Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repaired s17Pro hashboard - eeprom error  (Read 112 times)
kungen12321 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2023, 09:34:47 PM

Hi!

I repaired a s17Pro hashboard but now I get this error message in the kernel log.

"autodetection failed, no hashboard eeproms`s have been parsed"

Failed to detect miner type from eeproms"

Error: cannot detect mining hardware

I have the universal black antminer test fixture. I have tried to add another eeprom file from another s17Pro board with my code editor. But no progress.

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

/Magnus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2023, 11:00:37 PM

The error might be an incompatibility issue since you said the EEPROM you flashed came from another unit am I right?

It won't work you need an EEPROM that came from another dashboard but on the same unit.

The hashboard must be synced if the serial numbers are different the control board won't recognize it.

There is a way to bypass this if you don't have Eeprom backup on that unit.
To bypass this you need to boot this unit with Braiins OS.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kungen12321 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2023, 10:48:57 AM

The error might be an incompatibility issue since you said the EEPROM you flashed came from another unit am I right?

It won't work you need an EEPROM that came from another dashboard but on the same unit.

The hashboard must be synced if the serial numbers are different the control board won't recognize it.

There is a way to bypass this if you don't have Eeprom backup on that unit.
To bypass this you need to boot this unit with Braiins OS.

I will explain from the start. I have started to repair my own hashingboards. After many hours of testing and learning, I start to see some results.

I now have 3 s17PRO hashboards that find all the chips. I use the chinese universal antminer test fixture. You have different files on sd card`s that you need to put in the test fixture depending on the hashboard model.

I use Braiins and have put in one card at the time in the miner to see if the card works.

But with all repaired boards I get this eeprom message in the kernel log.

I read something that the test fixture overwrite the eeprom or maybe it was the pic file on the board, and you need to restore it again after repaired the board.

Is that right. I have pickit 3.5 and the antminer code editor. What do I need to do so the miner recognize and start to hash with the repaired boards.

For example, I see that I dont know the different between the eeprom and pic file.

Thanks in advance!

/Magnus

kungen12321 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2023, 04:50:57 AM

Maybe somebody have a clue?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2023, 05:09:17 PM

For example, I see that I dont know the different between the eeprom and pic file.

They are different according to the Zeusbtc below the hashboard has a PIC chip and EEPROM chip so maybe yes you need to restore a pic file but the problem is do you have a working pic file? ZeusBTC is selling pic files in a package, not by piece.
However, I don't think the issue is the pic firmware the error is pointing to EEPROM so maybe the file you read from another hashboard might also have corrupted EEPROM you need to find a known working hashboard to read the EEPROM and flash it to these hashboard.

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/articles/asic-miner-troubleshooting/3591-how-many-types-of-chips-are-on-the-antminer-s17-pro-hash-board

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kungen12321 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2023, 09:38:26 PM

They are different according to the Zeusbtc below the hashboard has a PIC chip and EEPROM chip so maybe yes you need to restore a pic file but the problem is do you have a working pic file? ZeusBTC is selling pic files in a package, not by piece.
However, I don't think the issue is the pic firmware the error is pointing to EEPROM so maybe the file you read from another hashboard might also have corrupted EEPROM you need to find a known working hashboard to read the EEPROM and flash it to these hashboard.

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/articles/asic-miner-troubleshooting/3591-how-many-types-of-chips-are-on-the-antminer-s17-pro-hash-board

Thanks, that helped alot!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: