Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy Tons of Bitcoins and Drop the Price  (Read 2683 times)
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:34:04 AM

question about 1. how to buy tons of bitcoins? im poor

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:35:16 AM

very easy.. use reverse psychology.. i encourage people not to sell.. but i know most people will sell cuz they think i am bag holder i wanna be rich... but nope.. i short my bitcoins.. and earning like 8 times already this week LOL!

thanks guys!! free around 7+ btcs/// muakzzz i love u guys..

i still shorting till 455 LOL!.. but tomorrow onwards i gona long 500 =)

phelix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:59:41 AM

1. Buy lots of BTC from a large holders via a broker a price of "Bitstamp + 10"
2. Dump 10% of it on Bitstamp --> Price goes down
3. Rinse and repeat

I have a feeling it is happening right now.

Sounds like a viable strategy to make use of the fact that there are some early adopters with large stashes. Any evidence that this is happening?
I am pretty sure that Bitcoin brokers exist. "Bitstamp + 10" and "only orders larger than $100k" is rumor.

I think this would work until the large holders (EAs) selling at "Bitstamp + 10" get wise.  If this is true, I expect we should see some very large market buys by the current dumpers once they've accumulated their hoard.  With mark-to-market accounting, these large holders can possibly increase their mark-to-market net worth by more than the number of dollars used to later pump the price.  In other words, once they've accumulated their hoard, they want slippage. 

Rinse and repeat and the price keeps ratcheting up like a staircase

Probably we have seen that before.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Yup. Probably nothing else to do about it. Still important for the whales considering to sell to know about this strategy.
nidhogg1

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:33:56 AM

100,000 bitcoins would be 5million dollars do you think people really put that much on an exchange if they do they r foolish and we'll shouldn't have 5m

nice math
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:44:02 AM

That is the opposite of what I do.

Go to Walmart and buy a high priced item using my gyft gift card (paid for with bitcoins) which gives me a 3% discount.

Return the item and get 100% cash back.

Then use that cash to buy bitcoins on Bitstamp driving the price UP!

rinse and repeat

Wait a second.  Does that actually work?  You can arbitrage using the Gyft loyalty discount?  That's pretty funny. 

a lot of high price items have restocking fees..  you can get by a few times but this idea isn't going to make my much hay

and many times they will just make you keep store credit

even still.. 3% on a $2000 item is a whole $60.. unless you know someone who works there, or work there yourself, you won't be able to grind that many times

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: