Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demystifying living a private life and your bitcoin  (Read 299 times)
Zigabel

Activity: 252
Merit: 152

Duelbits.com

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 12:23:37 AM

I wouldn't be too quick with blaming him for the incident that happend to him because, it may be possible he was making all those post for the purpose of content on his social platform, unknown to him that some one else way taking advantage of how much information they now have of him.its very possible he wasn't showing off his wallet balance but may have probably shared too much while trying to make content.

As forex or crypto traders, it's normal you share your taughts, strategy and sometimes results on you social platform, these could be done for educational purposes, to help encourage others in same field or a way of attracting investors to invest with them having seen their consistency in their results over a period of time, but then it's very much important you be smart enough to have an aspect of your life you don't show case regardless of what the reason may be. So that Incase situations as this arises, you will e able to have something to fall back to and start again.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ancafe

Activity: 1624
Merit: 693

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 02:10:39 AM

2. You don't have to share with people how much you gain: Excitement makes us share gains and profits but it is not something you do on public platforms where people can easily identify you, telling people that you made X profits will only invite hate and jealous from people like the ones that are idle and have nothing doing, they can gang up to attack you when you don't expect them.
Most people hide their investment in bitcoin because there is a much greater risk involved when they show it off to the public or close friends. We never know how close friends can do something unexpected and of course hiding it will be much more beneficial for us from a security perspective. Some people share their investment and trading successes publicly to attract people's interest and they also sell this content on social media to make money. Learn from many cases that hiding it is better than showing it off because there are many risks that will occur.

We need peace and tranquility in living our lives, providing opportunities for other people to know the value of the wealth we have will open up opportunities for them to do things we don't want. Remember that nowadays it is very difficult for people to generate make money regularly and being anonymous will keep us away from bad possibilities that will happen.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tech30338

Activity: 532
Merit: 125

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 02:26:43 AM

Learn to live lowkey, show a simple life to other people, and enjoy what you have with your family and selected friends, you don't have to share it to the world for the sake of fame, trending to social media, we have just come out of pandemic and people really will do anything to survive even stealing money from others, good for him he was not killed, the good thing about being alive is being able to restart your life and reach your goal, remember you are not starting from scratch he already have experience, maybe he I just still in shock of the current situation he is in for the moment.
There is also a case here in our country where someone broke into his home and took his money, he also posted about Bitcoin and other stuff on Facebook, and other social media, again there is no need to show other people what you have, it will attract robbers and bad people, hope he recovers soon and go on with a goog life.

Dzwaafu11

Activity: 518
Merit: 328

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 05:55:58 AM

It is an unsafe practice and nobody needs to know that, it is better to be a secrete billionaire and safe your head, your family and your wealth from robbers and player haters, than to be show off to people how much you have made and loss either your wealth or your life or both.

Some people don’t care; they will think that they have money and start being envious. This life is where we are supposed to live a low-key lifestyle, but some people don’t understand that telling people your plans and showing up with your investment will definitely make someone start hunting you. However, at the end, it will affect not only him but even his family members, so it’s very important if we are able to have privacy for ourselves. Not everything people are supposed to know, especially when telling someone what you have achieved when he or she doesn’t have the same thing. Hatred will start from there. and I have witnessed some before, so I am always very careful in how I deal with people.

The problem is he still wants his follower's suggestions regarding where he should start his life. Is it life, buddy, where you want to look cool by showing off how much you own and have gained? These social media are destroying lives. People take pictures even after they lose their body parts and then post them on social media.

Wanting his followers to suggest something for him? Is that not what he did for the first time or what led this incident to this extent? People don’t mind now, even if you showcase your loss; they will try to bring you down with the remaining resources you may have for leaving. However, some people take social media seriously and will do anything, forgetting that it’s what's destroying lives now because people like to show everything on social media, which is inappropriate.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 807

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 09:34:16 AM

Wanting his followers to suggest something for him? Is that not what he did for the first time or what led this incident to this extent? People don’t mind now, even if you showcase your loss; they will try to bring you down with the remaining resources you may have for leaving. However, some people take social media seriously and will do anything, forgetting that it’s what's destroying lives now because people like to show everything on social media, which is inappropriate.

He still does not understand that he is doing it wrong. He should stop doing these things and stop using social media unless he makes money from social media. Even if he is a social media influencer, he should carefully share his personal information. I have seen many YouTubers ignore the question when someone asks how much they make from their YouTube.

Why do these guys ignore that question? Because they don't want to share this even though they share their daily life by recording vlogs. If you make a lot of money, you should hire a security guard.

rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 12:35:32 PM

I strongly believe that the victim was just using the opportunity that he had to showcase his investment on his social media page for more followers and more friends, but unfortunately, some people were busy sketching maps on how to rub him of all his money and property. It is a pity for the victim because he has lost what I really believe took some time for him to get. However, this might be a lesson for him and others.
Since the victim is a good trader and also has good experience of trading Bitcoin and also accumulating Bitcoin, then I do say it is just a matter of time for him to recover what he has lost, he can still make good use of his trading methods and make more money when life goes on.
This incident should teach a lot of us a good lesson. That it is not a good endeavour to showcase our investment stuff to others because it might cause harm to us in the near future. Thanks OP for bringing this information to us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1022
Merit: 368

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 01:35:22 PM

On the first point by the Op of not sharing that you own a coin this is the most difficult thing to do in this present time. My reason for saying this is because everyone wants to be seen as a bitcoin expert. You see them with bitcoin icons and logos, they share a link to their Bitcoin or crypto master class, they brag about their apartment or coin they bought all thanks to Bitcoin and many more. They tell you how much they own in Bitcoin. They seek validation from the public which in turn becomes followership. It is risk they take without mindimg the repercussions. It's sad what happened to the X user. Hoping other people will take caution too.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Jegileman

Activity: 336
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 01:57:50 PM

I would say there is nothing bad in streaming and showing your earnings but the bad is in sharing your address and where you live. Even if you wanted to share your earnings then try to share some of it so that the next thief would not know that how much money you have.

I am a bit confused with your comment here but what I understand that you must have meant is that it is not bad to share your earnings in bitcoin, but don’t ever show your address of where you live to avoid being robbed off your money by robbers who be might looking out at your earnings you’ve been posting online about.
I would rather advise not to share any of that, you never can tell who knows you that can still track your location or use the post you’ve a posted about your earnings to track you down. It is better not to expose than to expose a little and got robbed of everything in the twinkle of an eye.

Disheartening to see that he is tracking the criminal and he still have the mind to post this online and makes his plans public.
Hope he will relocate and live a more private life to avoid really losing his life.

This shows that he hasn’t learnt his lessons yet, maybe he has some other savings that were not robbed and just looking for people that will pity him and give him some money for his great loss. This is the type of people that puts every life achievement they earn online which is very bad and leads to great catastrophe. Don’t expose your source of income, your relationship life and your bad habits online, those are your weaknesses that can be used against you at anytime.

Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 04:24:22 PM

I am a bit confused with your comment here but what I understand that you must have meant is that it is not bad to share your earnings in bitcoin, but don’t ever show your address of where you live to avoid being robbed off your money by robbers who be might looking out at your earnings you’ve been posting online about.
I would rather advise not to share any of that, you never can tell who knows you that can still track your location or use the post you’ve a posted about your earnings to track you down. It is better not to expose than to expose a little and got robbed of everything in the twinkle of an eye.

I think I should work more on my English because its been 3 or 4 cases now that people found it difficult or confusing to understand my words. I don't know if I lack at English writing or it was my grammar tool that creates all that fuss but I think I should admit the fact that I need improvements.

Well, yeah you got the meaning of my post right and your suggestion of not sharing the any of it is good and I also follow that but I do not share my earnings because I don't have to as I am not a influencers who needs to attract some traffic I don't need anyone but if I am a influencer then I have to share my some of the earnings to attract new people so that I could earn more with my huge fan following just like this victim did.

Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 215

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 06:51:35 PM

This guy got robbed, got his Binance funds stolen, and after all... He took a picture of his upside-down room, and uploaded it to Twitter. Hasn't he learned his lesson yet?

Don't share with people that you own a coin
People you love can have that piece of information. It's a little bit of an asshole attitude to hide the fact that you're involved into bitcoin from your family and relatives. I mean, don't yell at it in a family gathering that you own 1.56 BTC, but for instance you should inform your other half about your belongings.

You are very correct sir, I don't see any reason for uploading any information regarding ones finance online, especially when your main name might be what you are actually using as your username, you are just exposing your self to more dangers, besides the victim of this robbery is fund of exposing himself by giving out links to the public to his DM, so I think this would be a lesson to other who act same way. I usually do some Bitcoin hypes on my WhatsApp status though it restricted to only my contacts but right now, I think its going to end right away, I now see the main reason for anonymity on ones life.
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4281

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 06:39:12 AM

These tips are useful for anyone who has opened the door to the Internet. Those people who today so happily post their information online, photos of their family, home, and their activities, become targets for scammers. Anyone who says that I have nothing to hide does not understand that he has simply not yet entered the roulette wheel of the interests of the scammers, whom they may choose in the future.
In 2017, I saw a person in my country who quickly made a profit from Bitcoin. He couldn't help but show off, or maybe he just threw money here and there, and in the end, he was noticed by those who were very interested in him and his capital. The guy came to a bad end.
Therefore, when you go online, create a personality for yourself that is completely opposite to who you are. You can indulge your vanity by helping those who really need help. Thus, becoming higher for yourself and those you can help.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nheer

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2023, 08:15:14 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

There is this guy I followed on X, he is very active with updates regarding Bitcoin, he trades most of the time and also shares his opinion on bitcoin moves. Just some days ago, he was robbed right in his home and his bank account was empty, the bitcoin and other crypto were emptied. From his screenshot, he stored his coins in the exchange which is the first red flag and showing off again on the internet is another red flag.
That is so regrettable and depressing, people are just so cruel that they can just rob someone of all their money and life savings. They have worked hard for it so instead of robbing them fully and taking from them, why don't you do the same? When someone has worked so hard to improve themselves and then someone comes along to take everything from them, it can be enough to make them consider suicide. Nobody has the right to steal from him, even if he behaved badly by failing to implement the best privacy standards. I believe he must’ve learned his lesson for not keeping his life private and i believe from now he would make changes and improve on that.

Don't share with people that you own a coin: There is joy when you tell friends about Bitcoin in other to encourage them or tell them about your journey but never tell them the amount you hold, the place you buy or how you store them. Some people have bad intentions even when you think they are your friends. Even if you save your Bitcoin in a hardware wallet that no one will access, you don't have to share everything with the public, it should remain private
There is definitely a special kind of feeling when you tell someone about bitcoin or owning a coin, especially when you are trying to encourage them to invest, but we still need to be careful with who we tell this to; tell only people you trust and, as the OP mentioned, never disclose the amount you own and, more importantly, never disclose where you store your assets because you never know who wishes you bad and has bad intentions towards you.  

Worst of all, if you use social media to showcase your riches and talk about how much money you make, you could be targeted by crooks like this user from X. Many will learn from his mistakes, and many will understand why privacy is so vital in the crypto industry. Even outside of the crypto industry, anonymity is crucial since I recently heard about a musical artist who was robbed because his partner mistakenly revealed a detail of their location online.  We currently live in a world where privacy is crucial, therefore we must take it seriously in all we do.

Learning to live a private life gives you good privacy: Some people don't value their privacy, they see it as nothing but in fact when you have high privacy, it will be impossible for people to know much about you, it will be impossible for people to know your next move and how you plan to move, nothing goods like much privacy.
People lack regard for privacy, they don't care about it, they don't perceive it as a serious issue, and this is sometimes the source of their issues. Living a low-key life is ideal, but some people want to brag about their riches and share what they own with the public, which is a poor practise in the cryptocurrency sector. No one will ever make you their target if you don't mention how much bitcoin you have, thus we should all learn from this story.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Miles2006

Activity: 238
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 08:38:39 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

This guy got robbed, got his Binance funds stolen, and after all... He took a picture of his upside-down room, and uploaded it to Twitter. Hasn't he learned his lesson yet?
Nope, he is looking for compassion online which he may get and also may get more criminals attention.
 Disheartening to see that he is tracking the criminal and he still have the mind to post this online and makes his plans public.
Hope he will relocate and live a more private life to avoid really losing his life.
I don't believe this, the guy is not even smart enough cause I see no reason snapping your room and screenshotting your  binance asset after been robbed this shows the level of stupidity. I really don't know where this guy is coming from but it likely he might be expecting another robbers sooner or later. The op actually emphasize on keeping your crypto asset  a secret and that's the right thing to do for example this is not the first time he's screenshotting his coins online, cause how will those robbers know he has a coin?.
From what I read I don't see any compassion or sympathy rather he's trying to show off, there are better ways to ask for help not posting your problems on social media for people to comment and see what you're passing through. the fact is keep your crypto holding a secret to avoid necessary problems

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: