Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting for a Bengali translation and Press release sub board  (Read 969 times)
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 05:47:57 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

___SNIP___

OP You've raised a serious topic anyway I won't be committing to what your community members are doing but I would lie to say News posting with a special format is perfect spam.

A News Headline
A Screenshot or Thumbnail
A source
A typical comment on News

AFAIK  there's nothing wrong with translating the topics and getting reards from the OPs's even if they are using this tactic to rank_up at least they are putting in some effort and contributing something but the significant scenarios, OP you've mentioned using translating tools and minor edits on it should be wiped with some strong actions against such members by dropping at least Neutral for translation spam or even Negative if they've found guilt consistently.

Mostly Such tactics are used by the account farmers and it is not that hard in the local community to track them, TBH merit sources should double-check before sending merits.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 08:44:00 PM

-snip-
But the way the Bengali board is hammered with translated topics and news source posts, it looks like spamming to many of us.
-snip-

Dont know who learned from whom, but the Pakistani community got a few translators too  Grin I love how they waste their time by putting effort in translations. Yes, They are getting a translation skill and I hope one day that skill might help them somewhere. Posted this few hours ago in Pakistani thread

Well if you ask me, hate news waly post yahan. Agar ap nay news share karny ha to telegram group ha post kar dyn, don’t need to translate too. Avyn itna time bhy aya kartay han us c behtar ha utna time kisy achy cheez ko do takeh kuch learn kar lo. Change the scope/ think out of box, news wgera posting nay new commers ko bus ky batty kay peechay laganay waly baat h, koi faida nai.

It says, I dislike such posts and if they want to share a piece of news we have Pakistan community telegram channels, and they can share the news without putting an effort into translations. Easy peasy. Why waste time on translation, just for one post which have no purpose as everyone these days have X/twitter and they an easily go through the latest news if they follow the right people. Its not like they are getting any merits for posting such stuff, why they are not posting, what going in their mind at the time of posting no idea, other night shed a light on that. 

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 09:02:02 PM

Well if you ask me, hate news waly post yahan. Agar ap nay news share karny ha to telegram group ha post kar dyn, don’t need to translate too. Avyn itna time bhy aya kartay han us c behtar ha utna time kisy achy cheez ko do takeh kuch learn kar lo. Change the scope/ think out of box, news wgera posting nay new commers ko bus ky batty kay peechay laganay waly baat h, koi faida nai.
It says, I dislike such posts and if they want to share a piece of news we have Pakistan community telegram channels, and they can share the news without putting an effort into translations. Easy peasy. Why waste time on translation, just for one post which have no purpose as everyone these days have X/twitter and they an easily go through the latest news if they follow the right people. Its not like they are getting any merits for posting such stuff, why they are not posting, what going in their mind at the time of posting no idea, other night shed a light on that. 

Haha, Dear, I'm not sure how many times I've pointed this out in our community well some do follow and some don't we cant do anything about it, except not to support them.

Making the posts out of this particular context (News Posting) will really consume time and energy to study the topic and after that share the experience and insights of that topic, after putting in this effort they can question themselves by just posting the top stories and hot topics they can simply achieve their target as other doing so.

Dunamisx

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 10:08:33 PM

It sounds illogical to ask for a Bengali sub board for Bengali translation and press release because we don't have any local boards yet. But the way the Bengali board is hammered with translated topics and news source posts, it looks like spamming to many of us.

This is a good request you have just raised to ask the permission for granting you a sub board, but to make your request more presentable, let me ask you to do one additional task, you can edit the whole post and make it looks more official because you're directing it to the admin, show some additional informations or statistics of active members you have engage in your discussion and many more other things to add up to your chances of receiving higher considerations.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 658
Merit: 593

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 10:21:16 PM

It sounds illogical to ask for a Bengali sub board for Bengali translation and press release because we don't have any local boards yet. But the way the Bengali board is hammered with translated topics and news source posts, it looks like spamming to many of us.

well I will also support that Bangladesh should be given a local board but I don't think that these spamming issue will be solved just by giving board. Actually newbie has no interest in current active discussion and they just transalte news with one image and source link or the transaltion that you pointed out. Once the post has been translated then it should be discussed for some days to learn something. If translation purpose is just to get Merits then It is not good because it will only grow spamming.

As a native speaker, I can say that very few translators met the translation standard, and most of the translation was done by Google Translator and later edited a little bit and reposted. I can not blame global members for contributing to those topics, as they can not speak the language and have little understanding of it. 

I think the better solution is that reputed and experienced members of your country approve some quality transalator and also inform the original post creator about it and whenever newbie want to start transaltion then first prove himself that he could do a quality transaltion and will not spam in the board.

FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 11:19:01 PM

Bengali are mad because their greed is high I entered Bengali board as a tourist. And got to see some samples.  Basically he did all these things for the purpose of getting merit.

The motive to get merit has awakened in them, due to which they learned to use translate post one after another.

DVlog (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 06:40:23 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2023, 06:52:09 AM by DVlog

-snip-
But the way the Bengali board is hammered with translated topics and news source posts, it looks like spamming to many of us.
-snip-

Dont know who learned from whom, but the Pakistani community got a few translators too  Grin I love how they waste their time by putting effort in translations. Yes, They are getting a translation skill and I hope one day that skill might help them somewhere. Posted this few hours ago in Pakistani thread

One guy from the community got 40merit from 1miau by translating 3 of his topics in a week. Some newbies noticed this and started doing translation right away by using google translation. I cannot blame them as they are seeing that if someone can get 40 merit that easily then why don't we try this?  I can not blame the merit sources as well because they can't judge a translation quality because they are not native speakers, and if they don't ask some other native speaker, But their unprecedented merit distribution makes it more appealing to do translation for people who don't have such skill to do it for the sake of merit which cause more spamming and low quality post to the board.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 6740

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2023, 11:08:35 PM

One guy from the community got 40merit from 1miau by translating 3 of his topics in a week. Some newbies noticed this and started doing translation right away by using google translation. I cannot blame them as they are seeing that if someone can get 40 merit that easily then why don't we try this?  
Since I have obviously been mentioned here to give out a fraudulent Merit (maybe the meaning of your statement is a bit off due to being lost in translation), I can tell you that for each translator of each language, I have requested a proofreading of established native speakers to make sure that these translations are not Google translate spam.
If a translator is proven to be a Google translate spammer, I won't give out a substantial amount of Merit and I would reject all subsequent translation requests.
For some translations (not related to your Bengali local board) I have requested an improvement until they were acceptable.

The problem of your Bengali local section aren't constructive members translating interesting content, the flawed forum layout is the issue here.
So, it's better complain about the lazy forum development (like your OP does) because a proper Bengali board will solve the entire issue of long translations, which are currently being placed in a single thread.
This is no issue at all in "real" local boards.
I'm wondering anyways why it's so difficult for the forum developers to establish proper local boards. But after wasting more than 2,000,000 USD on the new forum software, I'm not really wondering about anything anymore here.

It's enough to have Bengali local sub-boards for:

- Bitcoin discussion
- Bitcoin (price) speculation
- Beginners and Help
- Altcoins
- Mining
- Service discussion

Each translation would be posted where it's suited best.

I agree that news spam should neither get merited nor paid by signature campaigns. Doing so, will reduce news spam massively.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DVlog (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 05:34:07 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2023, 10:03:06 AM by DVlog

One guy from the community got 40merit from 1miau by translating 3 of his topics in a week. Some newbies noticed this and started doing translation right away by using google translation. I cannot blame them as they are seeing that if someone can get 40 merit that easily then why don't we try this?  
Since I have obviously been mentioned here to give out a fraudulent Merit (maybe the meaning of your statement is a bit off due to being lost in translation), I can tell you that for each translator of each language, I have requested a proofreading of established native speakers to make sure that these translations are not Google translate spam.
If a translator is proven to be a Google translate spammer, I won't give out a substantial amount of Merit and I would reject all subsequent translation requests.
For some translations (not related to your Bengali local board) I have requested an improvement until they were acceptable.

I have no doubt about your dedication and professionalism in the forum. What the point of my statement was, is that a lot or enough to send 10 to 20 merits for a translation. I know it is up to the merit source but what i am seeing is that none of these translations are being read by the local member as this post doesn't get any discussion after being posted. Contrary to what happens after so much merit distribution, a lot of new translators have tried to translate post some with permission and some don't with google translator without any basic skill in translation. What encourages them to behave like this?

The problem of your Bengali local section aren't constructive members translating interesting content, the flawed forum layout is the issue here.
So, it's better complain about the lazy forum development (like your OP does) because a proper Bengali board will solve the entire issue of long translations, which are currently being placed in a single thread.
This is no issue at all in "real" local boards.
I'm wondering anyways why it's so difficult for the forum developers to establish proper local boards. But after wasting more than 2,000,000 USD on the new forum software, I'm not really wondering about anything anymore here.

It's enough to have Bengali local sub-boards for:

- Bitcoin discussion
- Bitcoin (price) speculation
- Beginners and Help
- Altcoins
- Mining
- Service discussion

Each translation would be posted where it's suited best.

I agree that news spam should neither get merited nor paid by signature campaigns. Doing so, will reduce news spam massively.

For being ranked 7 among all the languages in the word we deserve a local board of our own. There are a lots of Bengali speaking people around the world and bengali community is also getting bigger and better day by day. I admit we are having trouble having a lot of spamming activity in our board but it is an active board and new members are joining and posting there. I don't know the right approach to request for a board of our own but as you are one of the moderators of the forum i am not sure you can help us anyway or not but we will be really appreciate it.

1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 6740

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2023, 09:09:18 PM
Merited by Rikafip (1)

I have no doubt about your dedication and professionalism in the forum. What the point of my statement was, is that a lot or enough to send 10 to 20 merits for a translation.
Yes, it quite a decent amount but in my opinion, a good translation also deserves some sort of reward. Because a good translation can be quite a lot of work.
It's beneficial for the community to have high quality content translated into local languages because it will also lead to Google Search spotting these guides / articles etc..
For example, someone types in Google Search in your native language "What's a SegWit Address?" and some guides / articles on Bitcointalk will show up.
That's helping a lot of people and generating clicks for Bitcointalk.

I know it is up to the merit source but what i am seeing is that none of these translations are being read by the local member as this post doesn't get any discussion after being posted.
That's again only an issue because your local board is not a proper one. It's messy because you only have one big thread about everything.
Developers of Bitcointalk should change that and it's important to change that.
If it's changed = problem solved

Contrary to what happens after so much merit distribution, a lot of new translators have tried to translate post some with permission and some don't with google translator without any basic skill in translation. What encourages them to behave like this?
You can report them in Reputation and if proven (multiple established members of your local board confirm this), the offenders will get a ton of neutral (if not negative) trust.
Problem solved, they won't do that again.

For being ranked 7 among all the languages in the word we deserve a local board of our own.
Definitely, you deserve that and I support you.
But I can't tell you why the forum is such a massive embarrassment to get (even easy) things done.

I admit we are having trouble having a lot of spamming activity in our board but it is an active board and new members are joining and posting there.
+1
It's very important to discourage shitposting. You have my support here.

I don't know the right approach to request for a board of our own but as you are one of the moderators of the forum i am not sure you can help us anyway or not but we will be really appreciate it.
LOL, I'm not a moderator of Bitcointalk, I'm just a Merit source.
So, no, I'm not a moderator here...
(At least I didn't know about that).  Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rikafip
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 5976

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 08:01:16 PM
Merited by 1miau (1)

I wondered about the same thing, and the only thing that came up is that they might be reluctant to create new local boards because there are quite a few semi-active/dead ones so I guess they want to be absolutely sure that the same thing won't happen with new ones as well.

With that being said, I do think that Bangladash (and Pakistan) communities showed their consistency when it comes to activity and I don't think that same thing will happen with like with some other local boards. On the contrary, their numbers would probably grow like it happened with Nigerian board that is now one of the most active ones.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 308
Merit: 315

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 09:11:57 PM
Merited by 1miau (1)

~snip~

Translation requires a lot of hard work. Even when you are a native speaker, you can't just translate it as you speak it normally or use Google translators directly. It has to sound clear and fluent. I'm sure you understand that yourself, as you are also a translator.

Do you know what's frustrating? Not being recognized for your work. That's the main problem with our local thread. I have done multiple translations for Gazeta. And every time, it took more than 10 days. And unfortunately, all my translation got buried in previous pages. Four, five posts, and your posts get buried. That's what makes me sad. The whole point was to spread awareness of the topic I translated. But I doubt if anyone ever saw or took time to read those. Only if we had our own local board, we wouldn't have this problem. Even if 10 people read my translation, I would have peace.

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 01:54:41 AM

Translating global posts is not a problem, but it is if it is intended to get merit. The kind of translation that has been stormed in the Bengali Local Board I think is only for the purpose of getting merit.

If you reduce merit for Bengali local boards, then you will see that no one will come forward to translate your post. Because they are looking for opportunities to use to invent new fraud cycles.

Bd officer

Activity: 378
Merit: 220

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 04:26:40 AM
Merited by 1miau (1), DYING_S0UL (1)

Translation requires a lot of hard work. Even when you are a native speaker, you can't just translate it as you speak it normally or use Google translators directly. It has to sound clear and fluent. I'm sure you understand that yourself, as you are also a translator.

Do you know what's frustrating? Not being recognized for your work. That's the main problem with our local thread. I have done multiple translations for Gazeta. And every time, it took more than 10 days. And unfortunately, all my translation got buried in previous pages. Four, five posts, and your posts get buried. That's what makes me sad. The whole point was to spread awareness of the topic I translated. But I doubt if anyone ever saw or took time to read those. Only if we had our own local board, we wouldn't have this problem. Even if 10 people read my translation, I would have peace.
If someone translates a post in our Bengali local thread, I try to take a lot of time to read it. A few days ago @Learn Bitcoin and @DYING_S0UL beautifully translated the posts and presented them to us. They used to keep a gap of at least 10 days while translating the posts. Then I used to get a lot of time to read the posts, I used to read the posts carefully.

However, a few days ago everyone in our thread started translating posts. Those of us who read the post should give it a few days. Now if 3-5 posts a week are translated, then we feel boring. Post translation is very good, I support it myself. Gezeta and 1miau their posts are very good and useful posts. If someone translates their posts we gain knowledge on various topics. But some members in our local thread started a competition to translate posts. I think if one post a month or good posts every 15 days are translated in our Bengali thread, no one will find it boring.

Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 807

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 08:42:34 AM

---

The problem is our locals follow each other too much. They copy posting styles, check where you get merits and how you get that, and even copy usernames. They want to earn some quick merits and rank up quickly. I saw a post where a new member with a very small number of activities was looking for a tool to translate posts from English to Bengali besides Google Translator.

One of my posts was quoted by lovesmayfamilis, where I had already discussed these problems in our local thread. I can see the ending if they don't stop following each other and doing the copy-paste job.

lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4279

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 09:03:15 AM

---

The problem is our locals follow each other too much. They copy posting styles, check where you get merits and how you get that, and even copy usernames. They want to earn some quick merits and rank up quickly. I saw a post where a new member with a very small number of activities was looking for a tool to translate posts from English to Bengali besides Google Translator.

One of my posts was quoted by lovesmayfamilis, where I had already discussed these problems in our local thread. I can see the ending if they don't stop following each other and doing the copy-paste job.

In addition, all your people, repeating the steps of those who managed to catch merit somewhere, fall under the suspicion that all the accounts are owned by one person. I think you know the stories about the "circus" with pumpkins.
Of course, we can assume that if someone came to the forum, he would invite his friends. But in the case of recent copy-paste of news and regularly opened topics with illustrations and providing a link to the source, this looks very provocative.
It is also disappointing that the majority of forum participants, realizing that the topics were opened by beginners, clearly shouting about fishing merit, but containing nothing unique except copy-paste, actively continued the discussion just to fill your subscription quota instead of sending a complaint to the moderators about rule number 1.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jokers10
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 3002

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 10:46:30 AM

If you are really interested in the topic you translated you can talk about the things brought up in there in your next posts and also give a link to that post with a translation. Interlining different topics and posts is good for forum if they are informative and useful. It's not what I do on everyday basis, but it happens regulary when I link to some of my previous topics or posts if there is some additional info or interesting discussion connected to what is actual in ongoing thread.

Don't let your work get buried if you are really interested in it and suppose it important and informative. Wink

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 308
Merit: 315

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 11:09:26 AM
Merited by 1miau (1)

If you are really interested in the topic you translated you can talk about the things brought up in there in your next posts and also give a link to that post with a translation. Interlining different topics and posts is good for forum if they are informative and useful. It's not what I do on everyday basis, but it happens regulary when I link to some of my previous topics or posts if there is some additional info or interesting discussion connected to what is actual in ongoing thread.

Don't let your work get buried if you are really interested in it and suppose it important and informative. Wink

I don't know about interest, but I, myself, learned a lot thanks to those translations. In my first translation, I didn't knew what BBcodes were. As my translation finished, I learned the basic use of BBcodes. You would be laughing after hearing this. I thought Bbcodes were some kind of HTML keywords.

The first topic was related to KYC and CEX, where some thief stole a person's identity. Then there was another topic about "Help bitcoin help Ukraine". I knew there was an ongoing war. But I didn't knew any details. After translation, I realized how cruel Putin really was. There was another interesting topic about PGP. It really got me. A senior user also made an additional post regarding this. He made a whole guide in our local thread about how to use PGP. Lastly, there was this famous topic, "The Silkroad Case." I'm sure you've heard of it.

I don't know about others, I don't know if anyone read my translation. But I benefited a lot from them. Recently, I made a complete list of all the translations that I and (Learn Bitcoin) brother did. But unfortunately, it also got buried.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. I'll re-post everything again when we get our own local board. Until then, I will have to quote it and keep the topic alive.

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
Little Mouse
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1980

Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 05:58:38 AM
Merited by 1miau (1), jokers10 (1), DVlog (1)

For a long time, I thought that this local board was a small group of 5-10 people with several alt accounts.
That's not true. I know a few individual users as I was offering BTC buy-sell service. Most of them don't care about signature campaigns thus, they don't care about merit either. On top of that, I have referred at least 5-6 users who are here to learn and they are doing fine although they aren't active/much active in the local board. I'm active in a Facebook group and whenever I find some questions which I can't answer perfectly, I used to refer them the forum.

Are your local smeriters not native speakers?
Granting the new local board's request won't change this practice. I think the main problem isn't the translators, but you have a compulsive local smeriter. Try to conducive to this point first. I support providing your local board but not for the sole reason of wanting to prevent users from ranking up.
Mostly they are the original topic owner. I barely merited translated topics unless they are from my interest and contain some significant information/discussion.

I have done multiple translations for Gazeta and he was always pleased with my work.
I was okay with your translation and Learn Bitcoin. But after that a lot of people started doing that and to be honest, I started feeling bored which also affected my local thread activity.

I can tell you that for each translator of each language, I have requested a proofreading of established native speakers to make sure that these translations are not Google translate spam.
May I know who are they? Because I found this translation a garbage to be honest as the translator has no idea about the translation he did despite the topic containing more of in general information instead of technical explanation.

If you are really interested in the topic you translated
The reply isn't based on the quoted text but the word caught my attention. If someone is really interested in a topic, they can use this forum, search on Google, and learn more about the topic. They don't need to translate a topic even (no problem if they do either). If someone puts a valid question here about cryptocurrency in the local, I'm always ready to answer them and if I don't know the answer, I spend hours behind that and make sure that I'm not spreading wrong information. I want to spread Bitcoin and explain Bitcoin (as much as I know).

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
DVlog (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 07:15:15 PM

If you are really interested in the topic you translated
The reply isn't based on the quoted text but the word caught my attention. If someone is really interested in a topic, they can use this forum, search on Google, and learn more about the topic. They don't need to translate a topic even (no problem if they do either). If someone puts a valid question here about cryptocurrency in the local, I'm always ready to answer them and if I don't know the answer, I spend hours behind that and make sure that I'm not spreading wrong information. I want to spread Bitcoin and explain Bitcoin (as much as I know).

The craze for translation comes from the desire to be merited in certain scenarios. Most of the translators don't have the skill to do the translation of some technical topics, but they still intend to do that due to their affection for getting merit. I do something similar when a question comes my way and I don't know the answer. Right away, I went to Google to gather information about the topic, and if it had technical terms that I could forget, I take short note for future revision.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: