Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TOR won't connect  (Read 52 times)
goxcraft (OP)

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 08:26:36 AM

Anyone faced this error when connecting to TOR?

Component returned failure code: 0x804b000d (NS_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) [nsIScriptableInputStream.available]

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, I got this error and was unable to connect. I tried a new identity, changed bridges, and googled the problem; nothing useful so far. Nothing seems to work. I tried TOR from my smartphone, and it works. Anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes it's so frustrating to use TOR.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joeyp

Activity: 112
Merit: 37

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 01:38:47 PM

Uninstall TOR browser https://tb-manual.torproject.org/uninstalling/ and then download new one, and try again.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3167

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2023, 01:53:11 PM

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, I got this error and was unable to connect. I tried a new identity, changed bridges, and googled the problem; nothing useful so far. Nothing seems to work. I tried TOR from my smartphone, and it works. Anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes it's so frustrating to use TOR.

I assume you are using Windows. This is because of the last Windows update, many applications are recognized as malware by Microsoft Defender. It is necessary to manually restore quarantined files in MS Defender Antivirus.

Check here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/restore-quarantined-files-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwide

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
goxcraft (OP)

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 02:08:17 PM

I assume you are using Windows. This is because of the last Windows update, many applications are recognized as malware by Microsoft Defender. It is necessary to manually restore quarantined files in MS Defender Antivirus.

Check here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/restore-quarantined-files-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwide
Yeah, I realized that after digging some more from google. It's a Windows side problem. Specifically speaking, the latest Windows 11. Uninstalling and Installing isn't fixing the issue for me. I haven't tried the defender part, let's see if it works.

One thing I couldn't understand, previously everything was fine even with the latest win 11. Now it just won't connect. Weird. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: