Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum help needed.  (Read 29 times)
Bureau (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 12:03:43 PM

This is a noob question! I downloaded the wallet on my Mac Book today, installed and then created a new wallet. While creating I saw that it showed me, Wallet = default_wallet. I did not understand earlier but later on I realized it meant wallet name. Now, that I have created a wallet, I would like to change this name. My question is how to do it? I do not see any option within the wallet that allows me to do it. I thought of changing the file extension but I concluded that it might corrupt the file.

What can I do now? Should I create a new wallet or can I still change the name?

Thanks.   

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 12:08:29 PM

Not sure where the wallet files are exactly located in MAC, but I would imagine it should work if you just change the file's name from default_wallet to whatever you want. There is no need to add or edit any extension.

EDIT:

On Mac:

Open Finder

Go to folder (shift+cmd+G) and type ~/.electrum

You should find a wallet folder here which contains the wallet files. If you're scared you might corrupt the file (although I don't see how), just make sure your seedphrase is safe, or take a backup of your wallet first.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bureau (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 12:31:42 PM

Not sure where the wallet files are exactly located in MAC, but I would imagine it should work if you just change the file's name from default_wallet to whatever you want. There is no need to add or edit any extension.

EDIT:

On Mac:

Open Finder

Go to folder (shift+cmd+G) and type ~/.electrum

You should find a wallet folder here which contains the wallet files. If you're scared you might corrupt the file (although I don't see how), just make sure your seedphrase is safe, or take a backup of your wallet first.

I followed what you quoted and it worked. The wallet name is now changed. Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: