Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we increase the merit distribution within our local community?  (Read 74 times)
Maslate (OP)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 677

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 02:57:35 PM
Merited by Russlenat (1), TravelMug (1)

I've noticed that other local communities distribute a lot of merits among their active posters. Here, I can only see a few merits being given out, so I'd like to know from those who are well-informed about merit distributions how we can increase our merits here. Currently, it seems like merits are the primary factor used to determine if a user is a spammer or not; it's what they initially look at when reviewing your account.

Most, if not all of us, want to earn merits, either to rank up or to have a good reputation when joining a specific signature campaign. But it shouldn't be limited to that area alone; when more Filipino forum users receive more merits, it will demonstrate that we aren't spammers and that we're genuinely interested in intelligent discussions. Furthermore, it will encourage newbies to join the community and grow here, giving them an opportunity to rank up for them to explore opportunities with their rank up account.

Honestly, I haven't seen many newbies here promoted to higher forum ranks, unlike in other local communities where some newbies have reached legendary status in a short period. What I'm saying is, if they can do it, I believe we can too.

We Filipinos are proficient in English since it's our second language. Sometimes, we tend to keep things simple, and we don't engage deeply in discussions. If we have time to spend on the forum, we might as well make it valuable. I'm encouraging everyone to be more active; we can create threads that are beneficial to everyone, whether in English or Tagalog. What's important is that we express the topic effectively.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Russlenat

Activity: 2786
Merit: 906

View Profile
October 19, 2023, 02:02:14 AM

That's because they are so focused and have a lot of time to spend in the forum. I think most of us here have real-life commitments aside from being active in this forum, so it takes a backseat. Many of us have day jobs and businesses to take care of. However, we can enhance our community with various informative discussions, making it interesting not only for active members but also for newbies who want to learn.

When it comes to earning merits, there isn't a specific board you need to focus on, as merits are distributed across the forum. Even if some boards have plenty of merits to offer, you also need to consider whether you can contribute to that specific board. The forum has built-in statistics to track merits distributed within the forum, and you can view different merit stats here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

It's up to you to analyze how to use this to your advantage.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
October 26, 2023, 03:32:16 AM

I guess if we will see some post that are worth meriting in our local boards then why not? We have this thread already [Merit Help]Tulungan para magrank-up ang Newbie hanggang Hero Member.

Maybe we really need merit source/s in our community as we are one of those who doesn't have one.

So I will try to distribute my merit here in our local boards and help our kababayans to rank up or getting close to ranking up.

Edit: Done some distributions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: