Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New GekkoScience product, the Smart Hub  (Read 1389 times)
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 09:53:32 AM

I would get them but could barely justify the smarthub considering the base hub and raspi4 have been solid since I bought them (no surprise really, its gekko gear).

Hey, how you getting on with the SmartHub?!

Got it setup preliminarily i.e hooked up to my wifi and pool details put in. I’m trying to figure out how to circumvent the 450m limit on the CompacF. Can’t seem to locate to right config file to alter.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IAmGPIO

Activity: 31
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2023, 12:26:39 PM

I would get them but could barely justify the smarthub considering the base hub and raspi4 have been solid since I bought them (no surprise really, its gekko gear).

Hey, how you getting on with the SmartHub?!

Got it setup preliminarily i.e hooked up to my wifi and pool details put in. I’m trying to figure out how to circumvent the 450m limit on the CompacF. Can’t seem to locate to right config file to alter.

Couple of options:
1: You can edit the HTML file that manages the software limit and simply change the max clock limit on the HTML page
2: You can edit the cgminer.conf file. However, doing this still has the 450 limit on the web page. It will always default back to 450 if you change something. You can REALLY break the system if this file changes, this is the less preferable method.

ALWAYS BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE MESSING WITH THEM!

To do option 1:
1: SSH into the pi (username "pi", password "raspberry".
2: edit /home/pi/Defaults/HTML/templates/config.html
3: Towards the bottom of the file you will find this:

"    // Add event listeners to input fields
document.getElementById("compacf_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 450));
document.getElementById("r909_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 550));
document.getElementById("newpac_freq").addEventListener("input", (e) => enforceMaxValue(e, 250));
"

Change the enforceMaxValue values.

4: Save the file and reboot the system.

Note
- It is advised you backup the file before you do anything. If you break this file you will break the system.

Note
- Overclocking is dangerous if done correctly, but you know this already. You can destroy your hardware. This is at your own risk!

---------------------

Option 2:
Edit "/home/pi/executer.sh"
Change the values shown in the file. BE VERY CARFUL NOT TO DISTURB THE FORMATTING OF THIS FILE!
gt_addict

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 01:34:18 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2023, 04:56:29 PM by gt_addict

Wonderful. Thanks for that. I found a default values file but it was “unwritable” but that walkthrough is perfect!

I was going to take the sd card out and copy all the files over to my PC before I started changing anything.

EDIT:-

Tried going the OPTION 1 route but I can't edit the file  Undecided or any other file for that matter

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 07:19:03 PM

Did you sudo?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
gt_addict

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 07:47:53 PM

Did you sudo?

I didnt at first but tried again with sudo and still no joy.

RKG456

Activity: 32
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 02:19:42 AM

Did you sudo?

I didnt at first but tried again with sudo and still no joy.

If you are able to ssh into the RPI Zero2w that is in the hub, as the pi user then you "should" have the permissions needed.
What tool are you using to ssh into the RPI Zero?    the command should be ssh pi@IPAddressOFSmartHUB. then use the password raspberry
If you do not specify the pi@ part it will try to have you ssh in to the RPI Zero as the user of your host computer.  It may ask you to accept ssh key for the pi user if you have not already done so.

Once you get logged in you can type whoami to valdate you are the pi user if you want. You can type pwd to see what directory you are in.. It should be the home folder for the pi user. To run a command as with root privileges you would use sudo COMMAND... such as sudo nano config.html  (nano being the text editor.)
IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2023, 11:47:25 AM

Wonderful. Thanks for that. I found a default values file but it was “unwritable” but that walkthrough is perfect!

I was going to take the sd card out and copy all the files over to my PC before I started changing anything.

EDIT:-

Tried going the OPTION 1 route but I can't edit the file  Undecided or any other file for that matter

when logged in, type:

"sudo nano /home/pi/Defaults/HTML/templates/config.html"

It will open the nano editor. Make your changes and save. It will let you write to the file.
gt_addict

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 03:59:25 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2023, 10:59:57 AM by gt_addict

Thanks GPIO. I’ll try that later on.

I’m using Putty if that make any difference?

EDIT:
So I managed to change the value and it saved after a restart. It still gives a warning if you try to exceed the 450 limit though. I did see the coloured text further up the file still has the "450" in the relevant field but I'm assuming that's just at text/display code and not linked to the running of cgminer?

r00t$

Activity: 117

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 08:36:16 PM

Congrats Sidehack and gang! You continue to build and deliver quality products for the home miner.
IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2023, 04:37:21 PM

Thanks GPIO. I’ll try that later on.

I’m using Putty if that make any difference?

EDIT:
So I managed to change the value and it saved after a restart. It still gives a warning if you try to exceed the 450 limit though. I did see the coloured text further up the file still has the "450" in the relevant field but I'm assuming that's just at text/display code and not linked to the running of cgminer?

If you change both instances of "450" in the config.html file you should be good.

FYI, another tip:

If you type "sudo screen -list" in the terminal, you will be presented with all of the "applications" I have executed specifically for the SmartHub ecosystem. "Screen" can be compared to minimising a program as we have all done on Windows/Mac. You will see "Cgminer". If you type "sudo screen -r ###) (### being the ID number) it will "maximise" the CGminer app and you can see whats what. When you are done, hold Ctrl and then press A and then whilst still holding Ctrl, press D. This "minimises" the windows. If you screw stuff up, just reboot the Smarthub.

Any more questions give me a shout, I wrote the software and all interfacing for the SmartHub.

Regards
IAmGPIO

gt_addict

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 08:41:43 PM

If you change both instances of "450" in the config.html file you should be good.

FYI, another tip:

If you type "sudo screen -list" in the terminal, you will be presented with all of the "applications" I have executed specifically for the SmartHub ecosystem. "Screen" can be compared to minimising a program as we have all done on Windows/Mac. You will see "Cgminer". If you type "sudo screen -r ###) (### being the ID number) it will "maximise" the CGminer app and you can see whats what. When you are done, hold Ctrl and then press A and then whilst still holding Ctrl, press D. This "minimises" the windows. If you screw stuff up, just reboot the Smarthub.

Any more questions give me a shout, I wrote the software and all interfacing for the SmartHub.

Regards
IAmGPIO

Superb, Thanks IAmGPIO, Changed both instances of the code and now get the "error" message when setting above 530m in the freq as expected.

Currently got my 6xCompacFs running at 500 on the new hub (previously 530m on the old hub). I'll incrementally bump it up to break in the new hub. Like breaking in a rebuilt engine, gotta take it easy to start with, then full beans  Grin

IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2023, 08:45:44 PM

Good stuff! Shout if you need anything else and/or have any suggestions / bugs, etc
gt_addict

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 10:29:59 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2023, 10:42:33 PM by gt_addict

Good stuff! Shout if you need anything else and/or have any suggestions / bugs, etc

Funnily enough, the screen just went off. Its still mining as it should, but the screen froze on the pool details, so pressed a button to cycle to the next screen and it switched off.

The GUI still works although it displays a lower hashrate then its actually doing, checked on the SSH in cgminer and the 5min and 15min have reset and ramping up again. Avg, 5s, 1m hashrates all read as they should.

Nothing has changed for the past 2 hours, apart from the screen going off.

I'll restart the hub and see how it fairs overnight.

IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2023, 11:13:25 PM

Funnily enough, the screen just went off. Its still mining as it should, but the screen froze on the pool details, so pressed a button to cycle to the next screen and it switched off.

The GUI still works although it displays a lower hashrate then its actually doing, checked on the SSH in cgminer and the 5min and 15min have reset and ramping up again. Avg, 5s, 1m hashrates all read as they should.

Nothing has changed for the past 2 hours, apart from the screen going off.

I'll restart the hub and see how it fairs overnight.

This is indicative of a stick that is being pushed too hard/failing and crashing CGMiner. On the screen itself, there are a few pages that reference the CGMiner API. If that can't be found at that moment In time, the screen program throws and error and closes.

You can prove this theory right by using "screen" and seeing if the CGMiner ID number changes, which implies a new instance has spawned. If so, you can start fault finding. Personally, I stop the CGMiner watchdog (screen -r ###) (### is number of cgminer watchdog) and then press ctrl c or ctrl z to close. Then see what CGMiner does. As the watchdog is closed, a new instance of cgminer won't open automatically.

If cgminer has closed, manually run it again by typing this:

sudo /home/pi/cgminer/cgminer --config /home/pi/UserConfig/cgminer.conf --verbose --gekko-compacf-freq 450  --gekko-r909-freq 550  --gekko-newpac-freq 250 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-start-freq 250 --suggest-diff 442

This is the exact command the system launches (minus your own mining speeds you have input as discussed prior). You can update the freq in this line to suit what you currently have.

Running this will help you fault find what's killing the CGMiner instance.

Unfortunately when I wrote the software I didn't have any iffy hardware or push it hard enough to throw errors. I'll look into this an implement a fix in due course for the screen app closing when it can't find the CGMiner API.

Cheers
IAmGPIO

gt_addict

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 12:58:48 PM

Yep you were spot on, one of my sticks crapped out overnight and the screen had frozen, then hit a button and it went off.

IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 02:06:56 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2023, 02:43:52 PM by IAmGPIO

Yep you were spot on, one of my sticks crapped out overnight and the screen had frozen, then hit a button and it went off.

Good stuff. I will build a fix for that in in due course. The system seems solid when hardware is stable so I am not too worried at the moment.

I will be creating a ticket/suggestion portal in due course on my site for this sort of stuff to be reported.

Cheers!
IAMGpio
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 01, 2024, 07:30:29 AM

System seems solid indeed. Around the time of the launch, my number zero had been running about 11 days uptime without any hiccups.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
daniel.duese

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2024, 02:28:03 PM

I think the SmartHub is great!!!

Is it possible to incorporate the SSH cgminer display into the website?

0: GSF 10051826: BM1397:01+ 400.00MHz T:400 P:390 (31:16) | 92.4% WU:^62% | 206.8G / 130.3Gh/s WU: 1820.0/m

Would it also be possible to integrate the bgminer into a screen process for the Moomlander II and have it displayed on the dashboard?
IAmGPIO

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2024, 09:21:56 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2024, 09:34:39 PM by IAmGPIO

I think the SmartHub is great!!!

Is it possible to incorporate the SSH cgminer display into the website?

0: GSF 10051826: BM1397:01+ 400.00MHz T:400 P:390 (31:16) | 92.4% WU:^62% | 206.8G / 130.3Gh/s WU: 1820.0/m

Would it also be possible to integrate the bgminer into a screen process for the Moomlander II and have it displayed on the dashboard?

Hey, glad you like the SmartHub!

So we wont put embedded SSH access into the web interface. However, I will put a realtime CGMiner feed into the web UI. I will add it to the next software revision list. If you want to SSH in and see the CGMiner instance, there are instructions somewhere further up in this thread.
Regarding BFGMiner - it is not something we will do right now but may do in the future.

Regards
IAmGPIO
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 02, 2024, 11:40:22 PM

So we wont put embedded SSH access into the web interface. However, I will put a realtime CGMiner feed into the web UI. I will add it to the next software revision list. If you want to SSH in and see the CGMiner instance, there are instructions somewhere further up in this thread.
Regarding BFGMiner - it is not something we will do right now but may do in the future.

Regards
IAmGPIO

Very cool little device.

Do you have a Git we can submit PRs to? I changed the display from "Million"/"Billion"/"Trillion" to "Mega"/"Giga"/"Tera" and could make that an option if others want.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: