Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:26:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some world maps for Bitcoiners  (Read 396 times)
Catenaccio (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 01:38:57 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2023, 07:30:38 AM by Catenaccio
Merited by DdmrDdmr (4), Husna QA (2), odolvlobo (1), SFR10 (1), paid2 (1)

There are some global maps that are helpful for Bitcoiners:

Bitcoin Mining map (Cambridge Universtity)
Bitcoin Mining map (worldpopulationreview.com)
Bitcoin Reachable Nodes Map
Bitcoin Nodes Map (newhedge.io)
Bitcoin Lightning Nodes Map
Central Bank Digital Currency map (3 websites)
Cryptocurrency Regulation map
Cryptocurrency Legality map (newhedge.io)
Cryptocurrency Legality map (coin.dance)
Cryptocurrency Legality map (atlanticcouncil.org)
World Government Bond map
Cryptocurrency Adoption Index map
Cryptocurrency Search Interest by country map
Bitcoin ATM Map
Crypto ATMs & Merchants Map
Gold Reserves by Country Map
Inflation by Country Map

Bitcoin Mining Map (Cambridge Universtity)
back to table of contents
It's from Cambridge Universtity. This map has its last update in January 2022. You can download data in CSV format.
Get it at https://ccaf.io/cbnsi/cbeci/mining_map
To move between months, you can use the drop-down menu or the previous and the next buttons in the control panel on the left

Bitcoin Mining map (worldpopulationreview.com)
Get it at https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/bitcoin-mining-by-country
Hover over a country for details. For example, the USA. has 37.84% network hash rate share as of writing.
You can download data in CSV or JSON format.
Country    Monthly Hashrate Share
United States   37.84
China   21.11
Kazakhstan   13.22
Canada   6.48
Russia   4.66
Germany   3.06
Malaysia   2.51
Ireland   1.97
Thailand   0.96
Sweden   0.84
Norway   0.74
Australia   0.36
Indonesia   0.35
Brazil   0.33
Japan   0.23
United Kingdom   0.23
Georgia   0.23
France   0.21
Netherlands   0.21
Ukraine   0.15
Paraguay   0.15
Libya   0.14
Iran   0.12
Mexico   0.11
Italy   0.11
Romania   0.09
South Korea   0.07
Argentina   0.06
Uzbekistan   0.05
Greece   0.05
Vietnam   0.04
Turkey   0.04
Mongolia   0.04
India   0.03
Hungary   0.03
Switzerland   0.03
Serbia   0.03
Estonia   0.03
Egypt   0.02
Spain   0.02
Poland   0.02
Tajikistan   0.02
Belarus   0.02
Finland   0.02
South Africa   0.01
Colombia   0.01
Saudi Arabia   0.01
Angola   0.01
Belgium   0.01
Azerbaijan   0.01
Portugal   0.01
United Arab Emirates   0.01
Austria   0.01
Bulgaria   0.01
Oman   0.01
Croatia   0.01
Uruguay   0.01
Armenia   0.01

Get it at https://bitnodes.io/

Bitcoin Nodes Map (newhedge.io)
Get it at https://newhedge.io/terminal/bitcoin/node-map
Hovering over a country to see total nodes hosted in that nation.

Get it at https://mempool.space/graphs/lightning/nodes-map

Central Bank Digital Currency Tracker Map
There are 3 websites to get CBDC map

cbdctracker.org

Atlanticcouncil.org/cbdctracker

cbdctalks.com

Cryptocurrency Regulation Map
Get it at https://complyadvantage.com/insights/cryptocurrency-regulations-around-world/

Cryptocurrency Legality Map (newhedge.io)
Get it at https://newhedge.io/terminal/bitcoin/legality-map

Cryptocurrency Legality Map (coin.dance)
Get it at https://coin.dance/poli/legality.
You can get more information by countries from legality status to support breakdown at https://coin.dance/poli

Cryptocurrency Legality map (atlanticcouncil.org)
Get it at https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/programs/geoeconomics-center/cryptoregulationtracker/.
Click on each country to see details or use the search box to get it. It has a summary table and the role of global governance institutions.

World Government Bonds
Get it at worldgovernmentbonds.com and pay your attention on Inverted Yield Curve.
More details are in the topic: World Government Bonds, Yields and Inverted Yields

Cryptocurrency Search Interest by Country Map
Get it at https://www.blockchaincenter.net/cryptocurrency-world-map/ and you will have some tables with more details. Unfortunately, it was not updated since 2021.

Cryptocurrency Adoption Index map
Get it at https://www.chainalysis.com/blog/2023-global-crypto-adoption-index/

Bitcoin ATM Map
Get it at https://coinatmradar.com/

Crypto ATMs & Merchants map
Get it at https://coinmap.org/

Gold Reserves by Country Map
Get it at https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/gold-reserves-by-country/#map
You can click on a country on the map to get detail or scroll down and choose a nation from the list.

Inflation by Country Map
Get it at https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/inflation-by-country/
You can click on a country on the map to get detail or scroll down and choose a nation from the list.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doan9269

Activity: 868
Merit: 576

View Profile
October 27, 2023, 08:35:38 AM
Merited by Husna QA (1)

You have done well in making such research about cryptocurrency maps, i have some little observations concerning your post, you could have added more energy vy taking your own time in making an explanation on some of the images you posted, some have their details on it while some have nothing to display and you didn't explain some things to know about the map, which just means you also have less or no idea about the interpretation of those maps, posting their images alone is just like an unfinished work to me, you can try to improve more better next time, but you made a nice attempts to offer something.
Husna QA
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 2860

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 12:47:54 PM
Merited by Catenaccio (1)

There are some global maps that are helpful for Bitcoiners.
-snip-

Apart from adding an explanation of each map, as suggested by Doan9269, maybe you could also create an index at the beginning of the post to make it easier to navigate to each subtitle.
Below, I will give an example. Please improvise yourself for other sub-titles.

Bitcoin Mining map
-snip-

Bitcoin Mining Map
-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Code:
[anchor=index]There are some global maps that are helpful for Bitcoiners:[/anchor]

• [iurl=#mining_map]Bitcoin Mining map[/iurl]
• [iurl=#nodes_map]Bitcoin Reachable Nodes Map[/iurl]
• [iurl=#lightning_nodes_map]Bitcoin Lightning Nodes Map[/iurl]

[anchor=mining_map][b][size=13pt]Bitcoin Mining Map[/size][/b][/anchor]
[iurl=#index][size=7pt]back to table of contents[/size][/iurl]

[anchor=nodes_map][b][size=13pt]Bitcoin Reachable Nodes Map[/size][/b][/anchor]

[anchor=lightning_nodes_map][b][size=13pt]Bitcoin Lightning Nodes Map[/size][/b][/anchor]

paid2

Activity: 686
Merit: 2050

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 07:17:45 PM

Interesting topic!  Smiley

Bitcoin Mining Map
It's from Cambridge Universtity.
Get it at https://ccaf.io/cbnsi/cbeci/mining_map

However, this map was not updated since January 2022, and data are now wrong.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2023, 08:13:47 PM

You have done well in making such research about cryptocurrency maps, i have some little observations concerning your post, you could have added more energy vy taking your own time in making an explanation on some of the images you posted, some have their details on it while some have nothing to display and you didn't explain some things to know about the map, which just means you also have less or no idea about the interpretation of those maps, posting their images alone is just like an unfinished work to me, you can try to improve more better next time, but you made a nice attempts to offer something.
You are right, but I think the reason might be the length here, If he starts to write about each and every map even in short, the post would increase and might also hit the limit but that's not possible for the OP in this case. Overall, I was also expecting some explanation from the OP but he did not give any so why don't we discuss it here?

For example in the Cryptocurrency Legality map it only talks about big countries, while leaving the developing countries, I mean to say, it does not say anything about developing countries in the map picture while it does have some statements about those countries in the details they have provided on there websites.

And to be very honest, I came to know about "Bitcoin Reachable Nodes Map" a few days ago, I did not think, there is a website that tells you about the total number of nodes and even country-wise. I don't know how they verified them because if the website gathered data on them then that's against the anonymity of those nodes if they cared about it.

Catenaccio (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2023, 02:53:46 AM

Thank you. I updated OP with anchor as you guided me and added two new maps for Bitcoin mining hash rate shares and Bitcoin nodes.

Husna QA
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2023, 04:22:28 AM

Thank you. I updated OP with anchor as you guided me and added two new maps for Bitcoin mining hash rate shares and Bitcoin nodes.

I'm glad you can understand and apply the above example to create an index for the posts.

-snip-
You are right, but I think the reason might be the length here, If he starts to write about each and every map even in short, the post would increase and might also hit the limit but that's not possible for the OP in this case. -snip-

For comparison, when I was still a Jr. Member, I once created the following thread: [Tutorial] PGP/GPG Signed Message - Public Key (around 25000 characters with spaces). If you look at the OP's post about the world map for Bitcoiners (about 6500 characters with spaces), it is still possible to add a brief description of the maps.

Doan9269

Activity: 868
Merit: 576

View Profile
October 28, 2023, 10:35:18 AM

You're doing well and atleast, this shows that you're definitely keeping to learning amd you don't feel unapproachable, like it has been said by everyone and contributed to you, permit me as well to render an additional suggestion for you OP in case of next time, while posting images, you can as well as edit the image size in other to be able to achieve uniformity, post like three images together then write some discussions about them under that category and there you do more as well for the subsequent ones, this will make your work neat and well understandable.

You can learn more from posting images here.

[Tutorial] How to add image, resize image and make image clickable
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2958771
Catenaccio (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2023, 11:28:31 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2023, 11:41:08 AM by Catenaccio

You can learn more from posting images here.

[Tutorial] How to add image, resize image and make image clickable
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2958771
Thanks. I learned about it and practiced with width already. I thought those images are good enough with my width. I knew some images are bigger than perfect width but I did not want to use smaller width because I would like to have an universal width for all map images.

However, this map was not updated since January 2022, and data are now wrong.
I forgot to note it. Thanks.

Hope the team from Cambridge Uni will update the map as recentoy they updated their methodology for their estimation on Bitcoin Mining Energy Consumption.

Bitcoin electricity consumption: an improved assessment

For example in the Cryptocurrency Legality map it only talks about big countries, while leaving the developing countries, I mean to say, it does not say anything about developing countries in the map picture while it does have some statements about those countries in the details they have provided on there websites.
I see many developing countries in the map and table with some descriptions for big and small country legality status. Did you miss something on the site?

Click on Unknown, Legal, Legal tender, Alegal, Illegal if you only want to find countries in one legal type. If you choose Legal Tender, you will see only two nations hightlighted on the map, other nations will be muted.

Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2023, 01:34:27 PM
Merited by Husna QA (1)

For comparison, when I was still a Jr. Member, I once created the following thread: [Tutorial] PGP/GPG Signed Message - Public Key (around 25000 characters with spaces). If you look at the OP's post about the world map for Bitcoiners (about 6500 characters with spaces), it is still possible to add a brief description of the maps.
Thanks for shedding some light on it but I was aware of it already and the total characters that a post can hold are almost 65,535 and it is different for another language (you can learn about it from this post -->There are any words limitations rather than English language ? by shahzadafzal)

The thing is, I already mentioned in my reply that
the post would increase and might also hit the limit but that's not possible for the OP in this case
the bolded part. This means, that the word limit should not be a problem for OP here as his post no doubt looks big due to pictures but there was still space to add 59,035 characters so it should not be a problem for OP.

Husna QA
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2023, 03:27:25 AM

-snip-
Thanks for shedding some light on it but I was aware of it already and the total characters that a post can hold are almost 65,535 and it is different for another language (you can learn about it from this post -->There are any words limitations rather than English language ? by shahzadafzal)

As I understand it, what is being discussed is more about the characters used in languages with different characters from English, such as Arabic, Urdu, and Russian, where the number of bytes produced differs from the letter/number characters in English. Meanwhile, Indonesian is no different from English in using letters and numbers.

The thing is, I already mentioned in my reply that
the post would increase and might also hit the limit but that's not possible for the OP in this case
the bolded part. This means, that the word limit should not be a problem for OP here as his post no doubt looks big due to pictures but there was still space to add 59,035 characters so it should not be a problem for OP.

I have also read that sentence in your previous post. Similar to what you said, the OP's thread has a lot of image content, and if quoted, the characters he uses are few, and there's still quite a lot of space, even if he wanted to add descriptions for each map that is the thread's topic.

Therefore, I tried to compare it with one of the threads that I made.

Zigabel

Activity: 238
Merit: 152

Duelbits.com

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 07:50:53 AM

This a very helpful and useful post I must commend and it's aswell educative as I have got to learn a few new things. But I have an observation, in cause of my careful study of these maps posted by the OP I observed that most of them are not of the best quality images and I have to strain at some point to get some information clearly, I don't know if it has anything to do with my device, but I think these images aren't original (I stand to be corrected) it will be more helpful if you can provide a link to some of this images so we can access them for a clearer view and further studies for those who are interested in further studies.

Catenaccio (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 08:17:50 AM

This a very helpful and useful post I must commend and it's aswell educative as I have got to learn a few new things. But I have an observation, in cause of my careful study of these maps posted by the OP I observed that most of them are not of the best quality images and I have to strain at some point to get some information clearly, I don't know if it has anything to do with my device, but I think these images aren't original (I stand to be corrected) it will be more helpful if you can provide a link to some of this images so we can access them for a clearer view and further studies for those who are interested in further studies.
Screenshots can not give you Full HD images.

There are links to wesbites for those maps so please visit those websites to see maps and much more information.

Broadanbig

Activity: 448
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 09:08:14 AM

It is nice you brought up this topic for newbies and not only them would it be beneficial to but to the entire community members here. I will commend OP for this task done as it would enlighten members on countries with relation to Bitcoin and their engagements as it bothers about Bitcoin. The maps are well self explanatory and I believe anyone who sees it would understand the readings and illustrations.

OP did well by also providing links to them for further research purposes for those interested in further studies with it. I think that is ideal and can be of help to researchers here who are interested in studies of this nature.

Die_empty

Activity: 700
Merit: 994

Give all before death

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 09:33:28 AM

I see many developing countries in the map and table with some descriptions for big and small country legality status. Did you miss something on the site?

Click on Unknown, Legal, Legal tender, Alegal, Illegal if you only want to find countries in one legal type. If you choose Legal Tender, you will see only two nations hightlighted on the map, other nations will be muted.
Many developing countries mostly in Africa don't have clear policies on cryptocurrencies making them alegal territories. They have great potential for bitcoin investment but because of poverty and corruption, many Africans don't have the opportunity of investment in the sector. Some countries like South Africa and Nigeria are taking advantage of Bitcoin offers such as hedge against inflation and decentralization, while other countries are lagging.

The map also showed that it is only in South Africa that mining activities is popular in Africa. This is because many African nations have high costs of electricity as well as unstable power supply. Africa would have been a center of bitcoin mining activities because of the less concern for the effect of industrial activities on the environment and flexible government policies. But until the power issue is handled it will not be active to miners.

ChicksX
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 02:14:42 PM

Worldpopulationreview.com gives an updated mining country list:

United States: 35.4%
Kazakhstan: 18.1%
Russia: 11.23%
Canada: 9.55%
Ireland: 4.68%
Malaysia: 4.58%
Germany: 4.48%
Iran: 3.1%

Since now there is almost no mining activity in China, much of it has moved to neighbouring Kazakhstan.
Catenaccio (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 05:16:52 AM

Since now there is almost no mining activity in China, much of it has moved to neighbouring Kazakhstan.
Hash rate migrated from China to other nations but if saying there is zero hash rate from China, it's not correct.

Data can has some assumptions, weaknesses and can be incorrect.

CBECI has three assumptions and some weaknesses of their methodology.
https://ccaf.io/cbnsi/cbeci/mining_map/methodology

ChicksX
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 01:13:13 PM

Hash rate migrated from China to other nations but if saying there is zero hash rate from China, it's not correct.

Data can has some assumptions, weaknesses and can be incorrect.

CBECI has three assumptions and some weaknesses of their methodology.
https://ccaf.io/cbnsi/cbeci/mining_map/methodology

Yes of course not zero but fewer large scale mining operations exist in China.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2023, 06:07:47 PM

This is a great list of maps, but considering that your sole target is Bitcoiners, I think you should remove some of them...

In addition to the above things, I have mixed feelings about including some of the outdated maps [e.g. cryptocurrency world map] on the list.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Catenaccio (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2023, 01:08:33 AM

This is a great list of maps, but considering that your sole target is Bitcoiners, I think you should remove some of them...
I would like to keep them because I think those non-Bitcoin maps are helpful to get a wide view of what's going on globally in macro economic.

Bitcoin is automatically out of the picture when we talk about any CBDC-related stuff.
Yes. I made a mistake, thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: