Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to buy Bitcoins with Paypal?  (Read 1472 times)
smoked1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 04:09:18 AM

I have looked but I can't find a way to do this without buying them from someone that I don't know and I'm sure that there are tons of scammers out there looking to prey on people like mew.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Azrael_PT

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Par Pari Refertur

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 04:14:53 AM

https://www.virwox.com/

Whit Virwox you can buy bitcoins whit paypal, but first you have to buy Linden Dollars then use the Linden Dollars to buy bitcoins.

Smiley

Donations: 16WPtSGFtj7wH2TxQi5tZfdxtAG84zPVwD
CEX.IO
Greed

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 04:27:29 AM

Join #bitcoin-otc on Freenode, you'll find plenty of people willing to assist you on your first buy.
aarong11

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 06:37:37 AM

You might struggle to find a website other than Virwox which accepts PayPal. This is due to the amount of fraud experienced by exchanges when people reverse payments. You might want to consider possibly paying via bank transfer if you are able to do.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2011, 07:02:59 AM

http://www.memorydealers.com

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 09:56:09 AM

Do note that no matter how you turn or twist it, you'll always be paying a premium buying bitcoins via PayPal. It might be beneficial to go through the extra hoops necessary to make a traditional bank wire to an exchange like Mt.Gox or Tradehill.

ladida

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:48:17 AM

There are certain party stores where you can buy bitcoins with paypal, but there aren't too many.
The "big" bitcoin dealers tend to refrain from selling bitcoins for paypal because it is so easy to charge your money back into your paypal account.$

Thats's the reason most shops don't accept paypal, cause there are quite a few scammers who basicly get bitcoins for free.
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:21:42 AM

PayPal > Bitcoins would be very handy.  I would never trust someone I met on IRC etc though, just asking to be scammed Wink

MonocleMan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:02:44 PM

Most People/Places charge a premium for using PayPal with bitcoin, MoneyPak really seems to be the payment of choice over at #bitcoin-otc on freenode.

MM

#bitcoin-otc profile -- Bitcointalk Reputation Thread -- Tip Jar 18F8fAPLKdxk94RFkmhkaVGcdfHYNNzJfk
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:23:58 PM

Paypal and bitcoin? Scam detected  Cheesy

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:39:31 PM

There's an interesting exercise for you.

Call PayPal and tell them you intend to use your account in association with Bitcoin.

[sarcasm]
Then lean back and see how they will help you facilitate this, and never block your account.
[/sarcasm]
Zack

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

PayPal > Bitcoins would be very handy.  I would never trust someone I met on IRC etc though, just asking to be scammed Wink

I second this. Like was said a few posts earlier, bank wiring to Mt.Gox would be your best bet.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:09:57 PM

As others have said i would avoid using paypal.

Have you ever used this service? good?
monty

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 12:21:10 AM

I can sell you some BTC for paypal. PM me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: