Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It may be a silly question  (Read 279 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 25, 2023, 08:48:39 AM

I hope the deal is sealed though and OP understands what needs to be done in other situations rather than creating threads for just a single line question.
Often, the problem with this type of thread is that OPs ask these obviously needless questions but immediately disappear from the scene, making one think that they're not after answers to the questions they ask. I said OP's question was "obviously needless" because OP shouldn't be asking a question like that, having been registered on this forum in 2018. I bet not many who responded here knew OP isn't a noob account. This account was here the same year the merit thing was introduced in this forum.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2023, 06:35:22 AM

Dear members,

If I send sMerit to someone if I noticed some deserving post, then it will be deducted from my merit balance?
Merit once added to your account will never be removed from your account. sMerit can only be given to other users if you like other users' posts. sMerit disbursement will not deduct any merit from your account. 
Earn 2 merit=1sMerit
That is, if you earn two merits, then 1 sMerit will be added to your account.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Jessie2121

Activity: 137
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 05:06:01 PM

Dear members,

If I send sMerit to someone if I noticed some deserving post, then it will be deducted from my merit balance?

OP this your question is not straight to me, but from what have read about merit, if you send any amount of merit to any member with a deserving post, the merit you send won't be deducted from your main merit but it will be deducted from your Smerits. Smerit which simply means sendible merit. Like you know, you have the right to use your Smerit the way you feel like.
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 07:30:19 PM

I hope the deal is sealed though and OP understands what needs to be done in other situations rather than creating threads for just a single line question.
Often, the problem with this type of thread is that OPs ask these obviously needless questions but immediately disappear from the scene, making one think that they're not after answers to the questions they ask. I said OP's question was "obviously needless" because OP shouldn't be asking a question like that, having been registered on this forum in 2018. I bet not many who responded here knew OP isn't a noob account. This account was here the same year the merit thing was introduced in this forum.

Perhaps the OP thinks that asking this type of question will show his interest in the forum, and some generous members will pour some merit into it. I saw recently that Meta has been flooded with new topics asked by newbies or accounts below member rank. Why suddenly do the demands for merit spike up with lots of newbie accounts creating silly topics in meta and bitcoin boards?

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1228

View Profile
September 26, 2023, 09:46:34 PM

-snip-

Perhaps the OP thinks that asking this type of question will show his interest in the forum, and some generous members will pour some merit into it. I saw recently that Meta has been flooded with new topics asked by newbies or accounts below member rank. Why suddenly do the demands for merit spike up with lots of newbie accounts creating silly topics in meta and bitcoin boards?
If you really think this is an error or perhaps of zero value - then report it to the moderators instead of replying. I'm not sure the OP doesn't know exactly how the merit system works when referring to his signup date - but something could still be considered true especially if the account has changed hands to another newbie.

It is very possible for a beginner who is still learning not to know how the merit system works - but conversely, some users may feign ignorance just to attract attention. It's all about possibility - not an accusation, but honestly this isn't a really necessary thread.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██