people post this event.
We begin to hear a cry for donations which come from local and international communities and at the end of the day the end results remain the same no progress we go again next year.

The main reason we have constant flooding every year is because we refused to build a dam when Cameroon and other affected countries pleaded with us to now they open their dams when it’s full but we have no dam to control and manipulate these huge inflow into our water ways which causes the flooding at the end who to blame Us.
Fix the leaders you Fix Nigeria...
Kdrecords2

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2024, 06:54:59 AM

Some people help nature to great flooding in order to make money out of it by blocking the drainage with refuse, some are bad roads that needs to be reconstructed
Majority of our street roads needs dobble drainage.
Zackz5000

Activity: 84
Merit: 44

View Profile
April 06, 2024, 08:51:22 AM

Flooding is actually one of those natural disasters that a society doesn't ever want to withness most especially those who had encountered it and had withnessed how disasterous it could really be ot lives and properties while those who thinks that's just a movie or something fun to witness wishes it knocked on their doorsteps so they could really have the experience and also have their own stories to tell.
I agreed with you that flood is one of those natural disasters but I have noticed Nigeria flooding not be a natural disaster again but a man made disaster in Nigeria I remember say my papa dey tell us how them be dey witness flood but not this way dey occur almost every year na our government know how this flood we are experiencing now come about them dey allow am to come because them know watin them dey benefit from this flooding for naija.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: