Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:43:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The so called fuel subsidy removal.  (Read 209 times)
Justbillywitt

Activity: 280
Merit: 234

View Profile
December 24, 2023, 04:01:19 PM

That una chief watin una do am? Since una allow the man hide one bag and still share from the other bag, the community people don fuck up. If na my place that chief house for don catch fire and that rice them go cook am for him burial take entertain visitors wey com bury am. He is wicked, people like that are adding to the problem of this country. Una go first treat the fuck up wey una see with una eye before complaining about the one wey dey Also Rock.

Fline Han

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2023, 04:09:31 PM

I think staying positive in this economy will do us a lot of good, na person wey take care of himself dey stay alive to enjoy opportunities, there are those making it big time despite the harshness of the leadership.

Subsidy or no subsidy, positioning yourself with a positive mindset would always be better than worrying about things you cannot change.

Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
December 24, 2023, 10:40:26 PM

I think staying positive in this economy will do us a lot of good, na person wey take care of himself dey stay alive to enjoy opportunities, there are those making it big time despite the harshness of the leadership.

Subsidy or no subsidy, positioning yourself with a positive mindset would always be better than worrying about things you cannot change.

No be lie you still talk even as we expect say government go stop
certain corrupt practices wey make people dey jakpa from the country. The country dey swim inside corruption and that one no dey give guys hope say things go better that na why people no dey want wait to search for opportunities here and me no too dey blame people when dem dey fear scam but if you don see hand wey want genuinely lift you up, make you show interest to learn and follow up because dat fit be the opportunity in disguise.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 11:45:23 AM

What I gather from this fuel subsidy removal is that the current government has been finding it difficult to fund their flamboyant lifestyle. So, they need some extra source of income and what better way to do it than to stop paying subsidy? They say the country is broke but the government of the day is not cutting costs in any way. It is you and I, the civilians that will pay to fund the government's wastage. This government is not doing any reasonable thing to alleviate the hardship on its people. I fear we may see a breakdown of law and order before the current tenure is over.

Jegileman

Activity: 378
Merit: 192

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 12:18:32 PM

We are all shocked and also in dissatisfaction about how the living of every Nigerian has turned out to be today. Removal of fuel subsidy was meant to cushion a lot of things in the economy in order to make the country a better place for us all. But the removal of it has now brought upon us more hardship and cruel life that we can’t afford anymore. I don’t hate the idea of fuel subsidy removal because of the future benefits that awaits us if they use those funds well but what pains the most is that the government couldn’t provide enough relief materials for us to help through this phase, it is very sad, indeed very sad as a Nigerian.

Manny@11111

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2023, 09:10:53 AM

In my own candid opinion, I disagree with this so called fuel subsidy removal. Standard of living was better during the era of fuel subsidy. It was better when public funds were misappropriated and Embezzled. Let them eat the money and allow us to buy fuel at a subsidized rate.
 Imagine since the inception of this subsidy removal dating from 29th of may 2023, I have been unable to run my power generating set (generator) due to high cost of fueling. I now buy Ice block to cool my drinks since I can't use generator to power my refrigerator In my local grocery store.
 The one that shock me again is that port Harcourt to owerri I used to pay a total fare #1,500 from my residence to mbaitoli in owerri, I now paid a total amount #11,000. This is disheartening.
When I fuel my motorcycle with #1000 just to go and buy something, I can't use that fuel for the next day because I will be having empty tank. My church generator always shuts down during service since we can't afford sufficient fuel.
The one that anger me the most is that, the so called palliative which was meant to cushion the effect of the subsidy was not evenly distributed, what got to my locality was one cup of rice for one person, I learnt that two bags of rice was given to our chief, he reserved one bag for him and his family and then share one bag to the whole community he also had share from this one bag meant for the community for himself again as though he has collected before. Just the same way he reserved one for himself  I know that is how everybody that had come in contact from that top(federal) had been stealing, hiding and reserving for themselves. What a country.

I know where you are coming from as is biting hard on Nigerians big time. Your discussion have mainly 2 believes 1. People who believed is justified and 2. People who believed is not justified, which I belong to. Whichever believe one belongs to I believe they can defend it. Let me talk about my believe.

Let's start by asking ourselves what subsidy is, it is a premium government pays to augment price of of goods and services in other to bring down the price for citizen to access them cheaper, which is part of government responsibility to its citizens.
Inasmuch government has told us fuel subsidy is a scam, the question we need to ask is ''how is it a scam''? because if you already knew the problem to fuel subsidy, which is scam, then why not address it instead of removing the subsidy
Some people will say is not easy to eradicated the corruption going on in the oil sector but the truth of this matter is that government owns all these ministries and parastatals governing these sector so are we saying government can not control what it owns?
My own take is that government is not ready to do what is right for citizens, they chose the convinient way out but when it has to do with them in governance they will defend it with their blood. When a governor in the south west was sworn in and discovered the level of corruption in the civil service he decided on his own to stop it and put lots of controls in place to curb those excesses and today their citizens are enjoying better dividends (most especially roads) that many governors before him failed to do.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: