Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I speed up a homepage made with WordPress?  (Read 123 times)
starkim (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2023, 06:53:11 AM

Since there were a lot of images on the page, I edited them with low-quality images.
Then I installed the caching plugin and changed it to a webp file.
However, when I checked pagespeed insights, the page speed was still slow.
I'm really worried. Please tell me another way. Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sam2121

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2023, 07:40:53 PM

You can speed up the mobile pages with an AMP plugin for WordPress. Also, check the file size of the images. Might need smaller file size or a different image file type for them to load faster.
starkim (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 05:02:40 AM

You can speed up the mobile pages with an AMP plugin for WordPress. Also, check the file size of the images. Might need smaller file size or a different image file type for them to load faster.

Image optimization was done using the ewww plugin. but it's still slow
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 08:12:40 AM

Image optimization was done using the ewww plugin. but it's still slow

Theres a few options for this.
If you already use smaller images (webp format) are you also using something like lightspeedcache ?
The website speed could also be slow beacuse of the wordpress theme, which are you using ?
Do you have a lot of plugins that are installed ?
Speed also depends on the hosting you use, quite a significant facotor
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 12:25:52 PM

Run a test for your site using: https://pagespeed.web.dev/

You'll be able to see what is causing your page to load slowly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 05:57:21 AM

Optimizing a WordPress homepage typically involves the use of LiteSpeed Cache. This plugin also comes equipped with a handy lazy load feature, which significantly enhances loading times. I make sure to consider this a must-have plugin every time I create a website using WordPress.

Another essential plugin I always install is Yoast SEO for optimizing each page of the website and SEO purpose for my content.

Links:
LiteSpeed Cache: LiteSpeed Tech
Yoast SEO: Yoast
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 06:08:00 AM

Do you run on a dedicated server, a VPS or shared hosting?

In the first case, i'd start by looking at your system load, if you're on a VPS you can also look at the load of your system, but it might be possible the company you're renting your VPS from overallocated and (depending on the technology they used), your VPS might look ok, but it might still be a load problem.
In the case of a VPS or shared hosting, i'd recommend following the next steps, and if they don't solve your problem, contact your hosting provider and ask them about the load on the system you're running on.

If the load is ok, i'd start by using Cache (as described by bayu7adi) and by looking at your content (as described by others).

If the load is ok, and the content is ok, and the cache is up and running, i'd start by disabling all your plugins. See if this solves your problem (if it does, enable them one by one untill you find the one that's problematic)

If the load is ok, and the content is ok, and the cache is up and running, and the plugins aren't the problem, try switching themes to a default theme. See if that solves the problem

If the load is ok, and the content is ok, and the cache is up and running, and the plugins are ok, and the theme is ok, make sure you didn't modify any php files (or check if you haven't been hacked).

If all of this is ok, the problem might be the configuration of your apache/nginx/lighthttpd/... or mysql/mariadb/... This is a topic on it's own, but there are a few tools like mysqltuner that pop to mind to debug this issue.

In the past, i've also used some debug tools for wordpress... IIRC, there was even an option to write debug info to a logfile straight in the config file, but i cannot remember exactly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
L4rs_

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 10:47:50 AM

100% WP Rocket it's for sure worth it.

I tried WP Super Cache (free) with enabling preloading but it just didn't really speed up.

The caching from WP Rocket is crazy and in general it's the best speed up plugin for wordpress

It's no ad or something I really believe what I said

=)
Jinx9975

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 14, 2023, 09:23:04 AM

Optimize Images - Compress and resize images to the right sizes. Use a plugin like EWWW Image Optimizer or ShortPixel.
Enable Caching - Use a caching plugin like WP Rocket or WP Fastest Cache. Caching stores pages to load faster later.
Minify CSS/JS - Minifying removes whitespace and compacts files. Use Autoptimize plugin.
Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) - Host static files like images, CSS and JS on a CDN for faster load times globally.
Limit Plugins - Remove unused plugins. Too many plugins can slow things down.
Switch to a Faster Host - Switch from slow shared hosting to a well-optimized WordPress host.
Deactivate Visual Editor - The visual editor can slow the backend editor. Disable if not needed.
Optimize Database - Cleanup database tables and queries with a plugin like WP-Optimize.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: