Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some common scam which you might already be familiar with  (Read 92 times)
Orpichukwu (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 12:12:33 AM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (5)

There are three types of scams, which I'm going to share here today. There is no point in creating three different threads for each of them, as I will try to make it brief.

1. Scammers targeting Opay, PalmPay, and other microfinance banks: There have been rumours (or they can't consider them to be rumours again since I have had no experience with them) that someone who might claim to be a customer support representative or agent from any of the microfinance banks will talk with you politely with most of your details, which they already have on their table. How they get someone's number is not hard at all considering the fact that most of these online payments use personal numbers as their account numbers. They will talk about some form of promotional offer that they want to help you activate in your account in order to be eligible. To cut the story short, they will send you a withdrawal code to your number, and if you communicate it to them, your funds are gone. How they go about this, I don't know.

2. Fake calls from scammers: The scammer will call their victim, pretending to be a close friend to their relative, whom they will claim to either have an accident or something terrible happened to the person, for which they have to rush the said person to the hospital or police station. How they will call your name and the name of your relative is what surprises me, and at that very moment, the number of your relative or those who might happen to be close to them appears to usually be unavailable, so there is no way to confirm the authenticity of the information, and a sum will be demanded, which they will claim is to be used for hospital bills. But they are just scams. They have called me, which I almost fell victim to, but lucky enough, someone who has had such experience was close to me and explained everything in detail, which I later called my relative to clear my doubt, and she was safe and sound. Most people who are unaware have fallen victim to such scams.

3. This part is what I believe most people have known in his forum: it was added to a WhatsApp group this evening from an unknown number, which I have reported and blocked, and they claim to be investment people whom they have been dropping some fake testimonies and all of that trying to deceive people to invest with them, which I find very funny with the kind of testimony that they drop from different WhatsApp users that appear to be controlled by one person. Any where I come across we are 100% real I always run for my life, this is purely scam and most people might likely fall victim of it.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 01:59:28 PM
Merited by Broadanbig (1)

There are three types of scams, which I'm going to share here today. There is no point in creating three different threads for each of them, as I will try to make it brief.

Tips: When you mention this scams like dis, e for make sense if you give some tips and guidance on how we fit use dey prevent them. Also no think say everybody know every scam wey dey so, some fit popular but many of us no sabi dem and some of this scams dey come in different way but na still d same thing (but different format) so as you dey see the format make una dey share am and no dey assume say we sabi am.

For the Whatsapp own, make we no dey believe everything wey we see online. We supposed know say we dey country wey everybody dey try find their belle and sometimes dey no care weda wetin dem dey do dey call am hustle they hurts others, they're only after making themselves comfortable. I no just understand why people never realized say security measures dey to protect your WhatsApp number from been added to random groups by people wey you no sabi. Do this;
  • Login your WhatsApp
  • Navigate yourself go settings
  • Navigate yourself go privacy, group.
  • Look through the options and select your preference (only your contact to add you to groups

When you do am like this, only your contact fit dey add you and random users no fit add you to groups. Preventing this guys from adding us to random groups go well because scammers dey for those groups and dem fit get your contact come your DM.

The rest has been discussed and if na you fall mugu na you do yourself because why person go call you say him from your bank and in this 21st century you go believe am. Dem no even use all those bank special code call you and you still dey believe them, this one no mean say if dem use special code make you believe oh. Bank no dey ask for sensitive details on phone, take note.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Broadanbig

Activity: 448
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 02:49:54 PM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

This is well articulatedate mate. In as much as we dey try to hustle make we dey alert and watchful so that these scammers no go use person shine for their hustle because e no go make sense say person go hustle finish for survival then some scammers go dey one side come collect wetin person don hustle for.

I have had the experience too. On several occasions I have received calls from them claiming to be from my bank requesting to send them a code I received earlier before I received their call but me knowing what they are upto would instantly tell dem to send me credit card so I could forward them the code as I don't have credit and my phone is low so I can not be talking while my phone is on charge and it would be better I forward the code to them at once. Dem go run and not bother calling again. Likewise the last topic I created too that was a text message sent to me, a link  to click so they could hack me and steal from me.

This issue of WhatsApp security as our oga CryptopreneurBrainboss don talk Na wetin everybody supposed do. I don get that experience wey I go just begin dey get notifications only for me to check Na what's app group wey I no know who add me into and na so dem dey take start to scam people there. Every body need dey vigilant because Christmas don dey reach o. Scammers don begin look for ways to load their account for people head so as to survive and shine this Christmas. I no want anybody to fall victim of them being the fact that you have seen this thread and you've known what is obtainable.

Protect Your assets, protect your gadgets and also protect yourself from these scammers this period. Stay safe.

Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 190

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 06:06:58 PM

This is similarly thead>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5466648.msg62838558#msg62838558

Quote from: odunybiz
Let's share our most painful scam here for others to learn and to avoid people from from falling into such scam. Below is my most painful scam:

some years ago, someone send me a long message that carry some fake seeds phrase on social media that he is the founder of BTC and he just felt like helping me to grow financially in my country so that I will make BTC more popular in the land, if only I will not expose him as the Satoshi and he has helped many people in one of the developed countries, and if I'm ready he will help but I have a task to pay. But the moment I told him that am from Nigeria and we use our local tools to kill scammers, and immediately he blocked me because he knew that I discovered his strategies, because the real Satoshi will never come out at this time that everything about BTC is going well.well, we will continue talking about scammers until we all know the way they operate in the community.

No matter how we talk or preach about scammer, the public Will always fall victim. Just like nwada001 said that those people be like who get PhD for psychology because Dem dey always know how to enter people. When them know say the update Don cast Dem change format. when MMM come people fall victim. And after MMM many other related scam come out and people also fall victim up till date. Those guys the dey take advantage of the hardship of the economy. Because people dey find possible way out of the hardship of the country naim make them dey fall victim. If you discover there way, what about the domb ones wey no go ever get sense?

And moreover scam of this days dey Cary jaz. Dem go remotely control you ontil you don fall victim before your eyes go clear. The perten dey broad beyond your imagination. Them dey come as follows:
1) house and land agents.
2) Custom agent.
3) fake  Visa agents
4) fake prophet
5) fake car dealers
6) fake advert
7) invest 40k and get 80k in 45 munits
8 ) get paid by doing nothing
9) pos hacking
10) fake sport subscription and registration
11) fake business name registration
12 fake navy, air Force army and Police form
13) online recruitment for working in Canada Etc.

there are many of them out there but this are the ones I can figure out for now.

I was once a victim of number (6) fake advert. Phone of 80k was given an offer for 35k discount of about 55%. And I was so happy that the phone I was creaving for is now on my door step. I chatted with the admin he said yes that the phone is ready. Dey made me believe that it was delivery before payment for me to see them as trusted machants. After a week I still chatted. They told me that it's still available but I will have to pay part of the money that people who ordered for phone disappointed Dem, so dey don't want to be wasting tp. So I said ok I bergain price with them 10k which I sent. Dey received the money and later sent me a message that my goods is packed and ready for delivery that I should expect it before some hours later and sent me the number of their agent that is bringing it. after some hours later, the agent called me that he was detained by some cleaning agent. That I should send the remaining one to discharge the case otherwise the money will not be refunded and phone will neither come to me.  Hmmmm at this point I knew something was fishy. I call and call at that point I just knew I was scammed. Emagine those fools sending me Bible quotation that will make me finish what I started.. e no easy oooo.

This was my reply on the thread. Just want to shear my expirience on scammers and the ways they Operate and how to avoid them. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5466648.msg62843266#msg62843266

Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 160

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 04:33:12 AM

Plenty scam wey I don come across plenty like that one wey dem dey say, invest 10k to get 100k in less than 24hrs, and some people dem fall for them o, this only no be only online o, dem do am face to face now, like that one wey dey call MMM, this one don really pack people money run o, and dey make look so real wey make people believe say na real, even some go tell u say dem be actors and say u be der top fan, say mk u list at least 5 movies wey dem don act and once u list am, dey go say u don win some items like television, iPhone, fridge etc but before u go carry am anything say u go pay money to come carry am or make they waybil for good, like dat dey chop ur money, and me I don fall for this kind scam. So na mk if I know the root of something I no dey involve myself even if dem dey give million I no join.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: