Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I did it (I am happy to join).  (Read 1904 times)
Marykeller

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2023, 02:55:33 PM

The journey of how you started your bitcoin journey, is supposed to serve as an inspiration to those who have still not gotten the encouragement to invest in bitcoin up till this moment, rather they prefer to procrastinate instead. Ignoring the fact that the longer people put off buying bitcoin, the more probable it is that they will lose an excellent opportunity to invest in bitcoin at a discount. That's by the way. You did noble to purchase your first Bitcoin. It is only a wise man that saves for the latter rain and that's what you did. Congrats to you for having your first bitcoin. You have just joined the league of bitcoin holders.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10167

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 26, 2023, 06:59:45 PM
Merited by jeraldskie11 (1)

I always find wisdom in your writings, no wonder I don't get bored while reading your lengthy posts. I have come arose some person here in this forum that thinks, the main purpose of investment is achieved when you have at least 1full coin, rather than having smaller denominations of that coin. This is the one of the reason we find people investing in altcoins rather than Bitcoin, they think bitcoin investment is already too expensive to accumulate a whole bitcoin. However they are wrong but if accumulating a whole bitcoin is what they want, then they need to become more aggressive than ever, but they should also consider investing based on their financial income and earnings, so that they'll not do more than their capacity, then latter fall back to their investment.

Thanks Mr JayJuanGee , you're #my biggest Inspiration.

Yes.. we should try to be realistic and also appreciate that bitcoin is amongst the best of investments, if not the best investment, that anyone can make, even if they might never be able to achieve a whole bitcoin, which truly is an arbitrary amount.. since the unit amount is fixed and bitcoin is quite valuable, even though many earlier adopters likely did not realize the extent to which seemingly small amounts of bitcoin were going to end up having very large dollar prices.

So yeah, even someone who is new to bitcoin and who has a pretty decent ability to purchase between $100 to $200 per week in bitcoin, may well not even be able to achieve reaching 1 bitcoin in 5 to 10 years, and surely we cannot know for sure what the BTC price will do, but a person investing $100 to $200 per week for 10 years would have had invested $52k to $104k into bitcoin over those 10 years, and I am suspecting that even the person who invested at the higher $200 per week, might not be able to achieve a whole bitcoin in 10 years... and yes, we cannot know for sure, but the mere fact that one might not be able to achieve a whole bitcoin should not take away from the fact that each person who does not have any bitcoin (or has a low amount of bitcoin) should strive to be as aggressive as he is able to be in regards to accumulating bitcoin, but not so aggressive as to over do it or to reck himself because he failed/refused to establish and maintain an emergency fund... and so each person can figure out how much he is able to spend in order to be aggressive without over doing it.  Some people may ONLY be able to do $10 per week or month, and others might be able to invest in lump sums or even averaging out toward being able to invest $1k or more per week.

Imagine you are holding more than how much i gather over the years  Grin well   i must 
admit that I have spent almost every coins I hold when pandemic happens when the world stops
and the work ends for couple of years and i have nothing to spend but my Holdings and that
sadden me though yes I am gathering much now as i started gaining again in the last 6 months.

Anyone investing into bitcoin has to be careful to not overdo it, and to maintain an adequate and sufficient emergency fund as to be able to continue to invest (or buy btc) during bad times, or at least not sell any BTC during such bad times.  Easier said than done, but each of us should be striving to put good and sound practices in place so that we do not have to sell any of our BTC at any time that is not fully and completely of our own choosing.

Better late than never.
0.033 is already a nice amount these days, not everybody has 1400$ in crypto.

You can see that as a start only and hopefully some day you can call yourself the proud own of 100% of a bitcoin.

The road seems to be long but we have time.

What's the long term target? You have anything in mind?
It is not necessary to own a whole bitcoin.

Each person should invest in accordance with his abilities, and sure attempt to get as many bitcoin as you are able to get, up to a point... so OP has gotten to 3.3 million satoshis, and the next goal might be to get to 10 million satoshis, and then the next goal to get to 21 million satoshis, and then maybe to half of a bitcoin, etc etc etc.. and some people might not be able to reach a whole bitcoin, even if they started investing at $100 per week, they would invest $5,200 after a year and $52k after 10 years, and that still might not add up to a whole bitcoin.  Point is to do what you can, and sure be aggressive if you are able to be, and you likely need to aspire in stages and goals that are realistic and reachable.
Newbies should know that there is definitely no competition with the owning of bitcoin as it can only lead to an unhealthy competition with investor's investing beyond what they can afford to lose because they are racing to meet up with someone else they are competing against whereas their income flow is nothing compared to who they might be racing with. AFAIK, the only competition that exists with bitcoin investors is the competition against any potential challenges that may arise along the way to hamper the investor's initial long term investment plan forcing to sell at a loss. That where your competition lies and one potent way to win is having multiple income source stead of a single.

Having an emergency fund that is 3-6 months worth of expenses is also good, and planning cashflow in advance, and surely a person who has a 6 month cash reserve is going to be able to be much more aggressive in his BTC investment approach as compared with someone who has 3 months or less of cash reserves.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
rachael9385

Activity: 434
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2023, 08:00:57 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), SmartCharpa (1), Jaycoinz (1)

Having an emergency fund that is 3-6 months worth of expenses is also good, and planning cashflow in advance, and surely a person who has a 6 month cash reserve is going to be able to be much more aggressive in his BTC investment approach as compared with someone who has 3 months or less of cash reserves.
If an investor has an emergency funds, that will also help the investor to hold for a long term and also help him or her to accumulate more Bitcoins without getting to think about whether to sell a little of his or her coins to sort out some personal issues at hand.

One of the things some investors do is to try to see if they can accumulate up to a whole BTC or more, but the interesting part of it is that they can not achieve that if they don't work hard to achieve it.

And some might end up half way and some might not reach even half because there might not be a steady cash flow or over-expense might be the cause of it.

Still, they can never achieve upto 1 BTC if they don't have a steady cash flow just like you already said, but even with steady cash flows, if they don't try as much as they can (like holding their guns and not looking back but always ready to fire more money into their investment,,, they can never achieve a whole BTC).

So, the best way to achieve a whole BTC or the little one they can get is just to stick to their plans and never get tired of accumulating it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Su-asa (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 192

Never give up

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 08:26:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I always find wisdom in your writings, no wonder I don't get bored while reading your lengthy posts. I have come arose some person here in this forum that thinks, the main purpose of investment is achieved when you have at least 1full coin, rather than having smaller denominations of that coin. This is the one of the reason we find people investing in altcoins rather than Bitcoin, they think bitcoin investment is already too expensive to accumulate a whole bitcoin. However they are wrong but if accumulating a whole bitcoin is what they want, then they need to become more aggressive than ever, but they should also consider investing based on their financial income and earnings, so that they'll not do more than their capacity, then latter fall back to their investment.

Thanks Mr JayJuanGee , you're #my biggest Inspiration.

Yes.. we should try to be realistic and also appreciate that bitcoin is amongst the best of investments, if not the best investment, that anyone can make, even if they might never be able to achieve a whole bitcoin, which truly is an arbitrary amount.. since the unit amount is fixed and bitcoin is quite valuable, even though many earlier adopters likely did not realize the extent to which seemingly small amounts of bitcoin were going to end up having very large dollar prices.

So yeah, even someone who is new to bitcoin and who has a pretty decent ability to purchase between $100 to $200 per week in bitcoin, may well not even be able to achieve reaching 1 bitcoin in 5 to 10 years, and surely we cannot know for sure what the BTC price will do, but a person investing $100 to $200 per week for 10 years would have had invested $52k to $104k into bitcoin over those 10 years, and I am suspecting that even the person who invested at the higher $200 per week, might not be able to achieve a whole bitcoin in 10 years... and yes, we cannot know for sure, but the mere fact that one might not be able to achieve a whole bitcoin should not take away from the fact that each person who does not have any bitcoin (or has a low amount of bitcoin) should strive to be as aggressive as he is able to be in regards to accumulating bitcoin, but not so aggressive as to over do it or to reck himself because he failed/refused to establish and maintain an emergency fund... and so each person can figure out how much he is able to spend in order to be aggressive without over doing it.  Some people may ONLY be able to do $10 per week or month, and others might be able to invest in lump sums or even averaging out toward being able to invest $1k or more per week.
The future is more brighter than now, so if I managed to accumulate 1 Bitcoin I will be very happy because it is not a day story to tell but it is a mile stone and everyone will he very happt to achieve it.
Starting with $1400 is also not a bad idea if an investor is eiger to get involved into Bitcoin, I can constantly DCA $50 in Bitcoin monthly and I am rest assured that with time I might increase frim $50 to $70 or more in Bitcoin, if I manage to put $100 in Bitcoin, it will take me 8 years to achieve 1 BTC in this current price.
If one don't have a plan he or she can not get want they want, but as it is very hard to achieve a goal, one will need discipline to do so.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 02:30:50 AM

If an investor has an emergency funds, that will also help the investor to hold for a long term and also help him or her to accumulate more Bitcoins without getting to think about whether to sell a little of his or her coins to sort out some personal issues at hand.

One of the things some investors do is to try to see if they can accumulate up to a whole BTC or more, but the interesting part of it is that they can not achieve that if they don't work hard to achieve it.

And some might end up half way and some might not reach even half because there might not be a steady cash flow or over-expense might be the cause of it.

Still, they can never achieve upto 1 BTC if they don't have a steady cash flow just like you already said, but even with steady cash flows, if they don't try as much as they can (like holding their guns and not looking back but always ready to fire more money into their investment,,, they can never achieve a whole BTC).

So, the best way to achieve a whole BTC or the little one they can get is just to stick to their plans and never get tired of accumulating it.

Perhaps if a person had come into bitcoin around the top of the 2021 market and had contemplated that he was able to spend around $100 to $150 per week, and he speculated that he might be able to accumulate 10 million to 20 million satoshis in the next coming 3-4 years, and maybe he might have thought that maybe he might be able to get up to 1 bitcoin in 10-15 years.. perhaps perhaps... but then when the BTC price ended up correcting two years ago, he may well would have considered that to be an opportunity to buy bitcoin at lower prices, and therefore his $125-ish per week for the last 2 years would have resulted in right around $13k invested and close to 0.55 BTC, and so he might be considering that it could be possible to get up to the accumulation of 1 BTC in the next 3-4 years, especially if he might be able to increase his  DCA amount.  Of course, there are no guarantees in regard to his ability to reach 1 BTC, but it may well seem like a realistic goal, even if it is a bit of an arbitrary amount, and maybe any of us would be striving to accumulate as  much BTC as we are able to accumulate, depending upon our own personal circumstances, and even though the amount we accumulate can make some differences, we still just strive to do our bests, and sometimes like you suggested, there might be some needs to cut back the amount DCAing and other times, there maybe be some abilities to increase the DCA amount.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Makus

Activity: 308
Merit: 214

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2023, 04:24:41 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Perhaps if a person had come into bitcoin around the top of the 2021 market and had contemplated that he was able to spend around $100 to $150 per week, and he speculated that he might be able to accumulate 10 million to 20 million satoshis in the next coming 3-4 years, and maybe he might have thought that maybe he might be able to get up to 1 bitcoin in 10-15 years.. perhaps perhaps... but then when the BTC price ended up correcting two years ago, he may well would have considered that to be an opportunity to buy bitcoin at lower prices, and therefore his $125-ish per week for the last 2 years would have resulted in right around $13k invested and close to 0.55 BTC, and so he might be considering that it could be possible to get up to the accumulation of 1 BTC in the next 3-4 years, especially if he might be able to increase his  DCA amount.  Of course, there are no guarantees in regard to his ability to reach 1 BTC, but it may well seem like a realistic goal, even if it is a bit of an arbitrary amount, and maybe any of us would be striving to accumulate as  much BTC as we are able to accumulate, depending upon our own personal circumstances, and even though the amount we accumulate can make some differences, we still just strive to do our bests, and sometimes like you suggested, there might be some needs to cut back the amount DCAing and other times, there maybe be some abilities to increase the DCA amount.

Currently the price of Bitcoin is still below the ATH with a $25k difference. And anyone who missed the opportunity of buying now would still make same calculations you made earlier and would still have considered now to be the best time to make his investment in Bitcoin. That is why the best time of investing in Bitcoin was yesterday and the second best is today. Those who complain about the price now and procrastinate buying, would still make complains and regret they didn't buy when the price was $43k. I think some times we just gat to leave our comfort zone and become more aggressive in our accumulation by trying to use other strategies. After securing our emergency fund that could last for about 3 months, using lump sum would be a great idea. Because how far you go in your accumulation is determined by the opportunities you took advantage of when the price was still low.
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 05:12:07 AM

Very nice purchase, it's a big purchase friend you invested in Bitcoin it's very desirable. But Op if you don't invest at once, it would be best to invest following DCA method. Investing in Bitcoin with the DCA method will make you want to invest more, and you will always want to invest in Bitcoin. It's good that you invested now because even though the price of Bitcoin is a bit bullish at the moment, and the price of Bitcoin will continue to improve even more in the future. So I never consider investing in Bitcoin as a risk, I think investing in Bitcoin is a good decision.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 113

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 06:43:51 AM

I wanted to buy my first Bitcoin in the month of October but, based on some personal issues, I tried not to invest at that time.
However, that was the best time to buy some Bitcoin, but still, today I have finally bought my first Bitcoin. It is quite hard to do this, but I finally did it.
on this thread, I talked about my plans on how I can buy Bitcoin monthly, but I finally changed the plans, so I have save enough money through the help of my business (I have cars that I use for bolt business and I am making good profits from it).
Although I bought my first Bitcoin through a P2P transaction with an exchange wallet, after receiving my first coins I have to resend them to an electrum Bitcoin wallet because it is safer.

With the names above, I was so encouraged to buy Bitcoin and hold it for a long term.
@Distinctin, @m2017, @Peanutswar, @wxa7115, @wxa7115, @TheUltraElite, @Minecache, @lovesmayfamilis, @Lorence.xD, @Nrcewker, @Blitzboy, @lranus, @Darker45, @adzino, @CryptoHeadlineNews, @Ultegra134, @gunhell16, @rachael9385, @aylabadia05, @tabas, @CryptopreneurBrainboss, @Cryptomultiplier, @Lucius, @cryptoaddictchie,@Jawhead999, @tbct_mt2,Z-tight, @Yamane_Keto, @Out of mind, @Oshosondy, @mocacinno, @Dave1, @Makus, @Mr.right85, @serjent05, @Potato Chips.

With the help of the above names and those that I didn't mention, I was encouraged to start the investment as soon as possible.

There is no specific time to invest in Bitcoins, Bitcoins should be purchased only when there are no more deposits to be had. You buy bitcoins above about one thousand dollars it is most attractive for the present time. But your first investment will definitely be successful because there is bitcoin halving in the future, so the price of bitcoin will definitely increase and you will also get benefit. But I would like to give you some advice to make your investment period long. Bitcoin investment is definitely more profitable if it is long-term. You already noticed that Bitcoin price was very low last two months and has almost doubled in the current time.

rachael9385

Activity: 434
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2023, 07:09:26 AM

Accumulating $100 per week from now till the next 10 years will be a good one because, from my calculations, I got $52000 in total and,, the price of Bitcoin is @$43000. But come to think of it, within 10 years, the price of Bitcoin might skyrocket above $150,000k or above $200,000, so the $52k that the investor accumulated might not be able to reach a whole Bitcoin or even half a Bitcoin.

But nevertheless, we should just constantly DCA the amount that we can and not to contemplate whether to reduce the amount we accumulate but we should only be thinking of increasing the amount we put in Bitcoin weekly or monthly.

However, achieving a whole Bitcoin can be so easy if an investor always keeps emergency funds separate from Bitcoin investment and still, also has a steady cash flow, and with time if he still increases the DCAing amount.

Although the OP did well as he purchased the amount he bought (above $1k), it would be better if he constantly bought weekly with the help of the DCAing strategy, as he already said he has a steady cash flow.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2023, 08:04:50 AM

There are only few people that i believe when talking about bitcoin and as it is for Holding , one of them is JJG because His wisdom and thoughts keeps me becoming a more better in terms of believing and holding bitcoin.
In the past i kept having even shitcoin in my Folio but now things has changed and like yours , I'll keep filling my folio with bitcoin though i still have few altcoins but those are reserved for at least payment options specially when the network is congested and i need to release some funds for payments or at least to gamble sometimes but my bitcoin remain intact and ready for HODL.

Please Keep your funds OP as long as you can so you will never regret any decisions from here and in the future like what other does selling their funds and not readying for emergencies of life.

Congratulations once again and keep it there.

NewRanger

Activity: 1554
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2023, 08:17:58 AM

Please Keep your funds OP as long as you can so you will never regret any decisions from here and in the future like what other does selling their funds and not readying for emergencies of life.

My office friend also really doesn't like investing in BTC, I once suggested to him to change your dollars into BTC during the last downturn (because he loves Altcoins) and as a result he just admitted that the increase in BTC prices was very significant even though the waiting period was almost a year.

What you said to the OP is correct in this case that Holding will provide more value than what the OP has currently invested by owning 0.033 BTC. and this is also one way to prevent losing our money in the market.

The important thing is to never get caught up in fomo or hype so that our position is at the smallest risk and remain patient, the key which will help us save assets when we see falling prices.
EarnOnVictor

Activity: 658
Merit: 599

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 08:37:41 AM

Very nice purchase, it's a big purchase friend you invested in Bitcoin it's very desirable. But Op if you don't invest at once, it would be best to invest following DCA method. Investing in Bitcoin with the DCA method will make you want to invest more, and you will always want to invest in Bitcoin. It's good that you invested now because even though the price of Bitcoin is a bit bullish at the moment, and the price of Bitcoin will continue to improve even more in the future. So I never consider investing in Bitcoin as a risk, I think investing in Bitcoin is a good decision.
You consider it wisely because you are in the business already, but for those who want to participate newly, they might not know anything called DCA. This is why we should learn what we want to deal with financially before we do it so that all the information and purposefulness in them can be well utilized for our advantage. As it is now, there is no how the OP can make so much money through Bitcoin, that's just the truth, and you could imagine the purchase of about $44,000, it will take Bitcoin to get to $132,000 before the OP can make x3 of his money, and that is if Bitcoin will get to that level at all. Getting to about $100,000 in this bull run having moved so much already is what I am confident of. But getting far more than that is what I can't really believe would happen this time. Many are anticipating a very big move but I believe that cryptocurrencies are getting much more these days, and the money might be spread on all of them and not Bitcoin only.

This might limit the level at which Bitcoin would reach even as people are getting smarter to make more money and not believing in HODLing Bitcoin alone. However, if the OP follows your advice, it is never too late, he can liquidate it and try the DCA approach. After all, Bitcoin is still close to his striking price, but I don't think Bitcoin can significantly go lower again to make it make much difference.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 08:38:26 AM

Nice move man Congrats for finally having bitcoin my only advise for now "jus hodl" that 0.033 btc of yours can turn into a lot of profits someday don't be affected by incoming fuds  just continue to buy whenever bitcoin dips you can wait for the top of this bullmarket to take profit and wait for another buying opportunity.  

Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 09:07:54 AM

Nice move man Congrats for finally having bitcoin my only advise for now "jus hodl" that 0.033 btc of yours can turn into a lot of profits someday don't be affected by incoming fuds  just continue to buy whenever bitcoin dips you can wait for the top of this bullmarket to take profit and wait for another buying opportunity.  
Sure he  will keep that coin for long , because it took him some time , effort and knowledge before finally buying this means how important to Him having this amount and for sure that is just the beginning and will extend more and more before the great halving happens ,
or maybe he will continue holding for more years readying for His future and His family as well.
Congrats to OP and happy Holding , welcome to the Gang  mate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Su-asa (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 192

Never give up

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 09:10:46 AM

You consider it wisely because you are in the business already, but for those who want to participate newly, they might not know anything called DCA. This is why we should learn what we want to deal with financially before we do it so that all the information and purposefulness in them can be well utilized for our advantage. As it is now, there is no how the OP can make so much money through Bitcoin, that's just the truth, and you could imagine the purchase of about $44,000, it will take Bitcoin to get to $132,000 before the OP can make x3 of his money, and that is if Bitcoin will get to that level at all. Getting to about $100,000 in this bull run having moved so much already is what I am confident of. But getting far more than that is what I can't really believe would happen this time. Many are anticipating a very big move but I believe that cryptocurrencies are getting much more these days, and the money might be spread on all of them and not Bitcoin only.

This might limit the level at which Bitcoin would reach even as people are getting smarter to make more money and not believing in HODLing Bitcoin alone. However, if the OP follows your advice, it is never too late, he can liquidate it and try the DCA approach. After all, Bitcoin is still close to his striking price, but I don't think Bitcoin can significantly go lower again to make it make much difference.
Honestly I understand what you are saying but there are other newbies that still understand what they are doing and what is called DCAing strategy (not all forum newbies are Bitcoin newbie) some of us here are not bitcoin newbies but me I am a bitcoin newbie.. however, I have invested in Bitcoin as a newbie but still I have learned some things about Bitcoin from this topic, and am still learning, so I just try to continue learning while I am investing so I can gain proper understanding about Bitcoin (as the more I will accumulate, that's the more I will gain more understanding about Bitcoin).
It might take a while for me to understand Bitcoin in full as Bitcoin is not a subject or something one can learn in just a day, so learning while investing might be the best idea to do.

peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 11:33:22 AM

Happy Holding mate , we will always be proud of people like you that does not care about what others and social media says instead focusing on your goals of supporting and having bitcoin in your pocket.
I must say you are one of the best example of how the world will adopt bitcoin because of how you trusted this and how you are proud of having it.
Good luck to us Holding bitcoin for long.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 01:39:15 AM

[edited out]
After securing our emergency fund that could last for about 3 months, using lump sum would be a great idea. Because how far you go in your accumulation is determined by the opportunities you took advantage of when the price was still low.

I personally believe that it is best to get started investing into BTC ASAP, even if you might not have had sufficiently secured your 3-6 months of emergency funds.  Surely you can engage in multiple kinds of behaviors at the same time to get your financial and psychological house in order, and if you have really straight forward finances, and maybe even other investments that you could draw from, you might be able to get away with an emergency fund that is ONLY 3 months, but if you have a lot of complications in your cashflow and/or your expenses, you may well need 6 months of expenses saved up, and the more aggressive that you want to be in terms of your bitcoin investment, the more likely you will need a larger (or longer period) worth of emergency funds.

[edited out]
However, achieving a whole Bitcoin can be so easy if an investor always keeps emergency funds separate from Bitcoin investment and still, also has a steady cash flow, and with time if he still increases the DCAing amount.

Although the OP did well as he purchased the amount he bought (above $1k), it would be better if he constantly bought weekly with the help of the DCAing strategy, as he already said he has a steady cash flow.

The fact of the matter (based on posts in this thread and in his other thread) is that OP has disclosed that he likely blew his whole wadd on making a lump sum investment that he might not have had been in a position to afford.. or at least it is quite a deviation from his initial ideas, and he had not really saved for doing aggressive DCA and/or buying on dips, so he had largely been overly (perhaps gambling) on up, and he barely has enough to do $10 per week (which he said his plan is to do $50 per month, and yeah maybe he is holding some of that back for buying on dips?  perhaps? perhaps?), so it seems to me that he is not in any kind of a position to buy $100 per week of bitcoin unless he robs a bank or something like that (which I am not recommending), so it is really difficult to know if OP will ever reach 1 bitcoin - even in 10 years -  unless he is able to either increase his cashflow and/or to decrease his expenses... or if there also might be some other matters about OPs wealth that he did not mention.

Of course present cashflow and circumstances do not necessarily foretell future possibilities and/or limits in regards to cashflow and other wealth related circumstances, so it is possible that OP could improve (or increase) his cashflow circumstances and therefore increase the amount of BTC that he can buy whether he does more lump sum purchases, buying on dips, and/or DCA to attempt to accomplish such an aim for one bitcoin, if he is even thinking about the necessity to reach such randomly (arbitrary) and potentially unnecessary and/or inapplicable an amount.

There are only few people that i believe when talking about bitcoin and as it is for Holding , one of them is JJG because His wisdom and thoughts keeps me becoming a more better in terms of believing and holding bitcoin.

But even JJG can be wrong.. so don't come crying to me when (or is it if?) you lose all your money.

In the past i kept having even shitcoin in my Folio but now things has changed and like yours , I'll keep filling my folio with bitcoin though i still have few altcoins but those are reserved for at least payment options specially when the network is congested and i need to release some funds for payments or at least to gamble sometimes but my bitcoin remain intact and ready for HODL.

Yep the default is mostly to say no to shitcoins, and if for some reason you cannot help yourself to gamble and/or experiment then maybe go up to 10% of your holdings in shitcoins, absent some kind of inside knowledge and/or superior information, which is mostly never going to be true unless you happen to be a scammer or teamed up with some scammer who is not scamming you, too.

Congratulations once again and keep it there.

4-10 years or longer. is a good starting point in the way of considering bitcoin investing, especially for any kind of lump sum investment.... and there may be folks who have shorter than 4 year timelines because of age, health and/or even some personal circumstances.. and those folks should be investing less into bitcoin rather than more... that is if they are wanting to attempt to play some kind of a wave, then they should be playing with less money if they are wanting to try to do that with bitcoin with money that they might need in less than 4 years.. and one of the ideas of the advise of not investing into bitcoin money that you cannot afford to lose is that you already have your shit together in such a way that you may well not even need the money in 4-10 years or longer and you are willing to ride your investment into bitcoin down to zero if that kind of scenario ends up coming to pass... so be as aggressive as you can be, while at the same time realizing and recognizing that there are no guarantees that you won't end up losing all the money that you put in.

Many are anticipating a very big move but I believe that cryptocurrencies are getting much more these days, and the money might be spread on all of them and not Bitcoin only.

Diversification for the mere sake of diversification is usually not a good idea, so hopefully guys are not so dumb to fuck around with shitcoins until they established their bitcoin strategy first, and then maybe if they are the gambling types then maybe they could dabble up to 10% in various shitcoins... but it might not even be wise or necessary... but hey people can choose what they like, even when they have amongst the best of investments in front of them (namely bitcoin) and if they want to either dilute that investment or to play around with shitcoins, then that's their choice... hopefully if they do end up playing around with shitcoins they realize it is an in and out strategy in order to get more bitcoin, so then why even go through a process of figuring out which shitcoins are worth your time, energies and monetary value to put into those kinds of snake-oil pump & dump type products.

It is not easy to get in and out of something once a lump sum investment is made, but I do agree that if someone recognizes that they had made a mistake, they might have to adjust their strategy in order to allow them funds for what they should have had done, which is being able to DCA and buy the dip with similar amounts... and there are no exactly strict rules regarding how much should be allocated to each category in regards to DCA, buying oin dips and lump sum.

So let's say that OP had $1,500 in cash and then he ONLY has around $50 to $100 per month that he could use to buy BTC (so let's call it $75 - so that would be right around $450 over 6 months.), and so even if we might say that his total budget over 6 months is right around $2,100, then for me that would be $700 in each category, but that does not even mean that what I am thinking is the best way to do it, but that would be my initial inclination and thinking point based on the information that I have, and if there is other information to change what I am going to do, then I might adapt that and maybe lean a bit heavier on the lump sum being higher than $700 but then that would end up taking away from the one and/or the other of the allocations... so for sure there are trade offs, and we have to be careful if we are going all in.. but if we do end up doing something like that, we have to be willing to live with the consequences that if the BTC price moves against us, then all we have left is $75 per month to make BTC buys.. and maybe that ends up being enough for whatever trade-offs that we were weighing.

[edited out]
Honestly I understand what you are saying but there are other newbies that still understand what they are doing and what is called DCAing strategy (not all forum newbies are Bitcoin newbie) some of us here are not bitcoin newbies but me I am a bitcoin newbie.. however, I have invested in Bitcoin as a newbie but still I have learned some things about Bitcoin from this topic, and am still learning, so I just try to continue learning while I am investing so I can gain proper understanding about Bitcoin (as the more I will accumulate, that's the more I will gain more understanding about Bitcoin).
It might take a while for me to understand Bitcoin in full as Bitcoin is not a subject or something one can learn in just a day, so learning while investing might be the best idea to do.

When I first started investing in bitcoin in late 2013, one of my goals was to invest and also to study bitcoin for the next 6 months, and then I extended the same budget for the next 6 months, so then after a year, I had learned quite a bit, but I continued to study bitcoin and to tweak my strategies from time to time based on my learnings... and surely sometimes mistakes are made along the way, and frequently there are ways to recover from mistakes in fairly prudent manners, but it could still take a while to completely recover from some kinds of mistakes, yet it seems the longer that we are in bitcoin, the more likely we can put systems in place to mitigate mistakes and even to lessen their impact or the likelihood that they will happen.. but we still will likely continue to learn and to make some mistakes at various points along the way.. and one of our goals might be that when 4-10 years or longer comes along, we are still in the game and we have not been reckt in the process, and maybe even if we are fairly young, then we want to be improving our lives even 15-30 years down the road with some considerations that we are still going to continue to have BTC in our holdings, absent some convincing changes (or undermining) of its investment thesis.

Happy Holding mate , we will always be proud of people like you that does not care about what others and social media says instead focusing on your goals of supporting and having bitcoin in your pocket.
I must say you are one of the best example of how the world will adopt bitcoin because of how you trusted this and how you are proud of having it.
Good luck to us Holding bitcoin for long.

That is a good point too, peter0425.  Even if we might be learning and we might be reading various ideas about bitcoin and bitcoin investing we have to come to our own conclusions in regards to what is best for our own situation, and then to own our decisions, including to make adaptations if we believe that we need to make them, but not necessarily to make any changes merely because someone on this forum made such suggestion(s).. 

barisbilgili

Activity: 854
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 03:45:25 AM

Sure he  will keep that coin for long , because it took him some time , effort and knowledge before finally buying this means how important to Him having this amount and for sure that is just the beginning and will extend more and more before the great halving happens ,
or maybe he will continue holding for more years readying for His future and His family as well.
Congrats to OP and happy Holding , welcome to the Gang  mate.
If we have decided to hold Bitcoin for a long period of time of course we must have a good plan to be able to carry out what we have planned and it is also very important to have good knowledge to be able to hold it for a long period of time because if we don't have a good understanding about Bitcoin then we will be affected by bad news about Bitcoin, when we have a good understanding of Bitcoin of course we will be able to easily achieve the targets we have set and we also have to be patient before the big halving happens.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Dailyscript

Activity: 154
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 07:36:41 AM

After securing our emergency fund that could last for about 3 months, using lump sum would be a great idea. Because how far you go in your accumulation is determined by the opportunities you took advantage of when the price was still low.
From what I understand, OP has been struggling financially with the passion to invest in bitcoin sooner. Until he was capable of saving a little to buy his first bitcoin. I am kind of certain that OP does not keep money for emergency funds. He sounds like an individual in that whenever he receives his income, he settles the housekeeping bills and thinks of where to invest his money next. So this made him save up regularly to start an investment.

If OP's monthly income is stable, I think the best thing to do to accumulate bitcoin faster is to DCA consistently, but if his income is not steady and it varies from different prices based on his work input, I will suggest saving up for 3 to 6 months and lump sum.

Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 200

View Profile
December 29, 2023, 07:48:51 AM

If we have decided to hold Bitcoin for a long period of time of course we must have a good plan to be able to carry out what we have planned and it is also very important to have good knowledge to be able to hold it for a long period of time because if we don't have a good understanding about Bitcoin then we will be affected by bad news about Bitcoin, when we have a good understanding of Bitcoin of course we will be able to easily achieve the targets we have set and we also have to be patient before the big halving happens.
People often do this not having no knowledge about Bitcoin, they just know Bitcoin as one investment that can double their money with time without examining and understanding the strings attached to Bitcoin.

It is good seeing those who make it their greatest obligation to keep on getting acquainted with the use of Bitcoin and its  blockchain always ends up making good profits from their investment, simply those who invest with the intention of a long term holding.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: