Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Universities do not have the professionalism required to operate dangerous labs.  (Read 99 times)
jvanname (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:51:16 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2023, 12:04:27 PM by jvanname

If you trust universities to host bio-safety level (BSL) 4 laboratories, then you are a suicidal fool. Universities love to pander to those who scream in the middle of class and make threats of violence against their professors. They refuse to acknowledge that this is a problem. They refuse to apologize. This means that those universities will also pander to those who behave badly in BSL-4 labs and the result will be that a pathogen that is genetically modified to kill you will escape and do just that. I know how academic institutions act since I was a professor. But I bet that most of you would rather just take death than try to solve the problem. It is really pathetic.

https://www.bu.edu/neidl/2014/03/bu-questions-claims-behind-proposed-ordinance/

"It came to the conclusion that an event causing an infection of a community member might occur no more than once in 500 to 10,000 years."-What about when someone at the BSL-4 lab drinks a lot of vodka at the lab and causes a lot of mayhem? Don't say that you are above this because universities have promoted violence against me, so I will not believe anything you say. I will instead always assume that you will always behave as unprofessionally as possible because you always have in the past.

'The panels of scientific experts concluded that this was “the most scientifically sound and rigorously conducted study that is possible at this point.”'-Saying this is just evidence that such a study is not sound because it does not take into consideration the vodka.

'She concluded: “…the Court is satisfied that the FSRA adequately analyzes the risks associated with building the BioLab, including ‘worst case’ scenarios and suburban and rural alternatives. '-Do these worst case scenarios include the case where universities promote violence and where the people in the lab drink a lot of vodka? No? Because universities do promote violence.

"With over 100 years of cumulative operation and hundreds of thousands of man-hours of research, there has never been any laboratory-acquired infection or community infection by such organisms. That track record is also proof that you don’t need to ban something to make it safe."-ATTENTION: This is what lying out your ass looks like. Oh. And I am looking at the date on this post, and it says 2014 which is before 2019. I will let you think about that for a moment. 

-Joseph Van Name Ph.D.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
larry_vw_1955

Activity: 1036
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 22, 2023, 02:31:51 AM

If you trust universities to host bio-safety level (BSL) 4 laboratories, then you are a suicidal fool.

you seem to have some type of issue about laboratories and biosafety levels but i don't understand why. complain to the regulatory authorities if it's such a big problem. no one here is going to be able to fix it that's for sure.  Shocked
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
November 23, 2023, 02:38:08 PM

That is actually part of the reasons they are developing AI to takeover the roles of humans. People will be so dumb in 2 years time that they won't be able to distinguish between right and wrong. There will be so much anarchy/lawlessness which will be justified because there is no light in them.
We currently in a stage called great awakening which is a period where humans are given the opportunity to know the truth (as they have been woken up by the bright Light of our CREATOR which shines allover the World ) to decide whether to join the right or left.
So I expect things to get really bad for people soon when the light is taken away, with AI doing most of the job for them.
jvanname (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 23, 2023, 04:21:09 PM

Ucy-People don't know how to handle AI either (if they did, we would try to wean ourselves off of neural networks because neural networks are uninterpretable because they have too much random information in them), and this is going to make them miserable. No. The AI is not going to take jobs away any time soon. If anything, the AI will increase the number of jobs that people can do.

But AI will make the biological laboratories more capable of genetically modifying pathogens taken from animals like bats to make humans sicker. Of course, those biological laboratories will not implement the safety procedure that I have advocated for in the past but for which I will not speak of anymore (I was not wrong, but I am not going to continue to tell people how to be safe because people deserve to be punished with sickness).

-Joseph Van Name Ph.D.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: