Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 12:21:29 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitoring of hash rate over short time periods  (Read 1220 times)
mackminer

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:36:13 AM

Hi
I'm running cgminer with quite a few gpus. I want to tweak and monitor performance of each gpu at a time so I can fine tune them. Cgminer just offers average has hashrate for all. (6 gpus per client)

Can I do this or is there another way I shud go about it? The average per gpu jumps around too much for my liking.

Thank you.

1tpXGRKnzaM42B1A1NZhmsX3tngwkqVEf
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
P4man

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 10:51:52 AM

You sure? Highlighted numbers are average per card AFAIK:

mackminer

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:02:28 AM

Yes but mine is constantly jumping around with very large variability . Is yours more stable?  Upon further research I see a post where someone has mentioned switching to overclock makes the average more stable (6990) - ill test that out tho I wud prefer to keep it at 375W so I can predict electricity usage. In the meantime the average rate per gpu jumps around so much its ikpossible to gauge whether ur getting a small increase in hashing power.

1tpXGRKnzaM42B1A1NZhmsX3tngwkqVEf
P4man

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:38:16 AM

The left figure (458.0) fluctuates a bit, I think its a 5s average; the right one that I highlighted (456.6), doesnt change at all (after running for a while). I think that is the average since starting the app?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.