Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There Must be child Board With the Name of "Location" in local boards.  (Read 336 times)
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2023, 09:01:40 AM

A country is already a small enough group, breaking that off into specific locations will lead to less and less discussions and presents a privacy risk for the users.

The focus should be on getting your local board approved, then working out the most needed childboards to include in it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
October 28, 2023, 07:50:58 PM

But, this idea can be implement in other local boards for now until we get our local board. Many of here may ask why i am saying to create chlid board with the name of location. So, the reason is that if there is child board with the name of location we can create threads in it with the name of cities; Like in Pakistan

Threads name be like in location child board in Pakistan....

1. Lahore
2. Karachi
3. Islamabad
4. Faisalabad .....etc

These cities name may vary location to location according to the country name in their local board.

Dear snowpega I'm sure you know that we don't have our local board and you might have confused our this lonely thread (topic) Pakistan with other a boards.

Ok first I think t's important to clarify how Bitcointalk's board structure works. We do have local boards, but they are categorized as "Languages and Regions", not specific to cities or regions within a country. For instance, you'll find boards like Arabic, Italian, Indonesian, etc., under this section.

The section you're referring to as "Location (Local)" is not intended for child boards representing cities or regions within a country. It is more about discussing Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in one's local language.

First we want to have a dedicated board for Pakistan (Urdu) and should be created under the "Local" section, where discussions can take place in Urdu, for example. Once we have our own dedicated board, then we can consider requesting child boards, if necessary.

Regarding the idea of city-based child boards, it may not be practical for several reasons. First, it depends on the number of speakers of specific local languages within those cities. Then, it also relies on the presence of Bitcoin users within those language communities. For languages like Sindhi, Punjabi, or Pashto, it might not be justifiable due to the relatively smaller user base compared to languages like Arabic, Indonesian, or Chinese.

In summary, while city-based child boards may not be the right approach, we do need our own local Pakistan (Urdu) board to discuss topics in our language, اردو.

I hope I'm able to explain and thank you for your understanding.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2023, 10:35:59 PM

Your local has not even gotten their own local board and yet you are suggesting child boards to be created. With the current activity of your local board, if those child boards are created, you will be surprised that for a whole week, one child board might not have a single activity.

Again, the essence of the local board is not to track the location of all the users in your local. If you wish to expose your location, go ahead as Lovesmafamilis advised. Leave others who wish to remain private.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 560
Merit: 514

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2023, 10:38:41 PM

OP, yeah, it's your special idea, but I don't think everyone needs that. Well, members who have local boards can already decide reveal their location among each other through PM, but doing it publicly is something I don't consider security-wise. Of what help would it really be to the forum? The local board is where people from the same country can identify themselves, and if you feel the need to extend a relationship to someone in your local board, you can private chat with them with whatever your intentions are, and I believe that's how it has been working for some people for the time being. Anyway, it's just my opinion.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
goxcraft

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 05:14:47 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2023, 05:36:35 PM by goxcraft

Long story short: Boards or childboards whatever that is should be created based on language not location.

Language boards are meant for those who aren't as expert in English. So a language board helps him to talk and engage with the forum's local users more comfortably. You may not understand English properly, you may confuse with English sometimes. But if were to question the same question in your local board, wouldn't that be easy for you to understand? Your own people can answer to your question. Even now I don't understand why you want city  or state based childboards, what are you trying to gain? There is a option to add subject when posting. You can just mention your Location when you are posting. That way you can tell others where or what region of people you are trying to spread your news to.
arabspaceship123

Activity: 868
Merit: 190

I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2023, 07:04:15 PM

I'm confused about why city locations have to be added for thread names because it doesn't have benefits. If there's a local board does it have to have cities for subs? I haven't seen any local board getting cities in subs so why should there be exceptions made for your board it doesn't make sense.

So, for now this idea can be implement on other local boards by creating child board with the name of location. This may bring a massive audience on this forum and bring it up. Hope you guys like my idea. Many Thanks! Smiley

██████████   ARABSPACESHIP 123     سفينة الفضاء العربية ١٢٣   ██████
|  | ||     |   
avatar & signature available to rent   |     || |  |

█████████████████  
Hire me to design your websites   █████████████████
bangjoe

Activity: 1414
Merit: 685

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 02:36:28 PM

It is not about the problem or useless, but it will make many children's boards that are inactive, because I am quite sure that from every country people who are in this forum are not so much, especially in the calculation of the region, so adding locations to the local board It will only make our Local council narrow without activities in it.

Adding location is not what is needed and does not become something very urgent in all local councils, make a submission for logical reasons and submissions are things that should be needed by each local council. Lips sealed

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
blckhawk

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 03:28:26 PM

You don't have your own local board yet, but you are thinking of having some childboards. The child board you suggested isn't necessary. By creating those childboards, you are dividing your people and your community into certain groups. Do you really want that? The best would be one board for Pakistan so that everyone can share their knowledge, their ideas, and their opinions in one place. My suggestion for you is to focus on getting a local board first.

Imagine if everyone thought of creating child board based on their location like usa, russia etc. Do you realize how many child board will there be if that were to happen? It will only cause unnecessary mess.
Unnecessary and scary, I don't want you people knowing my general location because you know what region/city where I'm at, that's too scary and not to mention that those child boards would definitely not be an active boards anyway as you get closer on a location, it's definitely going to be less and less user that will reply there but I get OP's plight, OP wants to connect with those that are close to the region that OP is in but someone has to think of the implications of that suggestion.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
goxcraft

Activity: 594
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 04:51:43 PM

You don't have your own local board yet, but you are thinking of having some childboards. The child board you suggested isn't necessary. By creating those childboards, you are dividing your people and your community into certain groups. Do you really want that? The best would be one board for Pakistan so that everyone can share their knowledge, their ideas, and their opinions in one place. My suggestion for you is to focus on getting a local board first.

Imagine if everyone thought of creating child board based on their location like usa, russia etc. Do you realize how many child board will there be if that were to happen? It will only cause unnecessary mess.
Unnecessary and scary, I don't want you people knowing my general location because you know what region/city where I'm at, that's too scary and not to mention that those child boards would definitely not be an active boards anyway as you get closer on a location, it's definitely going to be less and less user that will reply there but I get OP's plight, OP wants to connect with those that are close to the region that OP is in but someone has to think of the implications of that suggestion.

Not me, buddy. OP wanted childboards based on some location, state, or city. Hiding your location is crucial when it's connected to the Internet. I won't want any part of my virtual life to mix with my actual life. Yeah, you are right. By creating location based childboards, OP is basically disseminating people from his country. There will be fewer and fewer participants from Pakistan as there aren't enough active members, like in Russia or Nigeria. If I'm correct, according to Rikafiq's post, the Pakistani board/thread had 42 active members and a post count of 610 in September 2023. That's very little when you compare it with Pakistan's population. If you think from a mathematical perspective, they'll be considered lucky if they get their own local board.
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 07:16:41 PM

You should first concentrate on achieving a local board first not a child board, because when you look at all this numbers of local boards I don't think that they have a local and when they are making a request of theymos given them a local board they did no include a child board.

Even in the request of a local board from theymos its the reputable members of the country that will make post of request concerning a local board not a member rank that is not up a year, you need to know the cranium of the forum first before making a request from a local board.

While op contradict both local board and child board it's because it have never acclimatised with the rudiments of bitcointalk and that's while the tune of op request go that way.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1034

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2023, 07:21:59 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

It is when Pakistan has been given a local board that you can now ask for a  child board. If your local board hasn't been created, it will be impossible to have a child board.

So you think OP doesn't know about it, I'm damm sure he's well aware that without having a board we cant have a child board, The whole idea was not about the Paksitan if you ask me seriously, I'm sure 50% of the poster haven't read the OP's full post even it was not that complex to understand.

I know local boards were meant for something different from what Op's talking about, but OP is saying that if we set a child board by the category of locations and in that sub-section we can create threads by the name of their cities to discuss something creative like meetup, public campaigns etc etc. It sounds non-practical but if you ask me having such locations can really help in promoting the agenda #Bitcoin.

After all it's a sarcasm, your request are ridiculous.

I think your post is more ridiculous....

In which direction you're going bro, like really counting it with Racism and religion... wooo What the heck? A newbie idea of just exploring effective educational ways is getting worse, or it's just post quota.

That will be very first time suggested and i dont think its necessary. Boards or Child boards name vary the topics of most or all the threads inside, not the the users location (except the local board name) as you suggested. Besides its not good for privacy.

A very good concern, but who wants to get involved in public events like this and promote something, I'm sure He's / She's less concerned about privacy.

Abu-Naim

Activity: 406
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2023, 08:37:27 PM

It is not about the problem or useless, but it will make many children's boards that are inactive, because I am quite sure that from every country people who are in this forum are not so much, especially in the calculation of the region, so adding locations to the local board It will only make our Local council narrow without activities in it.

Adding location is not what is needed and does not become something very urgent in all local councils, make a submission for logical reasons and submissions are things that should be needed by each local council. Lips sealed
Adding location is not something that will help the forum, in fact it will divert the attention of the local board members to focus on their location and stop sharing their good knowledge and experience to the entire local board members, and this can reduce the forum members anonymity this because if location is added, defiantly people will look look for ways to see each other in real life.
Furthermore, there will be much spam in the sub sections which will result to general discussion and not bitcoin or cryptocurrency .

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
arabspaceship123

Activity: 868
Merit: 190

I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2023, 12:32:47 AM

We can't expect our requests to be put on action because we think it's going to make the forum better or convenient to use. That isn't how it would take shape or else the forum would've changed before.

You should first concentrate on achieving a local board first not a child board, because when you look at all this numbers of local boards
If local boards were started it wouldn't make sense to add cities as subs. They aren't following the practice now so why'd they do it later if it doesn't bring benefits.

██████████   ARABSPACESHIP 123     سفينة الفضاء العربية ١٢٣   ██████
|  | ||     |   
avatar & signature available to rent   |     || |  |

█████████████████  
Hire me to design your websites   █████████████████
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6809

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 02:25:04 AM

You don't have your own local board yet, but you are thinking of having some childboards.
Lol, he is jumping the gun there just a little.  And you're quite right about the divisiveness of having a country's local board further split up into sections by city/state/whatever.  Even if it didn't have the potential to cause a level of tribalism, I just don't think it's necessary--I'm trying to imagine if there was a board for the US and it was divvied up by state.  People would probably not want to be associated with a geographic location that they could be tied to.  Anonymity is still a thing in the bitcoin world, is it not?

Not a good idea, OP.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2023, 03:33:40 AM

I don't see this idea as useful at all, as it will cause a lot of useless subboards within the general local boards.

Local boards exist to contain mother languages, not countries or cities. For example, in our Arabic board, if we wanted to divide the board into sub-boards according to each Arab country, we would get more than 22 sub-boards, and each board would mostly have one member. What is the benefit of something like this? Partition that has no practical benefit?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: