Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I check the blockhain?  (Read 292 times)
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2023, 03:49:28 PM

You can check your transaction history in your wallet. In every wallet always have the transaction history to check the status of transaction and in there's not only transaction status, there is tx hash code or link transaction explorer to see your transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DYING_S0UL

Activity: 322
Merit: 318

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2023, 05:22:10 PM

If you run a prune node, you can check only your own transactions and if you import a new address, you have to redownload the blockchain.
If the purpose is to check any transaction without relying on third parties, a prune node wouldn't be helpful and you would have to run a full node.

That’s true but since a prune node can have some past blocks stored too, that means not all new address that needs to be verified it has to download past blockchain because some of the recent address might already have its block already on the prune node. It will redownload the entire blockchain again only if the address to be verified is older than the main address running the prune node?
I had two Questions.

• 1. How much disk space one would need to run full node and prune node? (I don't think I have enough space for either of them, 240GB SSS, sad life).
  • 2. How do we setup a blockchain node? (Again, I have no idea how this works, zero knowledge).

It would be most helpful if anyone provided the resources and thread related to this...

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
EL MOHA

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2023, 09:13:08 PM

1. How much disk space one would need to run full node and prune node? (I don't think I have enough space for either of them, 240GB SSS, sad life).

The full node actually is the one that needs more space since it stores all blockchain data’s and many more are still being stored, a 500GB plus should be ok for smooth running, you can just buy HDD instead of SSD since the former is cheaper. As for prune node it depends on the amount of space you want it to use then, I think you can specify it

2. How do we setup a blockchain node? (Again, I have no idea how this works, zero knowledge).

You can use bitcoin core as the software to run a node. Below are links of how to run a node and also where to download the bitcoin core app.
https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node
You can download bitcoincore from the link below
https://bitcoincore.org/ and then you install them, here is how to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Help:Installing_Bitcoin_Core

DYING_S0UL

Merit: 318

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2023, 05:57:21 PM

The full node actually is the one that needs more space since it stores all blockchain data’s and many more are still being stored, a 500GB plus should be ok for smooth running, you can just buy HDD instead of SSD since the former is cheaper. As for prune node it depends on the amount of space you want it to use then, I think you can specify it.
I have heard many users complaining about syncing issue when using part of a blockchain node instead of a full blockchain node. But since I don't have enough space on my device, I guess I'll have to rely on third party websites and platforms for now. And as for HDD, there isn't any hardware slot or space to add or extend the hard disk. Bad Luck.

AoBT
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
JOIN US

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
█████

██████████
HIRE US
promise444c5

Activity: 280
Merit: 139

Keep Promises !

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 07:17:23 PM
Merited by Kelward (2), fillippone (1)

Hello, when I make a transaction, sending or receiving, is it recomended to check if it's valid on the blockchain?
How do I do it?
Running my own node helps checking it? Thank you

Well running your node could be of a great help but are you ready for the datas interm of handlingand storage althoughthe job is almost done to the fullest by the nod e it self,  if you are only looking forward to just tracking your transaction or checking transaction history and validity you could could just make use of the sites that provide such tools we have the popular ones and I guess they must have shown or told u one or two in this thread , besides there are the most used ones

This two site offer almost all the tool you seek in term of your question , perhaps you could even get more knowledge from operating it Cool
Games.Bitcoin

Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 05:20:42 AM

You can check the blockchain by using Blockchain Explorer. which is a tool or website. Choose an explorer relevant to Bitcoin, such as Blockchain or blockchain.info. Which will help you to search the complete information of a particular block. If you want you can see all the information like transaction history balance and individual block, sending address. Remember that blockchain will give you complete transparency on the overall situation.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: