Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Cuban's Metamask was hacked  (Read 407 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 05:28:32 PM

Don't dismiss Mark Cuban's situation as an "oh, poor billionaire" moment. This may happen to anyone. A 5 ETH hack hit him, but the ripples are bigger. Around $870,000 for 10 cryptocurrencies? This incident should wake everyone up, especially those who engage in DeFi, altcoins, etc.

Is it the Lazarus group again? Maybe. But hackers are everywhere, waiting to exploit your weaknesses. Are your private keys secure? Have you heard of two-factor authentication or hardware wallets? Educate yourself or cybercriminals will target you.

You may laugh at Mark Cuban's tragedy, but you may be the next headline. Stop treating crypto like a video game and tighten your security. Money matters and losses hurt.
That is such an important and astute observation that many people overlook unfortunately. I do agree that it is a big deal but not enough people give attention to it at all. I agree that people should be getting a lot more care with how they are securing their crypto and all of these examples are terrible for the outlook of crypto, it may make a lot of people feel like crypto is not secure at all and avoid it all together which would make going up in price a lot harder.

I believe that people should be a lot more careful with it, crypto is not dangerous, it's how you try to protect them which will matter and if you do not protect it carefully then you are going to get it stolen just like how Mark Cuban got his stolen.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 327

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2023, 10:24:55 PM

How can someone who has over $870,000 worth of crypto across his metamask wallet be moved by a promise of eth, which will be around $8k +? This one is really on him, and he should not blame anyone for his mistake. Who knows, this could just be some cheap hackers who don't even know the amount he had in their wallet before they made their hacking attempts, because if they had known, I believe they could have used a higher amount in order to lure him in to the scam.

Just the fifth, which made him lose access to a fortune, well, I don't even think this will hurt him that much.
Well that's what greed can do to a man because if his greed hadn't played on him then like you said 5 Eth is too small for someone who own that amount of fortune and believe me bro when I tell this particular thing can happen to anyone because we all got that human greedy nature in us but for some it's actually lying sleepy till something triggers it because I have seen and heard of so many cheap scam in which if you hear the whole base of it you can begin to get angry but still yet people actually still fall for these cheap scams.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 02:48:05 AM

In any case, I am still very skeptical on this hack. Mark Cuban is not a newbie in the cryptospace.
I am also having doubts about the hack. He's a billionaire and he knows his thing. He's not been around to the cryptospace as if he's really a newbie.

No he's not.

But if this case is for real, then this just means that even the most experienced and rich people do really commit a mistake, an expensive mistake to say.

The skeptical me is thinking that Mark Cuban might have wanted to launder the coins in the wallet, however, the wallet is publicly known as his wallet. The only move he can make is have his wallet drained to zero, claim it was hacked and mix those coins where they cannot be detected anymore. He can presently buy new tokens and NFTs without public knowledge. It is also the best time to speculate on some undervalued NFTs again that could be bluechips on the next bull market.
Possible.

Didn't he gave any words about this since he's been in the headlines and news. He probably forgotten that eyes of everyone are all on these famous people like him and their wallets.

He can say any words to declare that he was hacked, however, my skeptical side would not trust it. We are in a bear market where there are undervalued tokens and NFTs. These big names would certainly not want everyone to know where their money is going or anything he buys will pumped and he might not buy at a good price hehehehe.

In any case, what are the other wallets with famous owners. The owners might follow Mark Cuban's tactic and might be hacked also hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 03:43:44 PM

-This news reminds us once again that even if you are tech-savvy, you should be very careful when using crypto wallets.

My point exactly, some people talking so confident and acting all tough forgetting no one is above making a mistake, even the slightest of it can get you in trouble. Can't be be too careful as long as you are human and most importantly being on the Internet.
Whether it was an accident,  or done on purpose for cheap publicity, the fact remains this can be someone else story. Some type of hacks can leave you speechless and in total dismay.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
riantolie

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2023, 04:58:23 AM

-This news reminds us once again that even if you are tech-savvy, you should be very careful when using crypto wallets.

My point exactly, some people talking so confident and acting all tough forgetting no one is above making a mistake, even the slightest of it can get you in trouble. Can't be be too careful as long as you are human and most importantly being on the Internet.
Whether it was an accident,  or done on purpose for cheap publicity, the fact remains this can be someone else story. Some type of hacks can leave you speechless and in total dismay.

I'm sure there are dozens of stories like this, just with smaller numbers, and people who are not popular. I don't think that's too funny, but defending him is pointless too. He's a rich guy who won't be affected by this much. We should learn this lesson if we haven't done that before.
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 29, 2023, 07:12:34 AM

Of all millions of people involved with the expanding and exciting cryptocurrency industry, we are always assuming that Mark is one who is already well-versed with the safety measures that one should undertake when one is in this industry. I am expecting that Mark Cuban should open up all the details surrounding his Metamask wallet hack so that we can be forewarned and can be learning many things with the end-view of us avoiding the same trap and for Metamask to implement a more secured and safe platform. This is actually sad news because imagine Mark Cuban is not a neophyte with this whole thing and he has an advanced knowledge on many things related to cryptocurrency safety and security. It is getting unfortunate that this kind of story is going to be so "normal" in the coming years...a very sad situation for the victims really.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: