Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Careful scammers and hackers using mail spoofing  (Read 231 times)
goxcraft

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 07:22:27 PM

I prefer to use a separate computer/phone for sensitive data so that I avoid downloading any software on that computer and be careful to only visit sites I trust.

Yeah, one shouldn't use his main device for such thing. I use sandbox, virtual machine and other software whenever I'm unsure of a link or anything. It separates my main device from any kind of attacks. As a precaution, I use multiple device and always keeping backup of my data in many places. With all that, I doubt I have enough security.

OP, can you share some screenshots of the email you got? So that we can know how it looks like.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abu-Naim

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2023, 08:05:51 PM

I completely agree with you about being cautious when it comes to emails claiming that you have won Bitcoin or other rewards. These are often phishing scams attempting to trick individuals into revealing personal information or clicking on harmful links. Deleting such emails is the right thing to do.

It's unfortunate that many people have fallen victim to these types of scams. Sharing your experiences and education on avoiding scams can indeed be helpful for newcomers and others who may not be familiar with the risks. By raising awareness and promoting safe online practices, we can collectively work towards reducing the number of people affected by these scams.

always be cautious with your personal information online and continually stay informed about potential threats.   

It is good to be careful and avoid this type of scams, but can we completely avoid them?
Scammers are always doing more research to create more ways to scam people through emails. I think the best thing to do if you want to be free and have less worries about these type of phishing scams is to avoid sharing any of your sensitive information in your emails, or stop saving anything important related to cryptocurrency in the  email.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Belarge

Activity: 406
Merit: 80

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 08:34:16 AM

It is good to be careful and avoid this type of scams, but can we completely avoid them?
Scammers are always doing more research to create more ways to scam people through emails. I think the best thing to do if you want to be free and have less worries about these type of phishing scams is to avoid sharing any of your sensitive information in your emails, or stop saving anything important related to cryptocurrency in the  email.
We can not permanently avoid scam but it can be done temporarily  because fraudulent activities are everywhere in the market. Though in the modern day, scamming have upgraded their styles and levels, this time they're using phishing mails to grab the attention of people, this type of scamming method is mostly concentrated on traders in the crypto space. We should put an end of saving and receiving unnecessary mails in our message box, taking precautionary measures not to be in a hurry to click any mails sent to us anonymously. Internet fraudsters carry out drastic measures to lure their online victims and they won't stop at any course.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4281

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 09:25:48 AM

It always becomes a mystery to me how people receive such letters. Secondly, I never check my mail; if I need to use mail, then I don’t read what was sent to me earlier.
Firstly, because my created emails are quite difficult to select by login, I never agree with Google’s proposal (for example) to create a login but come up with it myself, as is the case with my nickname on the forum. It may look wrong, but such logins are quite complicated for sending spam—as are different emails for different things. If the mail is intended for registration in those places that are not important to me, then it is completely unnecessary to read the letters that come to it.
Besides all this, what data about you might be on the Internet? If you post evidence of your documents and photos here and there, you already agree that this data may be available to third parties. What's there to worry about, then? It’s even more ridiculous to pay someone else for something.
There is no need to be naive.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AYOBA

Activity: 266
Merit: 140

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:19:25 AM

for sure lots of people have been a victim of this, a few years back one of my clients has also been a victim of ransomware, and emails saying they have your data, so be very careful about what you do, and never communicate with them as much as possible.
Who among you also received this kind of scam and tricks what did you do, we could also educate new comers so that they will not fall victim to this kind of scam and hacking.

Since scammers are now constantly conducting extensive investigation, it is not the case that people should store their essentials inside emails, since scammers are becoming more and more common in all fields. Again we should refrain from logging into any of our mail accounts on a defference device since occasionally we may use a friend's or brother's phone and log in, and forgetting to log out. Sadly, they have the ability to hack email addresses. As a result, your friend's phone can find up in the hands of someone else.

Lida93

Activity: 742
Merit: 522

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 12:12:25 PM

Yesterday I received email from my own email saying that he/she has monitored every keystore and all the information about me is all gathered
he has sent me a Bitcoin address and told me that if I did not send any money in the form of Bitcoin he would expose my data has anyone received this kind of email?
What will you do?

• For me the very first thing that I would do is change my email address password because even though it's not true, we should always update it maybe 2-3 times a month or what you prefer.
  • Also do a deep scan of your computer, but we should run daily scans if you really want, since sometimes we attach thumb drives coming from outside or download files, like freeware, which has a load of malware on it.
  • Also avoid entertaining emails that say you have won part of BTC and saying you have to click the link,. never ever do that delete that immediately I have received lots of emails like this be careful.

for sure lots of people have been a victim of this, a few years back one of my clients has also been a victim of ransomware, and emails saying they have your data, so be very careful about what you do, and never communicate with them as much as possible.
Who among you also received this kind of scam and tricks what did you do, we could also educate new comers so that they will not fall victim to this kind of scam and hacking.

wow, things are happening hackers are coming up with different techniques everyday just that I haven't gotten this sort of trick on me, and am sure it wouldn't work on me.

I'll just ask you to go ahead and expose the data you claim to have with you. Since they claim to have it what's the assurance that they won't continuously use it in blackmailing me each time they ran out of funds. So the best way is to go tough too by asking them to reveal it that's the only way you'll know if they're bluffing or not. And even if they're not I don't give a fuck. If I pay any ransom today , tomorrow they will sk for more and it won't end there, keeps going on and on. Don't negotiate with thieves, they're greedy people and never satisfied

As for changing of passwords now and then, I feel that's stressful and can get you confusing. I have a strong password and that suffix me stead of jumping from one weak password to another.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Truthlovecoins

Activity: 100
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 01:32:58 PM

For ages now, although I wouldn't consider myself a computer wizard, to protect against such scam mails, there's the need to set up or activate the spam folder or spam section so as one doesn't open such mails unknowingly and fall victim to their cause.

I couldn't agree more with the fact that not replying such mails is the best way to ignore and silence the activities of the scammers and most importantly is to not click on ads or visit sites that don't have good email sources.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3630

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 02:08:01 PM

Yesterday I received email from my own email saying that he/she has monitored every keystore and all the information about me is all gathered
he has sent me a Bitcoin address and told me that if I did not send any money in the form of Bitcoin he would expose my data has anyone received this kind of email?

Aren't you supposed to research how he gained access to the keystore, or at least encrypt your data in a separate, open source, offline place? It is true that such scammers try to steal your money by claiming that they know data that no one knows but them, but they are liars.
Try as much as possible not to publish your personal email and information publicly.

Also be careful with any keyboard software, it collects a lot of data.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Alpha Marine

Activity: 532
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 03:26:45 PM

Aside from not clicking on phishing links, and being careful with our passwords and emails, we should be careful with the kind of things we download or install into our devices.
I've seen people who download and use a different kind of keyboard software from the phone that comes with their phone. These keyboards have access to everything you type which includes passwords and every other personal details.

Also, check for what you grant permission to on your device.
For example, you'll see an app that tells the weather has permission to read your messages, what for exactly?

In theory that is the best option but if you do that i recomend you to use a password manager that can be sincronized between devices because it can be dificult to track every password that you use.

So what happens when hackers somehow gain access to that password manager? That has made you very vulnerable.
Trusting a third-party app is never a good idea.
Yeah, I know they're probably more secure, but they're human too and they can make errors and that error can lead to hackers gaining access to their system.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
albert0bsd

Activity: 850
Merit: 660

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 04:32:43 PM

So what happens when hackers somehow gain access to that password manager? That has made you very vulnerable.
Trusting a third-party app is never a good idea.

The files are encrypted with GPG and those can only be decrypted with my private key (I already tested it) , the private key that is also encrypted with a master password, the password manager is open source, I already checked the code and there is nothing suspicious on it.

The security of this is that the GPG code is also opensource, and it is widely tested over time.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 09:02:52 AM

If the hacker has your keystroke then he doesn't really need your permission to access the funds.

You are not the only one who received such threats I received those kinds of emails, messages, and even calls and sometimes they claimed that they even got access to my sensitive data and threatened to expose it to the contacts list but I simply ignored all their demands and they tried few times and then vanished so they got nothing other than email and trying to milk something from you.

If you still not comfortable then take legal action by filing a complaint so the person who threatens you will be in danger if something happens to you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1285

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 01:00:45 PM

There are many tips and they cannot be limited to three points that I can add
  • Use two-factor authentication with a device that is not and will not be connected to the Internet.
  • Do not post your address publicly.
  • Do not download any application you do not know or visit websites you do not know.
  • I was always skeptical and looked for the source of the email.
  • Use open source security tools. The less software, the better.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 28, 2023, 10:24:52 AM
Merited by lovesmayfamilis (1)

Yesterday I received email from my own email saying that he/she has monitored every keystore and all the information about me is all gathered he has sent me a Bitcoin address and told me that if I did not send any money in the form of Bitcoin he would expose my data has anyone received this kind of email?
What will you do?
That's some cheap blackmail from some cheap con artist(s). I would do nothing if I got such a mail because that's an empty threat. If they actually had your stuff as claimed, you think the ratard wouldn't have hacked you long before you got that mail? For all I know, it's a randomly sent mail. I won't even bother changing anything except blocking the retard if I want.

Secondly, I never check my mail; if I need to use mail, then I don’t read what was sent to me earlier.
This just broke my heart. So, it means you will never get to read my outpouring of love gesture if I eventually muster the courage to do a mail outside this forum then? I'm inconsolable 😭

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██