Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for an internet-sharing app.  (Read 42 times)
btc123thatthere (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 02:30:44 AM

Regarding the reported 11 million Optus customers who are disconnected in Australia at the moment, I went looking for an app (android in my case) designed to share an internet connection (or leech off someone who is sharing theirs.)

Eg. If I had a working Telstra 4G/5G internet connection and was willing to share it with other phones/laptops/devices that were looking for an internet connection, via wifi/bluetooth/perhaps even 4G/5G. Eg. If I knew that Optus was down and I had a working internet connection and was willing to 'seed' it to say a maximum total of 20 'leeches', 100kbyte/sec each (and/or total 500kbyte/sec), throttle each when 50megabyte hit down to 5kbyte/sec each, disconnect at 100megabyte each let's say.

SmartMesh and RightMesh seem to be nothing-burgers to be quite frank, and searching for 'peer to peer internet' on the google play store didn't show anything suitable as best as I could find.
Too many search results that claimed to be able to do this sort of thing involved tokens. It shouldn't require monies just to use it!
It should be free for anyone to seed or leech as they want. (Any transaction for priority should be btc settled anyway, not some token.)
Ideally it would also allow peer-to-peer data rather than just internet sharing (mesh network) but one thing at a time I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tanzila420

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 05:27:05 AM

I have no idea about internet shearing apps but i can suggests you please use best one for better service.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 08:40:17 AM

Why need a dedicated app? Just enable the hotspot either its PC or mobile and allow the maximum allowed device to connect to the network to maximum and give the password to everyone you wish to connect to the network. Huh

for Bluetooth/USB choose tethering mode which is very old and allows limited speed compared to wifi connection.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀