Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wine & Blockchain  (Read 28 times)
Philw (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2023, 08:26:31 AM

Since we're in the off-topic section and I know many of us are enthusiasts of blockchain, I wanted to highlight a subject I recently encountered.
Some of you might be acquainted with the concept of alternative investments, particularly wine investment. I've been exploring this area and have come across "wine investment managers." These platforms allow you to buy and sell wines, and eventually, make a profit. These transactions are purportedly managed by the companies themselves. What piqued my interest was an announcement by a company called Vinesia. They've mentioned their plans to incorporate blockchain into their system for enhanced transparency. This would enable customers to verify their stored wine bottles and access comprehensive data, including the history of ownership. Here's a link if you'd like to explore further: www.vinesia.com

My question to you all: Do you believe this is feasible, or is it merely another tech hype designed to lure and differentiate?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: