Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting for a Bengali translation and Press release sub board  (Read 969 times)
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 6740

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2023, 12:55:08 AM

I can tell you that for each translator of each language, I have requested a proofreading of established native speakers to make sure that these translations are not Google translate spam.
May I know who are they? Because I found this translation a garbage to be honest as the translator has no idea about the translation he did despite the topic containing more of in general information instead of technical explanation.
Many thanks for your information, I'll make a request to update and improve the mentioned topic.  Smiley
My list is secret but if you want, I can take you on my list as well and shoot you a PM from time to time to make a quick check.

I don't request a check for every translation: I'm requesting a check of the first one, might skip the next one and then request a check again for a third one to avoid too much checking work because I don't want to bother anyone too much. By doing so, I try to catch abusers because a check can happen any time and that went well so far but if you say it's really a garbage translation, many thanks for your hint and I'll request an improvement.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2023, 12:44:43 PM

I don't request a check for every translation: I'm requesting a check of the first one, might skip the next one and then request a check again for a third one to avoid too much checking work because I don't want to bother anyone too much. By doing so, I try to catch abusers because a check can happen any time and that went well so far but if you say it's really a garbage translation, many thanks for your hint and I'll request an improvement.  Smiley

Actually, we cannot blame you for that because once you see someone already translated your topic and it was good, naturally you would like to allow him to translate more of your topic. But whoever you contact to check the translation, did they ever mentioned that it seems the guy used automatic translator? At least did they doubt that?

If I translate a topic, I should understand what I am writing. Autometic translators never be able to do accurate translation. You should ask someone to check who has some experience or you can trust.
1miau
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2023, 06:18:21 PM

Actually, we cannot blame you for that because once you see someone already translated your topic and it was good, naturally you would like to allow him to translate more of your topic.
Of course, I'm not a native speaker and I can't know if it's a legitimate translation or not. I've applied a procedure to avoid most bad translations to go unnoticed but it's very difficult to spot everything.
If you have a better idea, please let me know.  Smiley

But whoever you contact to check the translation, did they ever mentioned that it seems the guy used automatic translator? At least did they doubt that?
As said before, the translation in question wan't checked as previous translations of the same translator have been checked, so I assumed the translation was a legitimate one.
If there's a a particular issue with Bengali translations, I might check every translation.

You should ask someone to check who has some experience or you can trust.
As said before: the translation in question wasn't checked because previous translations of the same translator have been checked so I assumed the translation was a legitimate one.
What's your opinion, if I create a new topic in services (like AOBT) but for checking translations for "problematic languages", where abuse has been detected? I could link any new translations before meriting and people like you could be my "trusted proofreaders": You could write a few words in that topic, if it's a quality translation or not, and I could finally approve it, when I have your confirmation.
What's your opinion of such a solution?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Shishir99

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2023, 12:40:05 PM
Merited by 1miau (1), DYING_S0UL (1)

What's your opinion, if I create a new topic in services (like AOBT) but for checking translations for "problematic languages", where abuse has been detected? I could link any new translations before meriting and people like you could be my "trusted proofreaders": You could write a few words in that topic, if it's a quality translation or not, and I could finally approve it, when I have your confirmation.

I guess that will be too much work for you. Once the translation is ready, all you can do is forward the translation link to someone like Little Mouse or experienced users of some specific local board (I don't consider myself an expert yet) and ask them to check. I guess most users would like to help you by checking these translations. I am not saying this for our Bengali thread only. You can do the same for other local languages as well. I guess every local board/thread has some well-reputed members like LM. I guess they won't disappoint you. You can avoid the hassle just by sending a private message to them.
DVlog (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 03, 2023, 08:31:33 PM
Merited by 1miau (1)

You should ask someone to check who has some experience or you can trust.
As said before: the translation in question wasn't checked because previous translations of the same translator have been checked so I assumed the translation was a legitimate one.

The idea is good and not only him but many other board members will also be able to look at it and provide their opinion. This way only the best translators will get recognition and spammers will try to stay out of this. I worked with a blogsite before where I did translations in our native language so i also have the skill of a translator and i am sure there are a few others on our local board who also have expertise in this category. You will get at least 5 to 6 expert proofreaders.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
1miau
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 02:18:25 AM

I guess that will be too much work for you. Once the translation is ready, all you can do is forward the translation link to someone like Little Mouse or experienced users of some specific local board (I don't consider myself an expert yet) and ask them to check. I guess most users would like to help you by checking these translations. I am not saying this for our Bengali thread only. You can do the same for other local languages as well. I guess every local board/thread has some well-reputed members like LM. I guess they won't disappoint you. You can avoid the hassle just by sending a private message to them.
I'm currently doing it like this, where I'm PMing certain members from each local board to make a quick check if necessary.
Another strategy could be for local members to report abusers in our Reputation section.

This way only the best translators will get recognition and spammers will try to stay out of this. I worked with a blogsite before where I did translations in our native language so i also have the skill of a translator and i am sure there are a few others on our local board who also have expertise in this category. You will get at least 5 to 6 expert proofreaders.
Yes, good point as well.
In case bad translations will continue to be an issue, please give a quick reminder here and I might set up such a topic.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 308
Merit: 315

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 03:59:32 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2023, 04:17:50 AM by DYING_S0UL
Merited by 1miau (1)

I'm currently doing it like this, where I'm PMing certain members from each local board to make a quick check if necessary.
Another strategy could be for local members to report abusers in our Reputation section.

Even a month ago, everything was fine. Some users saw that translation can be weaponized to earn merits to rank up easily. That's why they started translating with Google Translator. I assume they thought you wouldn't notice, as you did not have any idea about our language. The fact that they were abusing the system really disturbed some of us. I issued several warnings and reports. Some deleted their AI translation, some didn't. One guy made a post saying what my problem was with him and his translation, even though I showed everyone he has been using Google for the whole translation. Not using a single word of his own. Lastly, DVlog's post was able to stop them from abusing.

This way only the best translators will get recognition and spammers will try to stay out of this. I worked with a blogsite before where I did translations in our native language so i also have the skill of a translator and i am sure there are a few others on our local board who also have expertise in this category. You will get at least 5 to 6 expert proofreaders.
Yes, good point as well.
In case bad translations will continue to be an issue, please give a quick reminder here and I might set up such a topic.  Smiley

Just like the AOBT thread, you can make another thread dedicated to those who checks the quality of a translation. To verify the authenticity of their translation. For every language, 3–4 reputed users should be sufficient, in case some are busy. You know? Like some sort of a gang. Wink

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
Shishir99

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 03:07:54 PM

After all these topics regarding which boards we need, we have already seen Requesting for a Bengali translation and Press release sub board and Request for a board of made-up stories by Poker Player. @DVlog, you should step up and create an application thread and the title should be Request for a board to Congratulate ranked up members (Dedicated to Bengali only). It's ridiculous how our locals jump up to congratulate others with the hope that they will get some merits. A total of eight members congratulated a guy because he ranked up even though I believe these are not eight different people. Max three people controlling these eight accounts.
DVlog (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 03:15:50 PM

After all these topics regarding which boards we need, we have already seen Requesting for a Bengali translation and Press release sub board and Request for a board of made-up stories by Poker Player. @DVlog, you should step up and create an application thread and the title should be Request for a board to Congratulate ranked up members (Dedicated to Bengali only). It's ridiculous how our locals jump up to congratulate others with the hope that they will get some merits. A total of eight members congratulated a guy because he ranked up even though I believe these are not eight different people. Max three people controlling these eight accounts.

I already suspect this and even criticize it on our local board. This guy will reveal their true color one day for sure. We already have some eagle eyes in the forum so what they are doing will be caught eventually one by one. I also saw how these accounts were circulating merit from one account to another. So if somehow one of them got a merit from the global board these people would earn them eight merits by circulating them through all of these eight accounts. 

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Shishir99

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 03:34:50 PM

I already suspect this and even criticize it on our local board. This guy will reveal their true color one day for sure. We already have some eagle eyes in the forum so what they are doing will be caught eventually one by one. I also saw how these accounts were circulating merit from one account to another. So if somehow one of them got a merit from the global board these people would earn them eight merits by circulating them through all of these eight accounts. 

The problem is, that we don't want to ruin others' reputations. But if they take this chance and utilize it in a bad way, this is not going to be good for them or for the local community. There are some genuine users and genuine users feel like they are writing a useless post because they see that shit posts getting merited in front of their eyes while genuine users only watch them. We always want to give them the benefit of doubts but now they are using it.
1miau
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 08:26:36 PM

Even a month ago, everything was fine. Some users saw that translation can be weaponized to earn merits to rank up easily. That's why they started translating with Google Translator. I assume they thought you wouldn't notice, as you did not have any idea about our language. The fact that they were abusing the system really disturbed some of us. I issued several warnings and reports. Some deleted their AI translation, some didn't.
If there's abuse ongoing and you have proof, feel free to open a topic in Meta / Reputation about it and present your proof. I'll review your reports and if other members from your local board agree to your report, I might issue a translation ban for certain members or even leave a trust feedback.

Just like the AOBT thread, you can make another thread dedicated to those who checks the quality of a translation. To verify the authenticity of their translation. For every language, 3–4 reputed users should be sufficient, in case some are busy. You know? Like some sort of a gang. Wink
Alright, I'll try to create a topic to weed out bad translations, where everyone can contribute his 2 cents.
I've just received a bunch of new requests, so I'll list all of them in my new topic. I would start next week to create that topic and will link it here as well, of course.
Everyone would be invited as well to report bad translations from his local board.  Smiley

The problem is, that we don't want to ruin others' reputations.
If it's a bad translation and several members from your local board agree, that it's a bad translation, the translator is to blame because he didn't provide a quality translation.
So, no worry to "ruin" someone's reputation, all they need is to provide a quality translation.  Smiley
I'm sure we'll find a good solution, where abusers are caught and quality translators get rewarded.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 308
Merit: 315

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 09:01:57 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2023, 09:50:54 PM by DYING_S0UL
Merited by 1miau (1)

If there's abuse ongoing and you have proof, feel free to open a topic in Meta / Reputation about it and present your proof. I'll review your reports and if other members from your local board agree to your report, I might issue a translation ban for certain members or even leave a trust feedback.

I did gave him a warning, though. And the next day, he deleted his translation. It's still in the archive, but I see no reason to bring it up. If he does it again, I'll report it on the reputation board this time.

Just like the AOBT thread, you can make another thread dedicated to those who checks the quality of a translation. To verify the authenticity of their translation. For every language, 3–4 reputed users should be sufficient, in case some are busy. You know? Like some sort of a gang. Wink
Alright, I'll try to create a topic to weed out bad translations, where everyone can contribute his 2 cents.
I've just received a bunch of new requests, so I'll list all of them in my new topic. I would start next week to create that topic and will link it here as well, of course.
Everyone would be invited as well to report bad translations from his local board.  Smiley
Great initiative 1miau. Best of luck.  Wink

The problem is, that we don't want to ruin others' reputations. But if they take this chance and utilize it in a bad way, this is not going to be good for them or for the local community. There are some genuine users and genuine users feel like they are writing a useless post because they see that shit posts getting merited in front of their eyes while genuine users only watch them. We always want to give them the benefit of doubts but now they are using it.

Here is a little example. Every sMerit was distributed in the local thread. Not even a single sMerit on the global board. All these merits are cycling in local threads, creating a farming network. Even if one or two sMerits got out of the local thread, they ended up with local members. I didn't mentioned any user's name, but I'm sure you guys already know these users. I immediately stopped sending out my sMerits after realizing this. Although there is no evidence of any kind abuse, but I know you guys can feel that something is wrong/fishy.

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
Shishir99

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2023, 12:45:00 PM

This is the only problem. we do not have proof to connect the alt account but it's obvious who owns which account.

Here is a little example. Every sMerit was distributed in the local thread. Not even a single sMerit on the global board. All these merits are cycling in local threads, creating a farming network. Even if one or two sMerits got out of the local thread, they ended up with local members. I didn't mentioned any user's name, but I'm sure you guys already know these users. I immediately stopped sending out my sMerits after realizing this. Although there is no evidence of any kind abuse, but I know you guys can feel that something is wrong/fishy.

There is no problem if someone decides to spend all his earned merits in his local thread. The problem is in which post did you spend it and who was the receiver? Do you see any prominent members name in this list except for one or max two? I don't really want to discuss these things because it will make our locals look very very bad. I will refrain myself commenting on this matter from now. But if I can connect the them, I will tag them first and then let everyone know.
1miau
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2023, 10:19:23 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2023, 10:58:52 PM by 1miau

I did gave him a warning, though. And the next day, he deleted his translation.
May I ask who did this?
You can also send me a PM, if you don't want to reply here.  Smiley

This is the only problem. we do not have proof to connect the alt account but it's obvious who owns which account.
Yes, it's difficult to prove. But we can watch these account and when they try to enroll in a campaign, we can try to connect their wallets due to Blockchain analysis and give out appropriate trust, if there's abuse ongoing like joining the same campaign with multiple accounts.  Wink

@everyone
I'm getting bombarded with translation requests today, really doesn't look legitimate and therefore I've locked all of my topics for now to ensure all translations are good quality.
I'll set up a topic like discussed above in Meta or in Reputation, where everyone can give his 2 cents about a translation and only in case several DT members from each local board in question will approve it, I'll give out a reward and add these approved translations to my list.
Low quality will be rejected.
Massive and / or repeated abuse due to low quality translations might lead to a trust entry.

I'll link my topic here, when I'm ready but could take a while, probably early next week.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2023, 09:38:15 AM

@everyone
I'm getting bombarded with translation requests today, really doesn't look legitimate and therefore I've locked all of my topics for now to ensure all translations are good quality.
I'll set up a topic like discussed above in Meta or in Reputation, where everyone can give his 2 cents about a translation and only in case several DT members from each local board in question will approve it, I'll give out a reward and add these approved translations to my list.
Massive and / or repeated abuse due to low quality translations might lead to a trust entry.

I'll link my topic here, when I'm ready but could take a while, probably early next week.  Smiley
You should make a thread. Where not only your post everyone who have the posts which deserves translations and much have information which help others can be applied for translation.

Or make a code where a member can apply with a post link (not only your posts) and with his/her rank and the language in which he/she will translate.

One more thing I will recommend only accept Full Member or above ranks this will also reduce the fraudulent activities and rush of applications.

This is just a suggestion others may disagree. Or give more suggestions.   😉

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GazetaBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 6540

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 10:48:42 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2023, 01:00:29 PM by GazetaBitcoin
Merited by 1miau (4), DYING_S0UL (2), sokani (1)

I think GazetaBitcoin has a good understanding of who can translate correctly and who is just looking for a good translator to avoid detection. Grin

Hehe, thanks for mentioning me here, lovesmayfamilis! But I am not sure why I've been mentioned though Oo I see it's a topic mentioning some poor translations and a spam from Bengali board -- which I am aware of but, other than that, I have really no idea why you mentioned me.

However, since I am making this post, I would like to share a few things about my perspective about translations of my threads.

As some of you may know, I have a topic containing my most important essays, which I wanted to have translated in other languages. So far my writings were translated 113 times, in 11 languages.

During time, I came to the conclusion to not collaborate with users of low ranks. They have no idea what they're doing and they are looking only for merits and they do very ridiculous translations, using automated translating tools. Usually, I am not collaborating with ranks lower than Full Member. I gave the chance to a few ones with lower ranks and I was very disappointed, thus I rejected their translations.

DYING_S0UL is, perhaps, the only exception, as I collaborated with him since he had only the Member rank. He also made some mistakes at beginning but then he understood my standards and he followed them precisely. I was really impressed by him, as he did all the translations from a phone (!!!), because he does not have a computer. I really don't know how he managed to do them. I was determined after I saw his first translation to never collaborate with him again, as he irritated me a lot when he sent me all the content without any text formatting, without the header which I always ask for etc (now I'm smiling while writing these) -- but after that he corrected everything and all his other translations were exemplary. He followed precisely all my corrective feedback and I can say that I was amazed by the way he acted since then.

And, speaking about my standards, I can say that they are not high, but very high. Those which collaborated with me can confirm this. Look, for example, at all translations of my topics and observe how that header is the same for each translation. For each translation I request a preview before being published. The translator can publish it only after my approval. If he does this in a different manner our collaboration is over. When I inspect the translation I check precisely all text formatting, to match the original. The translators I worked with can confirm how many times I told them to use Italic font here, a comma there, to delete an extra space and so on. All translations of my topics follow precisely the original text format. Regarding the content, in most of occasions I checked it with users natives in the respective languages, which I trusted and / or which collaborated with me previously, thus I knew they could grant if a translation was good or not.

Merit-wise, I sent amounts between 4 and 15 merits for the translations. Most of them received 5 merits. I only awarded more merits to 2 topics of mine which are huge, and only if I was very pleased about the translation and also only if I had sMerits left. Since I am not a Merit Source I could not send bigger amounts for the translations, although I wished I could do it in some cases.

Besides, I translated more than 50 essays, the most important being the official white paper of Bitcoin, which is now posted on bitcoin.org. When I translated topics made by other users I also mentioned to them all the typos and errors I found in their original text, together with some suggestions of mine, including rephrasing of some parts. Practically I offered free proofreading for all the topics I translated. 1miau and fillippone, for example, can confirm that.

What I'm trying to say is that I always took this activity very seriously, either if I was the translator or if someone translated my essays. My zero-tolerance for spam avoided any translation spam generated by my posts.

I hope this post help the other users which want to have their topics translated in foreign languages and also those which are willing to perform translations.

Do you know what's frustrating? Not being recognized for your work. That's the main problem with our local thread. I have done multiple translations for Gazeta. And every time, it took more than 10 days. And unfortunately, all my translation got buried in previous pages. Four, five posts, and your posts get buried. That's what makes me sad. The whole point was to spread awareness of the topic I translated.

You can make a portfolio with your translation, similar to this one. There you'll have all your translations listed and not buried by other posts.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15445

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2023, 12:20:16 PM

@everyone

Same here.
I answered one of those requests here , but I didn’t come to the same drastic conclusion. I tend to believe it is only an inexperienced user, rather than a deliberate attack but of course this particular user made every possible effort trying to be annoying. 

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Shishir99

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2023, 12:37:06 PM

@everyone

Same here.
I answered one of those requests here , but I didn’t come to the same drastic conclusion. I tend to believe it is only an inexperienced user, rather than a deliberate attack but of course this particular user made every possible effort trying to be annoying. 

These users trying to abuse it. Since you guys do not understand their native language, they are using this as a chance to trick you guys and lure some merits. The topics should not be translated just for merits but the translator should understand what they are writing and the importance of the topic. Good to see you guys understand that something is not right.

How it will be if you guys set a rule like invites only? All of you guys know some members who have translated your topics and you can invite them to translate if you create new content. I have seen this invite only system in a signature campaign.  Cheesy
1miau
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2023, 11:40:24 PM

@everyone

You should make a thread.
I will make one, I've already stated it here:

Having a bit patience won't hurt!

Where not only your post everyone who have the posts which deserves translations and much have information which help others can be applied for translation.
Or make a code where a member can apply with a post link (not only your posts) and with his/her rank and the language in which he/she will translate.
I'm not intending to have all of my topics translated. Everyone should read them and if they deem, it's a nice article for a translation, they can request it in each topic.
I might add further rules, if there's abuse happening or might reject translations of course, after local board members confirm here that it's a low-quality translation. We need high-quality translations, so by providing low-quality translations, no one is doing anyone a favor.
Because like in fillippone's topic, applicants for translations should know some basics like avoiding pyramid quotes, reading the topic before applying and then, they would have seen that the topic was already translated etc.

One more thing I will recommend only accept Full Member or above ranks this will also reduce the fraudulent activities and rush of applications.
For now, we will just check each translation if it's a fraudulent one and if so, it'll get rejected and possibly a DT tag as well. Easy job to get rid of abusers.  Smiley

@everyone
I tend to believe it is only an inexperienced user, rather than a deliberate attack but of course this particular user made every possible effort trying to be annoying. 
Most likely yes, most translations are legitimate ones and I believe a good translation also deserves a reward, so we are going to check each translation in detail, at least for new translators. We might skip to check proven translators or only check translations on a case to case basis and local board members can also report fraudulent translations in that topic.
Doing so will probably reduce fraudulent translations by 95%, which should be fine already.
You could request checks for your translation in my new topic as well.  Smiley

Same here.

These users trying to abuse it. Since you guys do not understand their native language, they are using this as a chance to trick you guys and lure some merits. The topics should not be translated just for merits but the translator should understand what they are writing and the importance of the topic. Good to see you guys understand that something is not right.
So far, at least for my recent translations, there wasn't any abuse happening as I've checked them by local board members via request.
And all of the recent translations haven't received any reward or in case it needs an improvement, the translators are willing to improve their translations.
Outright fraudulent translations would have been spotted + rejected.

How it will be if you guys set a rule like invites only? All of you guys know some members who have translated your topics and you can invite them to translate if you create new content. I have seen this invite only system in a signature campaign.  Cheesy
I believe the problem are rewards here. Fraudulent translations won't get any reward but instead offering the risk to catch a (negative) tag. And the translation would be up for translation again. That should be incentive enough to prevent abuse.
I would like to give everyone an opportunity to do a translation and simply checking each translation by local board members seems to be the easiest way to confirm it.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 122

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 13, 2023, 01:23:59 AM

I'm a normal user so my words won't be that useful. If you like what I say, give it some thought. Translation is not bad, you can learn a lot in your native language by translating (because not everyone can be proficient in English). Because there is no end to human learning?, so all the local boards that have bad comments about the translation, ban the translation on those boards. Also make translation free on other native boards that would be the best strategy/justice.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: