Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Who Is John Galt Collection by Libertas Bella  (Read 34 times)
libertasbella (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 155
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2023, 07:00:48 AM

Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don’t.
– Ayn Rand

I first picked up a copy of Atlas Shrugged so I could destroy it at a book barbecue hosted by my local chapter of the Starbucks barista union. I wound up hanging onto it because I love video games and wanted to post a photo of the cover to r/bioshock. (I had 8.7 million karma at the time.)

I had always been told that the book is long-winded and boring by my liberal arts college professors. (They should know.) But I was already hooked after reading the first sentence: “Who is John Galt?” Perhaps this “John Galt” character would prove central to the plot later on. I resolved to find out.

But strange things started happening to me as I followed Dagny Taggart around on her adventures. I began to doubt whether the government bureaucrats’ efforts to throttle innovation and industry were really for the public good. Could such dull and dishonest people truly only be looking out for their own interests? I kept reading. I needed answers.

After I had finished what felt like 3,000 pages of John Galt’s legendary monologue, I saw everything clearly for the first time in my life. I quit my job at Starbucks, deleted my Reddit account, and dropped out of liberal arts college. I developed a new line of NFTs themed around Objectivism, made $180 million in two days, and then used that money to fund my newly discovered purpose in life: sabotaging copper mines.

Thank you, Ayn Rand!

Check out the Who Is John Galt Collection by Libertas Bella!

DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts.  "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Who is John Galt?

Activity: 322
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 15, 2023, 12:25:57 PM

I saw everything clearly for the first time in my life.

If reading one book causes such a radical change in life, it is likely that too few books have been read. And reading the next important book will turn everything upside down again.

Of course, Ayn Rand gave a lot to think about, and the book is worth reading for many. But are you sure that the main conclusion from the book should be considered “sabotaging copper mines”?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
September 15, 2023, 08:22:19 PM

... a book barbecue hosted by my local chapter of the Starbucks barista union.

Why?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: