Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION!] New York Times In Code We Trust (with First Republic Bank)  (Read 407 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 03:11:40 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2023, 06:01:58 AM by frankbitcoin

For sale is the New York Times 'In Code We Trust' magazine.  The sheer irony of this issue - the back cover features First Republic Bank.

Not sure how to embed pics, it says I cant, so here are pic links

Pics:

https://imgur.com/uQ5h7wV

https://imgur.com/ZWtUNNl

https://imgur.com/XEawqad

.2 BTC (negotiable and within reason - this will be a treasure trove one day due to the First Republic Bank downfall and that linked up with Bitcoin on the cover)
Changing to auction

Any questions, feel free to ask me.

EDIT:

Changed to auction to see where it goes, on ebay at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266537131502

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitdexter

Activity: 326
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 05:53:10 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2023, 06:11:29 PM by bitdexter

really don;t mean this in bad intentions, but do you really think this is worth .2btc?

I mean its not even in the original plastic casing?

7k dollars seems high to me and want to know how you are justifying it.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 05:24:51 AM

really don;t mean this in bad intentions, but do you really think this is worth .2btc?

No worries, I don't take the comment that way.

I have not seen one sold so I cannot determine what would be considered the going rate.  Someone could have interest at 1 BTC, .1, or even .01 - very hard to determine.  This is why I put negotiable next to it, though - anyone interested is welcome to send me a message and discuss further. 

I am not firm on attempting to get .2 BTC for it.  With that said, however, I do think it has significant value due to the fact that First Republic Bank is now bankrupt.

The market can decide, however, and anyone is welcome to message me an offer.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2023, 05:06:17 AM

What do you feel it's worth?

What does everyone else feel it's worth? I really don't know 🤔
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 03:24:58 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2023, 04:55:47 PM by frankbitcoin

.1 BTC ?

Not sure value here. 

Message me if anyone has interest, regardless of asking price, and we'll discuss further.
hoopstagaloop

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 05:29:34 PM

keep the magazine it will be worth in the future maybe more than 0.2 BTC
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 494
Merit: 43

Holder of last resort

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 05:46:37 PM

Zero percent chance. You think @ $250,000 per BTC that this magazine will be worth $50,000? Doubt it.

Everything is heading towards zero in Bitcoin terms. It will be worth less than 0.01BTC eventually.

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 05:58:04 PM

Zero percent chance. You think @ $250,000 per BTC that this magazine will be worth $50,000? Doubt it.

Everything is heading towards zero in Bitcoin terms. It will be worth less than 0.01BTC eventually.

Comparing future price predictions to current sales prices isn't truly a valid correlation.  Otherwise the guy who bought pizza for 10K Bitcoins would have probably already gone insane.  Instead, he said he was happy that it helped the network.

That would be like going back through past transactional history on the forum and being like "dang you paid 1 BTC for that in 2013! What!"

Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 939
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 04:21:51 PM

Comparing future price predictions to current sales prices isn't truly a valid correlation.  Otherwise the guy who bought pizza for 10K Bitcoins would have probably already gone insane.  Instead, he said he was happy that it helped the network.

That would be like going back through past transactional history on the forum and being like "dang you paid 1 BTC for that in 2013! What!"

I am with both of you guys on this one, but it must be noted that without people buying things with bitcoin, bitcoin would not be as robust and strong a currency/value network ecosystem today.

BTCOVERFIATS is correct in saying that everything relative to bitcoin will be near zero, as we continue to see bitcoin eat the outstanding world total assets by total volume. Hopefully we all know that bitcoin is better money than fiat and better crypto then the other 1000 worthless shitcoins.

The bitcoiner error in reasoning is thinking that the value of bitcoin will just continue to go up regardless of the development of productive cyber-economies or productivity networks. Unless a monetary unit is backed with productivity, the monetary unit will experience "Inflation". This can be seen hundreds of time throughout history where state actors or private banks issue money without the necessary productivity backing the money leading to debasement of the currency.

The game theoretics of bitcoin reward both the hodler and the market-marker (spender). The spender adds productivity and trade to the bitcoin network. The hodler holds onto the cyber currency and prevents it from hitting the market to be sold. Both of these actions increase the network robustness and integrity of the network.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2023, 09:10:34 AM

If someone would like to snag it, I'll let it go for .0555 BTC (currently, $2k).  I feel that's a very reasonable price.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2023, 07:07:41 AM

.03 BTC ?

Feel like I'm throwing darts in the dark here since I can't value it.  Any interest at .03?  Smiley
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2023, 10:11:37 PM

changed to auction on ebay so we'll see where it goes.

starting bid $500

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266537131502
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 11:45:49 PM

starting bid dropped to $250 so we can get the bids going
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: