Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Simple Yet Powerful Message That Will Always Hold True  (Read 717 times)
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2023, 12:13:51 PM

The Image is shouting to say it's just greed and an Immature investment strategy, The person who is following this line is only messing with himself.

Such sort of mindset cant be found in the Bitcoiners, mostly shitcoin hunters stick to it, as they lose most of the time, they always consider this market as their lottery tick and they love to gamble. Bitcoiners are not gamblers they are wise ones and they're the only visionary people here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 05, 2023, 02:36:26 PM
Merited by EarnOnVictor (1)

"Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
If we talk about the most reliable coins in crypto currency, the name of Bitcoin will come first. Bitcoin is a coin that can be trusted a lot. Coins that have enough reliability and since Bitcoin is easily trusted, we can't think of anything other than buying Bitcoin and holding it for a long time. I think after investing in Bitcoin we don't need to worry about our investment but we need to worry about whether we have stored our wallet keys safely. Since our plan is to buy bitcoins and hold them for a long time, it is very important to keep our wallet keys safe because if we do not keep the wallet keys safe, we may lose access to our wallet after a long time.  

When we invest in other coins in the market, we not only worry about saving the wallet keys but also always have a worry in our mind that maybe our money is lost or if we invest in other coins, we might not get that money back. While there are similar concerns with other coins, there is no such concern with Bitcoin. Investing in bitcoins with only a small amount of money risk will definitely give an investor a lot of good.

We should invest only according to our ability and maintain that investment consistency and if an investor builds his investment portfolio above 90% of his investment should be in Bitcoin then in my view an ideal investment.

How much to allocate to bitcoin can surely be a confusing framework.  I agree that if we are talking about bitcoin versus shitcoins (or altcoins), then bitcoin should likely be composed on at least 90% of that, absent some kind of a justification to be fucking around with some other investments in the "cypto" space.

Now if we are looking at bitcoin versus traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds, property, commodities and cash(or cash equivalents), then if we are starting out our investment into bitcoin, and we already have those other asset classes in our investment portfolio, then we may well consider anything between 1% and 25% allocated to bitcoin as a starting proposition, and surely there could be reasons to invest outside of that range as well as long as the investor is studying why s/he might want to allocate more or less than the range.. but even 1% is seeming like a pretty small amount, so it would seem quite short-sighted for anyone to be choosing to invest less than 1% into bitcoin.

Another category of person is the absolute brand new investor, and questions whether to diversify or not.  I personally believe that it is not necessary to diversify until maybe reaching a certain percentage of your annual income... so if someone is investing 10% of his/her annual income, then it is going to take 10 years to have had invested 1 years worth of income, so in that kind of a case, probably there would not be any need to diversify beyond bitcoin and cash in less than 3 years time... but surely each person has to consider these kinds of matters in terms of how long is his/her investment timeline and what are the goals that s/he is wanting to achieve.. so frequently in traditional investments, it can take 30-40 years or more to build up enough investments to be able to retire, and if any of us were able to cut those numbers in half with bitcoin, then I would imagine that any of us should be happy with those kinds of results, but it still takes prudence, reasonableness, and consistency when it comes to ongoingly investing into something like bitcoin (and considering how much to potentially diversify along the way into other assets - and not talking about diversifying into shitcoins, unless it would be something like what Litzki1990 mentioned as less than 10% of the size of the bitcoin holdings.

Another related concept is how to treat your bitcoin portfolio if it may well end up appreciating faster than other assets that are in the investment portfolio, and I am personally of the concept to mostly let the bitcoin investment ride, but surely if you ONLY have bitcoin, then it may well be nice to make sure that you have some other investments that might fit into the stocks, bonds, property, commodities and cash categories.. .. and surely those kinds of decisions can vary quite a bit, but they could become real as someone accumulates bitcoin for a while and then starts to see that bitcoin is outperforming other assets, so then there could be some questions regarding how to deal with such outperformance and the extent to which some diversification might be needed (and again, I am not talking about getting into shitcoins, unless it is truly limited to small amounts)..

The message to newbies has always been the same since the beginning of time. From bitcoin creation to the very time altcoin started to pop up, till the era of NFTs, airdrops and other silly nonsense that shows up to deceive the naive ones. This is the simple message being reiterated -  "Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
Yes, that's indeed the exact truth Bitcoin has and still telling newbies today, but due to lack of patience and ignorance people still falling victim to such scams as portrayed in the image above. Hence, this should be a guide to every newbie of how good/important it is to "Doing Your Own Research" because if only had they done the proper research before investing, I'm sure they would have taken the right decision by investing in a coin that have been proven to withstand the taste of time. And not a coin for people who aren't patient but wants to get rich quick. Since its known as an asset for long term investment.
I was an investor before the era of crypto, and with my unbiased experience, what the OP said which you also corroborate is not particularly true. Bitcoin is an asset and it's not the only asset in the world, not even in the crypto space, we should continue to treat it as such without entirely demeaning the others. If you want to invest in Bitcoin, fine, but it's not right to entirely dissuade people from diversifying their portfolio which is a very wise idea.

I think it is good to denigrate shitcoins, and also to dissuade people from diversifying for the mere sake of diversification.. especially into shitcoins.  In the "crypto" space, the idea of diversification is used as a way to distract people into thinking that they need shitcoins in their portfolio and they do not.  Learn bitcoin first, and then maybe after spending 300 or more hours studying bitcoin, then maybe at that point, the person might be ready to think about if there might be any need to fuck around with shitcoins.

Diversifying into other asset classes is another story, and surely more justifiable... even though some people wonder if they need any other investments besides bitcoin and cash and whether it might be overly complicated to be owning those other things, but sometimes it could be good to have ownership stakes in other things.. such as stocks, bonds, property, commodity and cash.. but that still might not become as big of an issue until the overall investment portfolio gets to a certain size.. maybe 25% or more of the annual income, then maybe at that point diversification might start to make sense.. as compared to a brand new investor just getting into bitcoin might not need to diversify at all besides figuring out his/her cash and bitcoin.

I don't see how you would be getting scammed if you buy both Bitcoin and altcoins from the right channels and also store them correctly.

Fuck shitcoins.  No need to get distracted with that nonsense, absent if you have figured out bitcoin first.

Do not be deceived, if not all, almost all people here acting Bitcoin boss and preaching Bitcoin only might have tonnes of altcoins in their wallets, that's human beings for you. But I dislike misleading people.

You cannot just talk about shitcoins generally without getting into specifics, so just your statement in itself (that does not refer to any specific shitcoin) seems to validate that if someone needs to get into one shitcoin or another, then s/he is going to have to spend quite a bit of time studying that nonsense and if they first don't even know bitcoin, then why fuck around with that? Study bitcoin first, and then if after 300 hours or so of studying bitcoin then maybe at that point there might be some justification to dabble in crap, and maybe even after studying bitcoin first, there might become a realization that there is no need to fuck around with shitcoins, except maybe some small part of the size of one's bitcoin holdings, such as less than 10%...

...so why even talk about shitcoins if they were supposedly some kind of a valid investment category if we are not able to name which ones and why. If a person cannot establish which ones and why then that seems like gambling rather than investing... no problem if you want to gamble rather than invest, but it seems to me to be better to be investing and to have some solid goals rather than planning to fail by failing to plan.

Carefully selecting your altcoins will enrich you for real. You can see how some moved more than 3 times in the recent bullish run, and you call that faulty? Risk is part of the game, enjoy it while it lasts.

How is someone going to carefully select shitcoins if s/he does not know bitcoin first, and do you really believe it is that easy to figure it out rather than getting fleeced.  Sure, after the fact any of us can see that some shitcoins did better than bitcoin at various points in time, but how is anyone supposed to know when to get in and when to get out? Seems like a big unnecessary distraction to me... but sure, people are free to do whatever they like, including getting lured into putting their money into crap and hoping that they time it correctly rather than having a more solid plan that involves steady and ongoing accumulation of bitcoin that likely is going to put someone into a pretty decent position (having more options) 4-10 years (or longer) down the road.. .and sure it is not guaranteed to pay off, but bitcoin remains a very good thing to build up in anyone's investment portfolio, so why dilute such efforts with a bunch of inferior crap that is largely correlated to bitcoin's performance anyhow.

By the way, if you had not noticed, bitcoin happens to be a paradigm shifting technology that is likely creating one of the largest wealth transfers in history,  so why get distracted and/or investment diluted into shitcoins?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2023, 06:05:58 PM

You make some decently good points Faisal2202, yet you seem to be justifying why it is good for some people (perhaps also including yourself) to be shitcoiners, and personally, I am not even denying that people are going to differ in their decisions regarding how much to invest into a variety of assets, whether that includes bitcoin and a variety of other assets, but still it can be quite difficult to try to argue that just because people are free to make dumb choices, such as buying shitcoins, that it is a good idea because it helps the market. 
You are right, and I did not say that. One of the two students who used to sit at the same desk in school, one of whom became a farmer, is not contributing to the economy; he is still playing an important role, while the other, who became a doctor or pilot (whatever you can assume), is also playing his role. In the same manner, the shitcoin buyer is making the market of alts so that by extending the diversified portfolio, we can minimize our risks and gain more, plus we can earn more due to the high volatility of alts than BTC.

Some choices and actions are better than other choices and actions, and surely there might be some folks who are from very similar backgrounds that will make different choices, and sometimes they are going to be successful in their own ways,....
Everyone is playing there role in this society either they are shitcoin buyer or BTC buyer as both have key role. I cannot agree more on this with you. It's only a emotion in the minds of people, which made them think that there this action and choices are better or not. Like the shitcoin buyer will praise his choice if it went well for him and the same goes for BTC and vice versa.

Litzki1990

Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 04:39:11 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The Image is shouting to say it's just greed and an Immature investment strategy, The person who is following this line is only messing with himself.

Such sort of mindset cant be found in the Bitcoiners, mostly shitcoin hunters stick to it, as they lose most of the time, they always consider this market as their lottery tick and they love to gamble. Bitcoiners are not gamblers they are wise ones and they're the only visionary people here.
We will invest in Bitcoin and hold that investment for a long time here why we will depend on luck rather we will invest only with adequate due diligence and investment skills. In my view those who invest depending on luck are fools because investing is not gambling which depends on luck rather investing depends on one's skill. A gambler takes decisions mostly based on his luck in gambling but in investing there is no chance to make decisions based on luck or on his own impulses.

In the case of investment, an investor has to do adequate scrutiny of the market, monitor the market movements and have the ability to be patient enough time to invest, only then can an investor get success from his investment. I don't give importance to my luck when it comes to investing, to those who say I have bad luck that every time I invest in a coin the value of that coin goes down I would like to tell them that you are not unlucky but you are investing at the wrong time with the wrong strategy.  

Understand the market and have enough knowledge about the market and research the market regularly I assure you that you can make your investment with confidence. Investing may be easy but one of the most challenging things for an investor is to invest in the right coin and hold that investment for a long time. By investing in the right coin we mean Bitcoin and we should keep investing in this Bitcoin for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 07:45:57 AM

The message to newbies has always been the same since the beginning of time. From bitcoin creation to the very time altcoin started to pop up, till the era of NFTs, airdrops and other silly nonsense that shows up to deceive the naive ones. This is the simple message being reiterated -  "Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
~
Well, I want to agree on what the OP has advised to us, but it would be better if you indicated in the subject title that this "Simple yet Powerful Message" are only for newbies out there who don't know where to invest their money with.

I believe that newbies really need to focus their money in investing into Bitcoin "ONLY" as it's considered the "SAFE" asset by many people. It might be a safe asset, but I would call it "the safest cryptocurrency you can invest your money with". That would be better, but overall, I guess OP already shared important details that a newbies must know. Focus on Bitcoin first, and be patient.

Now what about those not newbies anymore? Will you still recommend them to just invest only on Bitcoin, and disregards those altcoins out there especially those that are on the top in terms of market cap?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 08:08:36 AM

The message is lacking.  An investors need to learn about Bitcoin and the market movement.  Buying Bitcoin without knowing the market movement may make the investor end up buying at the top price.  This will render them to get paper losses and may take years to recover.  The advice on stashing it on the non-custodial wallet is a great advice but jumping into the Bitcoin market without any strategy or plan in mind may be disastrous if the person is just looking for a short term investment.
What you're trying to add right now, I think that it's going to complicate things, do you know about the adage one step at a time? I think that we should just let the beginners or newbies to experience first hand buying bitcoin, worrying about the prices is just a step I think they have to know when they finally bought bitcoin. Overwhelming them with all the unimportant stuff when they're just beginning with their journey will likely dishearten some of them.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Z390

Activity: 728
Merit: 303

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 08:17:16 AM

I respect your warning but for many its other side of this story, altcoins have bring good ROI for them than Bitcoin will ever bring, many people don't even know when to buy, that's the problem, they fomo into altcoins and they get dumped on.

With Bitcoin you can start buying any time if we are in a bear market, with altcoins you can't do the same, you need to make sure that you get in early and watch the chart closely,  it's good to always have Bitcoin in your portfolio but altcoins will always bring you good amount than Bitcoin, the bad side of altcoins is too many scam projects but if you know how to find those gems you will still be in profits.

Bitcoin is safer and altcoins expose you to more risks, I have lost money in altcoins like OP said but I have made more with altcoins than my Bitcoin, few that I bought this year have done over 1000% gains already, one of these alts is injective protocol, if you have your doubts you can do your research, another is Solana, the so called shit coin that everyone thought it won't survive because FTX had a lot and dumped a lot too.

If you know how to calculate your risks very well altcoins are not completely bad like some are saying, in fact it's better than gambling with money in a casino, all you need to do is make sure the project is very good and still very early. Right now my altcoin bags is looking better than my Bitcoin bag, though both are in good shape as we speak.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 01:24:00 PM

I respect your warning but for many its other side of this story, altcoins have bring good ROI for them than Bitcoin will ever bring, many people don't even know when to buy, that's the problem, they fomo into altcoins and they get dumped on.

With Bitcoin you can start buying any time if we are in a bear market, with altcoins you can't do the same, you need to make sure that you get in early and watch the chart closely,  it's good to always have Bitcoin in your portfolio but altcoins will always bring you good amount than Bitcoin, the bad side of altcoins is too many scam projects but if you know how to find those gems you will still be in profits.

Bitcoin is safer and altcoins expose you to more risks, I have lost money in altcoins like OP said but I have made more with altcoins than my Bitcoin, few that I bought this year have done over 1000% gains already, one of these alts is injective protocol, if you have your doubts you can do your research, another is Solana, the so called shit coin that everyone thought it won't survive because FTX had a lot and dumped a lot too.

Hypes makes these investors earn more from investing altcoins compared to Bitcoin and it gives them a reason to look for gems and take high risk rather than choosing the safe investment (Bitcoin). However, while many were earning a lot for altcoins, some had also suffered terrible losses and regrets and you're right - that is because they chose the wrong one or scam project and imperfect timing.
It doesn't matter if we choose altcoins provided that we are also securing funds allocated to Bitcoin as in this way, at least we have some assurance that our money will never vanish.

Davidvictorson

Activity: 980
Merit: 832

Livecasino.io

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 04:26:24 PM

If you do not learn from the experience of others you would definitely have your own bitter experience where learning would be inevitable. The instructions on how to keep your bitcoins safe is so simple yet there are people who lose it because of their greed, their lack of attention to details, just plain laziness which may include, keeping your private key carelessness, drawing unwanted attention to your self in public as Bitcoin investor thereby making yourself a target and so on.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Fuso.hp

Activity: 448
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 02:38:12 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), cryptoWODL (1)

If you do not learn from the experience of others you would definitely have your own bitter experience where learning would be inevitable. The instructions on how to keep your bitcoins safe is so simple yet there are people who lose it because of their greed, their lack of attention to details, just plain laziness which may include, keeping your private key carelessness, drawing unwanted attention to your self in public as Bitcoin investor thereby making yourself a target and so on.
You can see holding the investment for a long time not as greed but as a great opportunity for financial income. Everyone has addiction to money income. This means you cannot compare income addiction with greed. It may be difficult for you to invest and hold that investment for a long time because you are satisfied with a small profit, but we are determined to hold our bitcoins for a long time so it is natural to have a little high expectation from our investment. If you haven't held your investment for a long time, you may be taking a risk of holding your investment for a long time. For the purpose of long term investment first you consider specific time till that time you will hold your investment, if you can hold your investment till specific time then I am sure then you will only think of long term investment. 

Investments always give us something good, because investments always give us something good, that is why we should think long-term about investing, because if we invest with long-term thinking, then that investment will give us something better than good. If you have not planned long term investment before then now you can plan long term investment and invest long term plan hopefully change your thinking about long term investment.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Su-asa

Activity: 266
Merit: 196

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 06:05:43 AM

In the world of crypto currency Bitcoin is the number one of them all, if one wants to use any coins in the crypto currency to make as am example to some one that hasn't heard about Bitcoin even for the first the person will use Bitcoin first as an example.
If one have known about Bitcoin it will not be a good idea for the person to divert to any shit coin or any altcoins.

Litzki1990

Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2023, 11:10:57 AM

In the world of crypto currency Bitcoin is the number one of them all, if one wants to use any coins in the crypto currency to make as am example to some one that hasn't heard about Bitcoin even for the first the person will use Bitcoin first as an example.
If one have known about Bitcoin it will not be a good idea for the person to divert to any shit coin or any altcoins.
Bitcoin is one of the most popular currencies among cryptocurrencies. I have seen many people who have never heard of crypto currency but they have heard of Bitcoin. There is a big difference between hearing about Bitcoin and knowing about Bitcoin. We first came to know about Bitcoin by listening to someone talking about Bitcoin, it is a different thing, on the other hand, listening to his talk and being interested in learning about Bitcoin in a new way is a different thing. Newly when we try to learn about Bitcoin on our own we will learn a lot about Bitcoin and when we know roughly about Bitcoin we will have a better idea about investing in Bitcoin.  

People who have a rough idea about Bitcoin and people who have a rough idea about investing in Bitcoin I think if they are told about the investment they will decide to invest in Bitcoin without thinking anything. There are many coins in the market but not every coin can be trusted if any coin can be trusted it is Bitcoin.  
Never invest in other sheet coins, if you want to stay safe for a long time by investing then definitely choose to invest in Bitcoin. If we invest and hold that investment for a long period of time, this kind of worry will never work in the mind that we might lose our investment or we might not get our investment return.

If asked about investment I would say invest in Bitcoin and if asked about investment holding then I would say of course you hold your investment for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Dimitri94

Activity: 742
Merit: 157

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 12:45:57 PM

The message to newbies has always been the same since the beginning of time. From bitcoin creation to the very time altcoin started to pop up, till the era of NFTs, airdrops and other silly nonsense that shows up to deceive the naive ones. This is the simple message being reiterated -  "Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
Many people get involved in cryptocurrencies with greed which makes them lose the ability to consider what would be the good or bad. An investor first understand the difference between Bitcoin and Shitcoin. There are many investors who hold shit coins for years and at some point the results are zero. When they have money they become attracted to shitcoins for their greed. When the market turns bearish, it's all over. A shit coin never get ath, it is very difficult. But in the case of Bitcoin it is possible if some one hold bitcoin.

An investor should invest in a platform that increases in value over time. So far many of us are aware of many crypto scams but still rely on altcoins. As an investor you can buy altcoins if you want to gamble. But if you want to benefit from a reliable long-term investment, then no one should move any other platform than Bitcoin.
reagansimms

Activity: 966
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 12:54:10 PM

This message may often be ignored by beginners who are new to Crypto, but if you translate it more deeply, the words that are repeated many times "Just buy bitcoin and hold onto your own keys or else you are going to get scammed" have a big meaning. I think beginners need to keep this message in their minds to always avoid momentary temptations. Altcoins and NFTs look really sweet when they are on an upward trend, but they won't last long. Prices will continue to decline which can drain the initial capital or worst case have no selling value in the market. Bitcoin has been tested and proven to be able to survive in any conditions, ignoring Bitcoin is the same as ignoring the opportunity to make big profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 07, 2023, 01:39:18 PM

~
Well, I want to agree on what the OP has advised to us, but it would be better if you indicated in the subject title that this "Simple yet Powerful Message" are only for newbies out there who don't know where to invest their money with.

I believe that newbies really need to focus their money in investing into Bitcoin "ONLY" as it's considered the "SAFE" asset by many people. It might be a safe asset, but I would call it "the safest cryptocurrency you can invest your money with". That would be better, but overall, I guess OP already shared important details that a newbies must know. Focus on Bitcoin first, and be patient.

Now what about those not newbies anymore? Will you still recommend them to just invest only on Bitcoin, and disregards those altcoins out there especially those that are on the top in terms of market cap?
For long time market investors, I believe they already know where to invest and where to put their higher allocation of capital, and what coins to diversify aside from bitcoin. They have better experiences in the market so they are aware already what coins that will make them profitable and what coins that need to be avoided to prevent from losing.

However, this message is not actually for newbies but I can also tell that this is also applicable even for experienced investors. Bitcoin is still the best crypto and safest crypto asset so if we can’t stick to it, at least we should give bitcoin the biggest allocation and only invest to other potential altcoins and shitcoins with an amount that we can afford to lose.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Fuso.hp

Activity: 448
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 03:44:41 AM

The message to newbies has always been the same since the beginning of time. From bitcoin creation to the very time altcoin started to pop up, till the era of NFTs, airdrops and other silly nonsense that shows up to deceive the naive ones. This is the simple message being reiterated -  "Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
Many people get involved in cryptocurrencies with greed which makes them lose the ability to consider what would be the good or bad. An investor first understand the difference between Bitcoin and Shitcoin. There are many investors who hold shit coins for years and at some point the results are zero. When they have money they become attracted to shitcoins for their greed. When the market turns bearish, it's all over. A shit coin never get ath, it is very difficult. But in the case of Bitcoin it is possible if some one hold bitcoin.

An investor should invest in a platform that increases in value over time. So far many of us are aware of many crypto scams but still rely on altcoins. As an investor you can buy altcoins if you want to gamble. But if you want to benefit from a reliable long-term investment, then no one should move any other platform than Bitcoin.
I would never call anyone who comes to cryptocurrency and invests in any coin out of greed for the success of others an investor because an investor would never invest out of greed for the success of others. Someone else has achieved success in crypto currency but we must think about how he achieved success or in which coin he achieved success.  

If we buy any shitcoin we want and hold it for a long time without thinking about the right direction and if we expect to get a lot of good from this shitcoin then we are definitely living in a fool's kingdom. Investing does not mean rush, investment does not mean greed, investment does not mean following others directly but investment means investing in the right coin after doing enough market research and holding it for a long time. If we invest in the right coin and hold for a long time, we expect to get good from that coin. If we wait a thousand years to invest in any of the citcoins in the market without investing in the right coin, I don't think we will ever get anything good from that investment.  

An investor needs to have the mindset and patience to hold enough to invest and also an investor needs to select the right coin before investing. If the right coin is selected at the right time and can be held for a long time then an investor is successful in that investment.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 10:16:26 AM

If you know how to calculate your risks very well altcoins are not completely bad like some are saying, in fact it's better than gambling with money in a casino, all you need to do is make sure the project is very good and still very early. Right now my altcoin bags is looking better than my Bitcoin bag, though both are in good shape as we speak.

This is having some atom of dishonesty in my opinion. Is there any Altcoin in the history of cryptocurrency that has given an ROI like Bitcoin? Google search the profit of Bitcoin from the day it was listed as compared to other altcoins, and they don't come near, even Ethereum does have half the return of what Bitcoin has printed if you do the maths from the first day it was listed on exchanges. The only problem is that Bitcoin has grown rapidly because the market cap alone is enough to give us more than 100 altcoins if we are to share the Bitcoin market cap with other altcoins that are top 100.

I am not sure if the survey result will be the same but if you ask around about how people have lost money to crypto, they will tell you that more than 80% of people lost money into altcoins than they did in Bitcoin. Fact check the bear market that we just had, altcoin is the reason why we are here today, and Terra Luna and Solana collapse is the reason why billions of dollars were wiped off the market. Not for one day you will hear that people panic and sold everything because Bitcoin had issues, it's always altcoins bullshit that brings fear, doubt and uncertainty.

ThemePen

Activity: 756
Merit: 673

I stand with Palestine.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2023, 10:52:42 AM

I understood your point about the risks and scams that exist in the cryptocurrency world especially for newcomers. It is true that there are fraudulent activities targeting those who who don't know much. However, it's important to note that not all altcoins NFTs or airdrops are scams. You can see many projects are legitimate and gave huge airdrop to their users.

I agree with your message which showing the importance of holding your own keys. This is a fundamental principle.  Not your keys not your funds.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bd officer

Activity: 378
Merit: 219

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 12:58:41 PM

"Just buy bitcoin and hold your own keys or else you are going to get scammed"
Yes of course, should only invest in Bitcoin. Investing in altcoins with a small amount of money can get a lot of profit, investing in altcoins is very risky, you can lose the whole money. Due to the huge price increase in Bitcoin at present time, investing in Bitcoin with small amount of money can expect small profit but long term holding can expect to get huge profit. If a loss is incurred by investing in alt coins, the chances of recovery are less. But if you invest in Bitcoin, you can easily recover if there is a loss. People who get new ideas about cryptocurrencies decide to invest in different types of alt coins without understanding the market. Investing in Bitcoin is much less risky than investing in other coins. So everyone should choose bitcoin and avoid alt coins.

Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 01:54:39 PM

~

It's not bad to diversify bitcoin with altcoins as long as you are in the right coins to invest, which can also sustain the market volatility and won't definitely end up with zero value. However, even if those altcoins are on top of the market cap, we can't be sure that they're not gonna fall in the long run as  majority of the altcoins are just profitable at the beginning but eventually lost their significant value in the end, which means these type of altcoins will only add to its higher risk of losing.

I have been in the same situation way back then and have trusted these altcoins but all I got are just losses. The reason why I just want to stick to bitcoin for long term investment and just continue doing DCA to maximize my portfolio before this bitcoin halving is supposed to happen.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀