Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does technical analysis work in crypto trading?  (Read 531 times)
Bibit52

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 09:30:00 AM

People who say that technical is not working is because they don't know even place a support and resistance in a right place, i think with price action, fibo and trendline, you can know the trend and just follow after a pullback and some fundamentals comfirmations, the sentiment analysis can be hard but with a minimum risk and good monney management i think that you can take good trade, no over traiding and avoid volatility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eldestyoung

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2023, 02:32:22 AM

Technical analysis is a very important tool use by most investors, it help them to identify market trends and predict the future price movements of a particular project.

By carrying out technical analysis an investor might be able to find out how real a project is and it potential
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 26, 2023, 09:01:58 AM

For all my 5 months in trading, I'm learning only technical analysis but now everyone is talking about the concept of "Smart Money". So I think that trading is changing and speculators should stop trading based on technical analysis. Or smart money just a concept that cannot possibly work in the market,

Technical analysis is a great tool for trading, at least in my case it has helped me a lot over the years and I still use it today. I can understand that some people are skeptical to only use past data to try and identify trends to base their strategies on, but it definitely works. Already by looking at the charts we can see those crypto currencies, like most other asset classes tend to move in cycles. With technical analysis we can identify these cycles and trade accordingly. The problem we have in technical analysis is that there are so many different indicators and it's not that all of them are going to give us the same answer. We need to choose carefully which indicators we are using and when there is conflicting data, we need to make further analysis. There is a lot of noise in the crypto markets and we need to make sure we use actual trading signals and not fall for over or under reactions. Technical analysis is just a tool that gives us indications and not something that will make us rich quickly.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2023, 09:33:22 AM

If you invest in the crypto market, you really need careful calculations and research because in trading no one can guarantee that it will run smoothly according to our wishes, but we are expected to be able to follow market changes to the maximum and the market will never be free from the volatility factor and play. with no pressure at all to succeed in the market.

With volatility, many experienced traders always take the opportunity to make money instead of avoiding not entering again and indeed currently Bitcoin is still facing an uncertain direction whether it will match what people say will rise strongly in the early months of next year for whatever reason. BTC is down, this also has an impact on other Altcoins too.
cafter

Activity: 448
Merit: 222

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2023, 09:40:21 AM

some indicators are lagging and some leading, because if the trader will use the indicator for trending market to a chart which is trading in a range.
then how the trader will be able to get right signal applying wring indicator? I think the main cause is this for TA not working.
I will make strategies for trending market and range bound market, and wait for the opportunity because most of the time we be impatient and take wrong trades which causes losses.
MACD is good in trending market even moving averages also work great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: