Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning]: Impersonation and spoofing of crypto related companies on Twitter  (Read 180 times)
CryptSafe

Activity: 742
Merit: 421

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 12:29:24 PM
Merited by kentrolla (2)

This is why we are advised to do our own proper research before engaging so as not to fall victim to scams. It is good one verifies before doing anything further to save themselves of stress and heartbreak.

What annoys me most about these scams of a thing is that newbies are the victims and that makes them have a negative thought and mindset towards crypto as a result of their experience in loosing huge amount of money as it seems to be their first time and in some cases, they are being made to invest in such project by a fellow who have no idea about the project to be a scam and when the unfortunate happens that friend is also termed a scammer. This is why we need to be careful when advising newbies on crypto investment when we too have not done our own due diligence.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2023, 03:54:22 PM

They use this two things as bait to lure potential victims. First it is easier to get a verified account now on X (formerly Twitter) because of the subscription service that Elon Musk is running now. Before only reputable individuals could get that verified accounts now scammers just buy the blue tick. The second thing is they gather more followers either by growing the account or by purchasing it. Then naive people will look at this number of followers and the blue tick and then start trusting the account. This one of the reason why buying accounts is frowned upon on this forum. We need to educate ourselves and others that large followers or adverts from celebrities shouldn’t be a yard stick to trust any information on social media.
You have made a good point. I also used to judge Twitter accounts on the basis of the blue tick and the number of followers. Even when I had to judge a platform for business purposes, I used to think, Hey, this platform has lots of Twitter followers; they must be famous, and this project might become successful, but at the end, truth comes in front of us. But now, as you said, this blue tick feature is the main cause of all of this shit, and another thing I have observed is that the creation of accounts has become easier now in the context of bans.

Because back then, when Twitter was Twitter, not X new accounts got banned instantly or after some time, but now X accounts don't get banned at that rate. Therefore, it has become easier for scammers to set up a new X account. This needs to stop, but who will stop them? All we can do is never trust the blue tick and high number of followers.

What I will say is never connect your wallet to any site, if you intend to connect your wallet make sure it is not a wallet that holds funds, so when it back fire you don’t lose your funds. In fact you shouldn’t have a significant amount of funds on a wallet that is on device that is online.
In this case, the situation was created in such a manner that people who had funds in their wallets had to connect with the website because the bug news must have shocked them and urged them to connect their wallets to a revoke website so that they could revoke all the connected sites, which is a good thing to do because even after we have disconnected the website or any connected site from our wallet, those websites still have access to our wallet until we use a website like the revoke website (real one) not the one being used by the scammer (a fake one) to revoke the overall access of the websites (to which we have connected our wallet in the past).

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
November 18, 2023, 07:40:17 AM

I did not imagine that Twitter links could convince people to click on them, especially after the possibility of purchasing verification, which in my opinion would make all accounts suspicious.
Well if you followed the real user of that account you woulndt be victimized. There are lots of scammers perfecting the imitation of the original account owner by huge followers and even style of posting. Well some really thought that they are the one and eventually noticed its not. Twitter should be strict on blue or verified accounts cause some uses fake profile to register or confirm.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Faisal2202

Activity: 1204
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2023, 01:10:08 PM
Merited by BenCodie (1)

Yeah, most of the time it's hard to imagine how crypto investors simply believed anything they see on their Twitter, and criminals is known to be good at spoofing everyone, not just like this kind of impersonation. Since the advent of AI, there has also been a lot of impersonation in Youtube resulting in millions lost from this scammers and this is a very dangerous world that we live it.
AI has made life of scammers and hackers more easier therefore all of us should get more knowledge about these new scams, another thing is these scams are not new, because impersonation/eavesdropping is happening from a long time and hackers are doing it. But they are doing it in different and unique new ways, so we have to get familiar with them. To get more knowledge of it. Therefore one of the forum member (BenCodie ) made a request to the administrator of the forum to add a separate section of cyber security so that all of us could get to know about new scams and how to prevent them.

The idea is to get knowledge and aware of the new scams and follow the steps to prevent them. Actually these hackers do know that the number of crypto users has been increased due to this bullish cycle and all of these newcomers are newbie and they know nothing about the scams that's why they are the only ones (mostly would be great to write in place of only only ones but i like only ones here) who become victims of it.

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2023, 06:34:19 PM

This is why we are advised to do our own proper research before engaging so as not to fall victim to scams. It is good one verifies before doing anything further to save themselves of stress and heartbreak.

What annoys me most about these scams of a thing is that newbies are the victims and that makes them have a negative thought and mindset towards crypto as a result of their experience in loosing huge amount of money as it seems to be their first time and in some cases, they are being made to invest in such project by a fellow who have no idea about the project to be a scam and when the unfortunate happens that friend is also termed a scammer. This is why we need to be careful when advising newbies on crypto investment when we too have not done our own due diligence.

This is exactly what creates hatred for crypto in mind of so many people as we think they are jealous because they didn't adopt the crypto at the early day but this remains the hidden secret as most of them would have already tried investing into crypto and ended up on scam or else some of them gets into future trading without knowing the basics just by going through signals provided in Twitter and end up losing which creates negative image in the mind, iAs you mentioned they should do their own research or just get things clarified in this forum before indulging into such act.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 19, 2023, 06:52:27 PM

There are too many scam pages right now on the Internet which made users confuses. But I don't understand their behavior how could someone without proper recognition and proper way of organization, how could a page get the yellow tick. I have seen some of those accounts even which have newly created and they are of scammer's accounts and mostly they got these blue ticks and most of them got yellow tick.

Firstly, when I checked that there was a page like Arbitrum I mean account got yellow tick, so I was little confused then I have found the original one. Even they have more high followers then we think. So, these scammers should not be given this high authority rewards just like the yellow tick on the twitter.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM