Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn from my experience how to protect yourself from crypto scam  (Read 248 times)
DVlog (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 08:44:02 AM
Merited by Potato Chips (2), hugeblack (2), albert0bsd (2)

Crypto is an unregulated space that's why crypto users became obvious targets of scammers. We have seen different methods used by these scammers repeatedly to scam people who were not careful enough. When a method became popular and commonly known by the community they came up with new ideas of scams. I want to share with the community some new phishing attempts and how a user can protect themselves from it.

By profession, i am a community moderator and a social media security expert. I am working on a few projects and i am responsible for the security of those project’s telegram and discord servers. Till now there have been countless phishing attempts to take control of my social media account. Most of them were using the same methods but some of them are unique and different from one another so they need to be shared individually.

New crypto phishing techniques

• Story 1: I got a message in my inbox and as a community moderator i start taking the initiative to respond to that user's message. He offered me a job right away and wanted to know if I had any interest or not. I already suspect a possible scam attempts but I still wanted to see how he would try to convince me to fall for his scam. He shared the project details with me and for being a NFT project he shared its OpenSea URL so that he could convince me it was a legit project. You can see from the screen shot below that this NFT project has a nice fake volume. At the end of the talking i told him that I was interested and how we could start working. He told me to join their discord server first so that we could proceed with our negotiation. So i went to their discord server to see if they had one. When i tried to verify my account through dyno bot it redirected me to a phishing UI of discord you can see from the screenshot below. A new user would think he needs to log into his Discord account to get access to that server but the URL in the address bar shows us this is a phishing URL that has been placed very carefully through a popular discord bot.

• Story 2: One day i got a message in my telegram account with a job offer. A guy told me that they are a team of P2E game developers and that they are looking for game testers for their upcoming game. When i asked him how he found me he gave me a reference to one of my telegram friends whom I had known for a long time. He said that he and my friend had worked on several projects before. So started to contact my friend to verify this claim In the meantime i start talking about the job he offered me. I was convinced that this guy is legit as there is no way he knows about my friend if my friend won’t tell him about me. So I kept the negotiation ongoing and at the end that guy told me to install the game they developed and start playing so that they could collect my review of the game. I downloaded that file and installed it in my virtual box as a precaution, though I wasn’t aware that this file contained malware. My precaution saved me that day and I am still waiting for my friends responses about those guys! I guess my friend's telegram got hacked and that scammer found my contact information from there.

• Story 3: One of the similar stories starts with story number 1. I am going to tell only the part that doesn’t match with story no 1. I have shared this story before with a topic you can read that topic as well. [Scammers are getting innovative.] After getting interested in their job they told me that they wanted to take an interview with me so I agreed to that and they have created a group with their so called CEO to start making a call. They start a voice call so that their identity won’t be revealed. After the interview and all the negotiations about the salary and work they told me I needed to fill out a form with all the details so that they could put that into their employee documents. When I tried to fill out the form and click submit it said there was some problem with my brower and I needed to drag that link to the bookmark bar to submit the form. There were clear instructions with images too. When i tried to drag that i have noticed there was something written in JavaScript, so i tried to figure out what it could be. In the meantime those scammers were pushing me to submit the link quickly which i didn’t. Sometimes i figured out that it was a phishing link.

• Story 4: A few days ago, in one of my communities, I saw some unusual conversations between two accounts. Those conversations weren’t like regular ones, so it turned red in my mind. After a long conversation where they were talking about the football championship suddenly they started talking about a crypto project event where one guy claimed to get $200 worth of tokens. So the other guy asked for the event URL and he shared a website where he could get that token. That was a scam site and as soon as the victim connects his wallet scammers will drain all the funds from that wallet.

Some Proactive Measures to Safeguard Yourself from similar scam attempts

1.If you are using social media like telegram and discord then always use 2FA features to add extra security to your account.

2. If you are an admin in any discord community then from your server safety setup permission turn on “ Require 2FA for moderator action”. This feature will not let your community moderator do any moderation action if their 2FA option is not activated. This is extremely helpful to protect your community in case one of your community mods account is compromised.

3. Keep your server security bot above your community moderator role so that those bot can keep track of moderator behavior and take action against any fishy action.

4. Always use a virtual box in case you need to install any application or open any URL.

5. Don’t rush for any offer or anything. Be calm and cross-check everything no matter how legit something seems to you.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2023, 11:08:46 AM

I took a lot of time to read through this topic, in the 4 stories you told here they are quite very usually or most times we have witnessed same actions from scammers. But there is no clear message in any of the story i didn't find any underlying message from the stories. Your express of getting into scam is a clear intention of knowing what the scammer what to say. Here we have been caution regularly that when you get first message from unknown source it is usually a scam activity any one who choose to keep the conversation is either wanting the scam or is too greed to push him or herself to scam.

Once you get compromised in any of you social media handle the most advanced technics to stop your identity from being used for scam is to create another account and report the ongoing action.
When an individual offer you a deal that is worth an amount that is beyond reasonable doubt you should know it's all scam. Like how can I offer you a $200 profit in a minute or an hour, the first question you need to ask yourself is why didn't I do it and get the profit myself. So you see scams are easy to dictate. When it comes to installation google verification is required. Where you are ask to download an app that is not verified you should know is a scam.

DVlog (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 11:41:33 AM

I took a lot of time to read through this topic, in the 4 stories you told here they are quite very usually or most times we have witnessed same actions from scammers. But there is no clear message in any of the story i didn't find any underlying message from the stories. Your express of getting into scam is a clear intention of knowing what the scammer what to say. Here we have been caution regularly that when you get first message from unknown source it is usually a scam activity any one who choose to keep the conversation is either wanting the scam or is too greed to push him or herself to scam.

Once you get compromised in any of you social media handle the most advanced technics to stop your identity from being used for scam is to create another account and report the ongoing action.
When an individual offer you a deal that is worth an amount that is beyond reasonable doubt you should know it's all scam. Like how can I offer you a $200 profit in a minute or an hour, the first question you need to ask yourself is why didn't I do it and get the profit myself. So you see scams are easy to dictate. When it comes to installation google verification is required. Where you are ask to download an app that is not verified you should know is a scam.

If you are a community moderator by profession then you will understand the purpose of my post. All these phishing attempts have been used mostly for community moderators. A stranger can be a scammer or he can be a legit user you can not say that without having a conversation. And it is not uncommon to get a job offer from another project if you are doing a moderation job in a project and scammers are using it to target moderators in different discord servers. If you are a moderator you can not ignore messages in your DM as you are responsible for community support as well.

The purpose was to give an introduction to the community about the new phishing methods scammers are using these days and how they can protect their account and their server from being compromised.

348Judah

Activity: 714
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 12:14:35 PM

Crypto is an unregulated space that's why crypto users became obvious targets of scammers.

Bitcoin is regulated by its protocols on the blockchain and cannot be altered, anything can change with altcoins because their stakeholders can decided to implement any changes to the entire network.

We have seen different methods used by these scammers repeatedly to scam people who were not careful enough.

There are many tricks that they use and they also often developed more new ones to ensure that they attack their targeted victims, if we are well aware of some of these means, we will be able to discern one whenever they come across our way and we won't fall for them, if we don't allow them in, they can't have access to us except we appear being vulnerable, their most targets are newbies, that's why a newbie must learn before they start their journey.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 06, 2023, 12:38:55 PM

Story 1:

I don't know why you blanked the project's name. Could it be that there's a genuine project by that name or it's just a random name? Anyway, not as if blanking the name prevents anything for those who are keen on finding out what project that was with their search tools.

Story 2:
    I downloaded that file and installed it in my virtual box as a precaution, though I wasn’t aware that this file contained malware.
    This is the first time I heard of this and the wonder you said it did. Could you be gracious enough to share a link to this particular stuff if it has an app and how to use it, if it's a complex stuff.

Story 3:
    In the meantime those scammers were pushing me to submit the link quickly which i didn’t.
    As a rule of thumb, once anyone pushes you to be hasty in taking a financial decision know it's a scam about to go down. I tend to slow down more once anyone does this with me. I want to find out why they're in a hurry.

[/list]

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ███████████████
    ..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
    DVlog (OP)

View Profile
    November 06, 2023, 12:54:24 PM

Story 1:
      I don't know why you blanked the project's name. Could it be that there's a genuine project by that name or it's just a random name? Anyway, not as if blanking the name prevents anything for those who are keen on finding out what project that was with their search tools.

I blanked the project name so that curious people don't try to join that projects discord and lose their discord ID though the project name is visible in the OpenSea listing page.

Story 2:
      I downloaded that file and installed it in my virtual box as a precaution, though I wasn’t aware that this file contained malware.
      This is the first time I heard of this and the wonder you said it did. Could you be gracious enough to share a link to this particular stuff if it has an app and how to use it, if it's a complex stuff.

Here you will get the download link of VirtualBox and documentation about how you can use it. I am pretty sure there are many tutorial in youtube how you can setup and run that application as well.

Story 3:
      In the meantime those scammers were pushing me to submit the link quickly which i didn’t.
      As a rule of thumb, once anyone pushes you to be hasty in taking a financial decision know it's a scam about to go down. I tend to slow down more once anyone does this with me. I want to find out why they're in a hurry.

They were in a hurry so that i can't carefully examine the phishing link they want me to use so that they can get the details of my discord account. They wanted to inject a script in my browser so that they will be able to receive all the data i will use in the future or something like that.[/list]

DYING_S0UL

Activity: 322
      Merit: 315

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
      November 11, 2023, 12:03:06 PM
      Last edit: November 11, 2023, 02:08:11 PM by DYING_S0UL

Story 3:
      They were in a hurry so that i can't carefully examine the phishing link they want me to use so that they can get the details of my discord account. They wanted to inject a script in my browser so that they will be able to receive all the data i will use in the future or something like that.
      Browser hijacking is the worst thing that can happen with a person. It's not just a peace of software. Every sites we visit, everything we do online, every login details, our bank credentials, our accounts, everything is connected and saved in our browser. Our life's works are stored in a browser.

DVlog you did the right thing not to rush anything. A lot of people are victim to this kind of attack. If you check telegram or any kind of dark web related website, you'll see hackers selling browser logs. Imagine if our wallets were compromised through this. All of our assets would have been lost.

AoBT
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
      █████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
      ██████████████████████
      █████████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
      █████████████████
      The Alliance
      of Bitcointalk
      Translators
      ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
      ▄███
      ████████████████▄
      ▄██
      ███████████████████▄
      ▄█
      ██████████████████████▄
      ████████████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████
      ▀███████████████████▀
      ███████████████▀
      ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
      █████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
      ████████▀██████████
      ████▄▄▄▄▀███████
      ███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
      ████████████▀████████████
      ▀███████████████████████▀
      █████

██████████
      HIRE US
      boyptc

Activity: 2996
      Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 01:03:55 PM

5. Don’t rush for any offer or anything. Be calm and cross-check everything no matter how legit something seems to you.
      Always keep calm.

Whenever you are overwhelmed with messages whether you're a moderator or just someone who casually browse on the web and checks your email.

You'll usually get those unsolicited and random emails, you'll read some interesting titles/headers of the email saying that you've won this or they're giving you crypto freely.

Don't believe with anything that you don't even know you'll receive or remember if you joined an airdrop or not. But the best is to ignore and avoid them, don't interact with any of them.

.BIG WINNER!.
      [15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
      ██████████████████████
      ██████████▀▀██████████
      █████████░░░░█████████
      ██████████▄▄██████████
      ███████▀▀████▀▀███████
      ██████░░░░██░░░░██████
      ███████▄▄████▄▄███████
      ████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
      ███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
      ████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
      ██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ██████████████████████
      █████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
      █████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
      █████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
      █████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
      █████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
      █████████░░░░░░███████
      ████████░░░░░░░███████
      ███████░░░░░░░░███████
      ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████▀
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
      █████████▀░░█████░░░░█
      ███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
      ██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
      █████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
      ████░████▄░███████░░░░
      ███░█████░█████████░░█
      ███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
      ███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
      ███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
      ████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
      █████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
      ██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
      ███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
      ████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
      ███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
      █▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
      ▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
      ░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
      ░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
      ███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
      ███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
      ███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
      ██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
      ██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
      ██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
      ██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
      ██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
      ██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
      ██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
      █████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
      █████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
      Daily Quests
      Faucet
      Catenaccio

Activity: 392
      Merit: 116

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 01:27:58 PM

Some guides to avoid scam on Discord.

Common scams and what to look out for
      Enable Developer Mode and detect Impersonators in Discord through User IDs
      How To Login With Discord Token
      Can tokens bypass 2FA and SMS auth, and if they can, how do I defend myself against hacking?

Potato Chips

Activity: 2758
      Merit: 894

yesssir! 🫡

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 01:48:33 PM

This is why I never trust those who tries to redirect users off of discord for server verification. From what I observed, it's always the dodgy one who does this, tsk.

If I may add another suggestion, discord also has some features that could mitigate scam DMs which can be found on "Privacy and Safety. Since I'm not a community moderator, I have my DMs closed for server members but I did whitelisted a couple of servers. Some may opt for the softer "message request" feature instead which places unknown DMs in a separate folder.

▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄██████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄
      ▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
      ▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
      ███████████▄███████████
      ██████████▄█▀███████████
      ██████████▀████████████
      ▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
      ▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
      ▀██████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
       MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
      .. PLAY NOW ..
      Mpamaegbu
      Legendary

Activity: 2674
      Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 02:07:12 PM

~
      Every sites we visit, everything we do online, every login details, our bank credentials, our accounts, everything is connected and saved in our browses. Our life's works are stored in a browser.
      This is the major reason why no one should click on "Remember password/Save password" whenever such an option pops up on a site we get newly registered on. I dislike that feature and honestly can't even figure out why those who okay it by clicking on it do that. If it's not laziness, then I don't know what else it's. We should slow down while at it and get a pen and paper to safely copy out our passwords. Our passwords are our keys and we shouldn't toy with them.

██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ███████████████
      ..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
      hugeblack
      Legendary

Activity: 2506
      Merit: 3632

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
      November 11, 2023, 05:15:51 PM

The advice is excellent, but it misses some essential information, such as using an open source operating system, and avoiding using and installing any unknown services.

- Avoid randomly clicking on links.
       - Do not trust your friends if they send you links. They may not be them, or they may have sent you the link unintentionally.
       - Do not use Google 2FA, use an open source service and remember to be on a separate phone that is not connected to the Internet.
       - Always learn to research and know where to get correct technical information.*

* I remember a while ago I needed some driver SW and found that the first Google result gave me a phishing link for Nvidia services.

██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ███████████████
      ..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
      Hamza2424
      Legendary

Activity: 966
      Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
      November 11, 2023, 05:57:46 PM

Hmm, interesting awareness thread. I found it more helpful to the newbies if they care about their safety and their asset's safety. I've encountered many such incidents in my journey where over-smart people tried to trap me, but their luck messed up with them, and fortunately, I survived.

Op's compilation is good, without any doubt if newbies go through the whole story and this thread they can really avoid making such blunders, I'm sure what we are discussing here, is not the first time this topic has been covered many times before. everyone gives their suggestion some of the newbies pick them and some of them don't.

Simply avoid sweet talks with strangers, don't share personal info, better protect your keys, avoid clicking unusual links, use antivirus (not necessary if you take care of above suggestions).

DVlog (OP)

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 07:18:36 PM

Op's compilation is good, without any doubt if newbies go through the whole story and this thread they can really avoid making such blunders, I'm sure what we are discussing here, is not the first time this topic has been covered many times before. everyone gives their suggestion some of the newbies pick them and some of them don't.

What we have discussed here is mostly the old methods that scammers are using. These are some new types of scamming methods that I have encountered, and it was a totally new experience for me. If even a few people know about this type of scam method that scammers are using they can be more careful if any similar scenario occurs when they are exploring the internet. 

Hamza2424
      Legendary

Activity: 966
      Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
      November 11, 2023, 08:39:19 PM

What we have discussed here is mostly the old methods that scammers are using. These are some new types of scamming methods that I have encountered, and it was a totally new experience for me. If even a few people know about this type of scam method that scammers are using they can be more careful if any similar scenario occurs when they are exploring the internet. 

Hmm, they work hard to trap people, they always approach different to trap different users from time to time, With this topic I've realized that one of the top forum members once created a thread describing how the off-scene characters blackmail such users to trap them and pay them few pennies.

That thread was also quite interesting because after that different users presented their perspectives on it, I'm sure such people are also part of a big group scamming people using their tactics.

nakamura12

Activity: 2268
      Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
      November 11, 2023, 09:10:40 PM

I always say in my post that learning something from what you are doing will make you more knowledgeable and become cautious of scam attempts. This is the same as learning from your mistakes which will help you in the future. I haven't experienced something like that but I am cautious enough not to trust someone right away although I understand your situation. It is also discussed in other threads that scammers are being innovative just to scam people and that's why we have to be very cautious.

███▄▀██▄▄
      ░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
      ░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
      ███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
      ░▄░░███▀████
      ░▐█░░███░██▄▄
      ░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
      ░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
      ▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
      ░░▄██▌░░██▀
      ░▐█▀████ ▀██
      ░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
      ░░▀███
      ▄▄██▀▄███
      ▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
      ▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
      ▐█▀▄▄█████████
      ████▀███░░▄░
      ▄▄██░███░░█▌░
      █▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
      █▌████▀███▄░█░
      ▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
      ▀██░░▐██▄░░
      ██▀████▀█▌░
      ▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
      ███▀░░
      DVlog (OP)

View Profile
      November 13, 2023, 12:17:45 PM

I always say in my post that learning something from what you are doing will make you more knowledgeable and become cautious of scam attempts. This is the same as learning from your mistakes which will help you in the future. I haven't experienced something like that but I am cautious enough not to trust someone right away although I understand your situation. It is also discussed in other threads that scammers are being innovative just to scam people and that's why we have to be very cautious.

Perhaps we can create a thread only to share our real life experience with scammers so that others can learn from the story. Scammers are exploring all the possible ways to scam people and some attempts are so well organized that new people won't suspect anything before they become victims. I am amazed to see that the scam attempts I faced are new to many people and some people are getting a warning from this.

nakamura12

Activity: 2268
      Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
      November 13, 2023, 12:35:30 PM

Perhaps we can create a thread only to share our real life experience with scammers so that others can learn from the story. Scammers are exploring all the possible ways to scam people and some attempts are so well organized that new people won't suspect anything before they become victims. I am amazed to see that the scam attempts I faced are new to many people and some people are getting a warning from this.
      That would be good too where a single thread is used to share different stories/experiences about getting scammed or almost got scammed for others to know and may/will avoid similar situation in the future. It's always good to spread awareness of innovative ways that scammers used to scam people. Well, scammers may also read the awareness thread or something like that where they will start to create new ways to scam people while they still use the current ways to scam people until they finish it. If I am a scammer then that's what I'll do but I am not. There are some ways I do in order to be safe or avoid getting scammed like thinking like a scammer when you are in a situation of getting scammed.

███▄▀██▄▄
      ░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
      ░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
      ███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
      ░▄░░███▀████
      ░▐█░░███░██▄▄
      ░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
      ░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
      ▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
      ░░▄██▌░░██▀
      ░▐█▀████ ▀██
      ░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
      ░░▀███
      ▄▄██▀▄███
      ▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
      ▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
      ▐█▀▄▄█████████
      ████▀███░░▄░
      ▄▄██░███░░█▌░
      █▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
      █▌████▀███▄░█░
      ▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
      ▀██░░▐██▄░░
      ██▀████▀█▌░
      ▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
      ███▀░░
      Woodie

Activity: 1806
      Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
      November 13, 2023, 12:45:48 PM

What a journey you have had, had it not been for your intuition to smell a scam from a mile away your account could have been hijacked. And paying attention to domain URLs is a must these days as this is a start of preventing a scam like you did in story 1 as the deception is always right in front of our eyes  Cool

And great advice with the precautions when it comes to our cyber security.

Clicking of unknown link's should be added to your precautions as it's a simple check Burt does wonders.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
      ████████████████
      ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
      ████████▌███▐████
      ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
      ████████████████
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
      LLBIT
        CRYPTO   
      FUTURES
       1,000x 
      LEVERAGE
      COMPETITIVE
          FEES    
       INSTANT 
      EXECUTION
         TRADE NOW   
      DVlog (OP)

View Profile
      November 13, 2023, 12:54:36 PM

That would be good too where a single thread is used to share different stories/experiences about getting scammed or almost got scammed for others to know and may/will avoid similar situation in the future. It's always good to spread awareness of innovative ways that scammers used to scam people. Well, scammers may also read the awareness thread or something like that where they will start to create new ways to scam people while they still use the current ways to scam people until they finish it. If I am a scammer then that's what I'll do but I am not. There are some ways I do in order to be safe or avoid getting scammed like thinking like a scammer when you are in a situation of getting scammed.

That is the initial idea though i am not sure others will be interested in it or not. Most of the crypto people who are active on social media must have encountered any kind of scam attempt. It is the repetitive story most of the time but some of the scamming attempts are so unique that they need to be discussed. 

What a journey you have had, had it not been for your intuition to smell a scam from a mile away your account could have been hijacked. And paying attention to domain URLs is a must these days as this is a start of preventing a scam like you did in story 1 as the deception is always right in front of our eyes  Cool

And great advice with the precautions when it comes to our cyber security.

Clicking of unknown link's should be added to your precautions as it's a simple check Burt does wonders.

Using phishing links is not something new but now they are using legit discord bot to hide their phishing URL. So we should cross check the URL when we are interacting with them.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
        Print  

Jump to: