Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:02:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOXING]Adrien Broner vs Chris Howard (Welterweight) Nov 4. .  (Read 300 times)
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 01:00:17 AM

For the latest update on this fight

Adrien Broner withdraws from December 2nd return with hand injury

The funny thing is Broner wants to come back in February with a title shot when he only fought twice in five years

“The hell with tune-up fights,” said Broner. I’m ready to take on any of the champions in the 140- and 147-pound division. I’m ready to fight the big guys. Everything they think I don’t have, I still got. I’m ready to fight Ryan Garcia or, Rolando Romero or the winner of the Regis Prograis—Devin Haney fight.”

Broner is insane to think that he deserves to have a title shot, promoters want fighters who can attract PPV and gate sales and Broner unfortunately does not have it anymore unless he beats top names in the division then people will take him seriously.

I do agree, no top boxers or at least the regular champion will give him a chance to fight for their belt. He is low risk low reward right now. We have Haney, Lopez, Prograis, Ryan Garcia and others that are in the top of their game.

He might do good against Rolly Romero, two loud mouth boxers, but the same though, even if Romero wins, he will be criticized for fighting a wash up boxer.

Maybe what Broner can do is just fight any fighters not name those mentioned above, not for the belt but just for the paycheck as we all know that he is already in the sunset of his career and just be fighting to make as much money as he can before he can retire.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Japinat (OP)

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 05:02:22 AM

For the latest update on this fight

Adrien Broner withdraws from December 2nd return with hand injury

The funny thing is Broner wants to come back in February with a title shot when he only fought twice in five years

“The hell with tune-up fights,” said Broner. I’m ready to take on any of the champions in the 140- and 147-pound division. I’m ready to fight the big guys. Everything they think I don’t have, I still got. I’m ready to fight Ryan Garcia or, Rolando Romero or the winner of the Regis Prograis—Devin Haney fight.”

Broner is insane to think that he deserves to have a title shot, promoters want fighters who can attract PPV and gate sales and Broner unfortunately does not have it anymore unless he beats top names in the division then people will take him seriously.

I do agree, no top boxers or at least the regular champion will give him a chance to fight for their belt. He is low risk low reward right now. We have Haney, Lopez, Prograis, Ryan Garcia and others that are in the top of their game.

He might do good against Rolly Romero, two loud mouth boxers, but the same though, even if Romero wins, he will be criticized for fighting a wash up boxer.

Maybe what Broner can do is just fight any fighters not name those mentioned above, not for the belt but just for the paycheck as we all know that he is already in the sunset of his career and just be fighting to make as much money as he can before he can retire.

So, it seems the reported injury might just be a convenient excuse because he doesn't find the fight appealing or has had a change of heart. What's going on with him, asking for a championship fight when he's at the bottom of the standings? It's like he's lost touch with reality or forgotten his current rank.

I get that he's into big fights, but he doesn't get to dictate how matchups are created. If he can't adhere to the rules of professional boxing regarding fights, maybe he should consider retiring and going for exhibition fights. With his skills in trashatalking, he's sure to draw a massive audience, and it could be a way to stay in the limelight even not in the professional sports of boxing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 12:41:02 PM

So, it seems the reported injury might just be a convenient excuse because he doesn't find the fight appealing or has had a change of heart. What's going on with him, asking for a championship fight when he's at the bottom of the standings? It's like he's lost touch with reality or forgotten his current rank.

I get that he's into big fights, but he doesn't get to dictate how matchups are created. If he can't adhere to the rules of professional boxing regarding fights, maybe he should consider retiring and going for exhibition fights. With his skills in trashatalking, he's sure to draw a massive audience, and it could be a way to stay in the limelight even not in the professional sports of boxing.

Broner thinks that he can just demand a title shot at this point of his career, he has fought nobody after he lost to Manny Pacquiao, his career is clearly sliding and he is cherry-picking fights because he knows he cannot keep up with the top boxers in this generation, the trust is he is asking for the title because he just wants to make money before he exits in boxing and of course unless he did not get knock out he will still insist that he won the fight.
This is the kind of boxer who stays too long in boxing and cannot admit that his glory days are over, and with Broner's lifestyle he just wants more money, he is like Mayweather, a big spender who wants to flaunt his money.
I think it's better for this thread to be locked because the fight will not happen.

Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 12:56:03 PM

Broner thinks that he can just demand a title shot at this point of his career, he has fought nobody after he lost to Manny Pacquiao, his career is clearly sliding and he is cherry-picking fights because he knows he cannot keep up with the top boxers in this generation, the trust is he is asking for the title because he just wants to make money before he exits in boxing and of course unless he did not get knock out he will still insist that he won the fight.
This is the kind of boxer who stays too long in boxing and cannot admit that his glory days are over, and with Broner's lifestyle he just wants more money, he is like Mayweather, a big spender who wants to flaunt his money.
I think it's better for this thread to be locked because the fight will not happen.

Pacman really did big damage to his career but I think the real struggle does not start on that particular fight, it started when he got too cocky against Maidana and the latter schooled him. He was even lucky to fight Pacman, but his performance does replicate the way he talk as he thought he had won the game when he was only throwing few punches and not hiiting clean shots on Pacman.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 01:34:30 PM

It seems like this fight might not happen due to excuses from Broner's side. His statement appears somewhat unreliable since his camp reported an injury, but he was also talking about making a comeback with a championship fight. This has definitely left fans who were eagerly anticipating the fight confused.

It's the second announcement about the postponement of the fight, considering that the original fight date was supposed to be on November 4, as mentioned in the thread.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Japinat (OP)

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 02:13:06 PM
Merited by Hypnosis00 (1)

Yeah, but unfortunately he doesn't have the skills and talent of Mayweather, so he would likely end up bankrupt because he wasn't able to manage his finances effectively. And I believe he had some lawsuits that probably requires more money for him to stay free for now. So we can see how desperate he is to have a big fight for a bigger payday.

With the latest development, I think it's the right thing to do.

Thank you everyone for participating in the discussion. Thread is closed now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████