Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JPMorgan Chase Accused of Terminating $200,000 Account Without Warning  (Read 28 times)
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 358

View Profile
December 07, 2023, 02:12:55 AM

https://dailyhodl.com/2023/12/01/jpmorgan-chase-accused-of-terminating-200000-account-without-warning-forcing-customer-to-fly-2400-miles-for-support-report/

A loyal JPMorgan Chase customer has reportedly had his life turned upside down after discovering his account was abruptly terminated without notice.

The customer, who lives in Hawaii, says he opened his Chase account two decades ago and was shocked to learn $200,000 was suddenly inaccessible, reports the US Sun.

According to the customer, Chase told him he’d have to visit a branch in person to try and get his money.

And although Chase has ATMs in Hawaii, it does not have any physical branches, which forced the customer to fly 2,400 miles to Los Angeles in an attempt to resolve the issue.

I wonder if Chase let him open up the account from Hawaii and deposit that 200 grand remotely but then they want to make him jump through hoops to get it back. I don't think Chase is a very friendly bank. To put someone through that. Imagine having your lifetime savings frozen and then your account closed and then you have to go to them on your hands and knees to get your money back. That's what happened to this guy ^^^

I wonder if he knows about bitcoin. Because that's too much to trust a silly bank with. putting all your eggs in their customer-unfriendly hostile basket... Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: