Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone paid $450K for three (extremely) pixelated cartoon characters  (Read 198 times)
headingnorth (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 40

NO SHITCOIN INSIDE

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 09:45:23 PM

Why in gods name would anyone pay anything for this stupid crap?
Must be some kind of money laundering scheme.

'Bitcoin NFT' Hysteria Comes to Sotheby's as Super-Mario-Style Mushroom Character Tops $200K

Dec 14, 2023

In the historic auction house's first-ever sale of the Ordinals inscriptions known as "NFTs on Bitcoin," a batch of three pixelated images from a mushroom-themed collection drew about $450,000, or roughly five times the highest estimates...continued below

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/12/14/bitcoin-nft-hysteria-comes-to-sothebys-as-super-mario-style-mushroom-character-tops-200k/

ETHEREUM IS THE MOTHER ASSHOLE FROM WHICH THE SHITCOINS SPRING.
Captain Corporate

Activity: 2002
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2023, 09:53:35 PM

I am %99 sure this is money laundering. I mean that %1 is because I have absolutely no proof of that, but "innocent until found guilty" is when we are talking about a courtroom, not public opinion, and I can have my own opinion on the matter without needing proof. If they could provide proof who bought it and where they found the money and it turns out its some accountant who invested in apple early on and made some wealth and gave his teenage son some money to spend for college and that kid invested into this, yeah then I will believe it. But until someone offers me some proof, I will keep thinking that these are all money laundering and nothing else. That, or someone created this, and bought his own thing himself with different account, to get some media coverage about it to make others want to buy it too.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 09:58:14 PM

I am %99 sure this is money laundering. I mean that %1 is because I have absolutely no proof of that, but "innocent until found guilty" is when we are talking about a courtroom, not public opinion, and I can have my own opinion on the matter without needing proof. If they could provide proof who bought it and where they found the money and it turns out its some accountant who invested in apple early on and made some wealth and gave his teenage son some money to spend for college and that kid invested into this, yeah then I will believe it. But until someone offers me some proof, I will keep thinking that these are all money laundering and nothing else. That, or someone created this, and bought his own thing himself with different account, to get some media coverage about it to make others want to buy it too.
There's no way on knowing the truth behind those purchases and its true that no one on their right minds on purchasing up those pixelated NFT's for half a million dollars on which it is really just that normal for people
to have that kind of impression that this is surely money laundering thing because of the amount involved and speaking about NFT thing. We arent on a NFT hype as of this moment but we do recently see some surge when it comes to nft purchases and volume but there are really things like these on which it would really be raising up some question.

Due to the fact that there's no way on knowing on whose behind on such address, then all the thing we can do now is to speculate into those probabilities but without having those strong evidences.
Its not new anymore into this market on which someone could really be able to clean up their tainted money via these kind of methods and ways
on which it is really that somewhat effective.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 10:02:19 PM

There are early Bitcoin or some altcoin holders that have hundreds of coins worth millions of dollars, and they can easily afford to gamble with these pixelated garbage, because even if those crash to zero, those guys will still be rich. I seriously doubt that anyone from outside of the crypto ecosystem is coming with their $$ to invest big money into NFTs - maybe it happens occasionally, but it looks like most of the investors are crypto whales.
Nwada001

Activity: 616
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 10:36:25 PM

What still baffles me the most is how people on their right minds are still investing in NFT, which means something that has no real use if we are to classify it as something they can really be used for. With all the scams and large losses that the total NFT market has recorded this season, people are still buying NFT for millions of dollars.

Well, I'm not even supposed to be surprised, knowing fully well that those buying are just business people, and they are trying to take advantage of the hype of the ordinals. If they buy at that price, they can equally sell back to their fellow big guys in the crypto space.

That's if the sales and the buying are really genuine, as the market can be manipulated with just a single person or two people in the same place just to make trending news in order to fine a victim who will buy the NFT with a higher bid.

We will all be here watching to see how long this ordinal hype is going to last and how many of those buying those tokens will be able to take some profit, as well as those who will also complain if they lose at the end of the day, as we are sure to see both.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 11:06:39 PM

first of all the ordinals are not NFT's

secondly
i am 99.99999% sure the pixel creator published the pixelated image and then self bought his own scam. just to set a market rate
and because he paid himself.. it cost him nothing bar the market fee(0.x%)to set a market rate

now he just has to wait for an idiot to want to buy the scam

simply because thats how this fake scam market works

everyone has seen it done before..
years ago scammers would advertise a UK 50pence coin on ebay, but using another account they would buy the coin for £500 to set a market rate and get viral advertising on media that the 50p is worth £500.. but the buyer/seller are same person so it didnt cost £500, it lust cost the £0.20 ebay fee

now they just wait for idiots to buy a £0.50p for £500+

OP has become duped into becoming part of the viral advertising campaign the scammers were hoping for

how to swindle sotheby's..
scammer employs a friend to finance the auction bid(name separation from buyer/seller) and scammer will re-imburse the friend after the auction
it only costs the scammer the sotheby commission
but the hope it "legitimises" their scam to sucker in victims on next round

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 11:24:45 PM

Same thought here, and if this is not money laundering, this transaction may be some kind of a scheme.  The owner buying his stuff.  It is not new to us that many con-artist, schemers, and scammers do this kind of strategy just to make some hype or noise in the industry.  Just like how many altcoin developers before self-trade to create volume so that their coins will be published on the exchange site to be noticed by traders.

I do not believe that the transaction is genuine, no one in their right mind will spend such a huge amount if there is no catch at all.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1282

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 11:44:13 PM

secondly
i am 99.99999% sure the pixel creator published the pixelated image and then self bought his own scam. just to set a market rate
and because he paid himself.. it cost him nothing bar the market fee(0.x%)to set a market rate

years ago scammers would advertise a UK 50pence coin on ebay, but using another account they would buy the coin for £500 to set a market rate and get viral advertising on media that the 50p is worth £500.. but the buyer/seller are same person so it didnt cost £500, it lust cost the £0.20 ebay fee

OP has become duped into becoming part of the viral advertising campaign the scammers were hoping for

scammer employs a friend to finance the auction bid(name separation from buyer/seller) and scammer will re-imburse the friend after the auction

Yea sounds like a great plan if you have the funds and are a scammer, creating your
own market value for your scam.

TBH, I dont get the NFT/Ordinals craze or is it more realistically a fad?

I have to commend the legitimate 'artists' and 'creators' who have created work and
were able to monetise it but yea I think a lot of people will get / have gotten scammed
thinking they are investing into something for the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 11:51:52 PM

secondly

Yea sounds like a great plan if you have the funds and are a scammer, creating your
own market value for your scam.

TBH, I dont get the NFT/Ordinals craze or is it more realistically a fad?

I have to commend the legitimate 'artists' and 'creators' who have created work and
were able to monetise it but yea I think a lot of people will get / have gotten scammed
thinking they are investing into something for the future.

ordinals does not use proper cryptographic proof of transfer
the pixels are in witness metadata, but do not assign which output the pixels are owed to within the blockdata..
it just shows the utxo input that created it..

the ordinals SOFTWARE GUI assumes 'first output' but this is not indicated in the blockchain data, and the ordinals software can change assumed output in a couple lines of code and a software update...
meaning its not immutably secure proof of transfer

those bitcoin junk are not real tokens. they are just publishing junk data. and scamming people with false beliefs they become registered owners. even if blockchain data does not in reality show proof of registered new owner

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Yamane_Keto

Activity: 490
Merit: 487

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 03:40:01 AM

With an announcement like this, I expect this transaction to be subject to tax. If it is, it will reduce the possibility of scam by purchasing from a friend, but it does not negate the possibility of money laundering occurring (although I rule it out because of the hype that occurs behind such matters and the existence of better ways to launder money).

If there is a fool who buys several Super-Mario-Style Mushroom Characters for $500,000, do not buy them for $5, otherwise you will be like that fool, but on a lower level.

It's just a way to get people used to paying higher fees, whether it's miners, altcoins, or people who don't like the increased adoption of Bitcoin.

聞こえません。
Fingerprint:  7B466339E31BE9F2566088B7469C8FBE21C99A41
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 04:00:04 AM

Useless FOMO. I really dislike stuff that's easy but gets priced way too high. Most people here can create that from YouTube tutorials, so why the hefty price tag? Is it their plan to hype up the market to follow what they're doing? That's pretty foolish.

Bitcoin is bitcoin. It's basic knowledge that everyone should have, it's not the actual plan of Bitcoin. Maybe some folks came from altcoins thanks to its FOMO a few years ago, and it just congested the Bitcoin network.

I want people who know the basics to naturally get what Bitcoin is. Bitcoin isn't the place to sell cartoon pictures.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 19, 2023, 05:52:26 AM

I remember in 2019 or 2020 or so when Ethereum NFTs were introduced. And we were getting some crappy jpeg sell for like $10K. Back then i assumed it has to be money laundering because it made no sense.

Then a year or so later, some of these jpegs were going for millions. Was it laundering? Maybe for some but it turned into speculation pretty much. People flipping NFTs left and right. And the same thing is happening here. They are buying it to sell it for a higher price in the future.
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2100
Merit: 641

sig. code creator start @$10 - PM me!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 07:09:55 AM

Only in the crypto industry, pixelart NFTs get the highest prices. But, who says that buyers are really art collectors? In general, NFTs are just a smooth bridge to make various business transactions pass scrutiny.
We have repeatedly expressed condemnation for similar things in the altcoin section in the past years. This is not the first madness phenomenon.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████  
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒  
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄    
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░    
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 6897

bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 07:16:11 AM

Everybody, normal people and bitcoiners, are all tired of the NFT hangover. Most people's NFTs have gone down since 2021, and that is exactly what will happen with these fool's gold coins once the effects of bitcoin halving commences in full effect, because then people will rush to buy real bitcoins.

Or maybe they will keep buying $ORDI and get crushed in 2026. I don't know.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
moneystery

Activity: 728
Merit: 168

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 07:27:11 AM

spending $450,000 on some crappy images and getting nothing out of it other than news on crypto news platforms, i don't know what he was thinking. it has no value, it has no economics, and its value is prone to dropping drastically, but someone still wants to buy it and not think about how much money they spent just for these crappy images, that's just mind boggling.

i don't know what he did by buying it, but i smelled something fishy, it just wasn't right.

CCMS

Activity: 306
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 19, 2023, 09:37:31 AM

YEah, more like making black money white using that process.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MARKETER : t.me/ccmsme
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
criptoevangelista

Activity: 294
Merit: 556

In ₿ we trust

View Profile
December 19, 2023, 11:00:30 AM

This is definitely for money laundering, even all those virtual monkeys in the past were also used to do this.

Because what would be the point of buying this? Extremely rich people wouldn't be such idiots to put money into anything like this.

Now we have rare satoshis, another narrative to make easy money by overvaluing something that has no meaning.

What do you think about rare satoshis?

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 7563

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 19, 2023, 11:01:58 AM

I  alsoagree it's either money laundry or both buyer and seller actually same person. I don't see any sane person willing to spend $450K just for that when AFAIK the creator isn't famous or well-known.

Useless FOMO. I really dislike stuff that's easy but gets priced way too high. Most people here can create that from YouTube tutorials, so why the hefty price tag?

And these days you could just use AI which generate image from text.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 815

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2023, 02:01:28 PM

'Bitcoin NFT' Hysteria Comes to Sotheby's as Super-Mario-Style Mushroom Character Tops $200K

Dec 14, 2023

In the historic auction house's first-ever sale of the Ordinals inscriptions known as "NFTs on Bitcoin," a batch of three pixelated images from a mushroom-themed collection drew about $450,000, or roughly five times the highest estimates...continued below

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/12/14/bitcoin-nft-hysteria-comes-to-sothebys-as-super-mario-style-mushroom-character-tops-200k/

If we talk about legitimate transaction I don't know how people could think about buying those pixelated pics at expensive price since for sure they get a hard time for selling it back again to another investor.

But in reality the creator of that NFT is maybe the one do that transaction for purpose of creating a hype for the creator of this said pixelated pics. If he succeed to create a noise then provably he can get some exposure and can sell his next creation on a legit expensive price. That's bow those smart people deal with their businesses and they want people to think that they should have that since they can earn with this in future.

SamReomo

Activity: 840
Merit: 732

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
December 19, 2023, 02:17:37 PM

I guess it's not always a kind of money laundering because there are many people who want to earn a lot of money investing in stupid NFTs. I remember the times when people bought NFTs for millions and they can buy those for millions once again.

A money launderer would do something else rather then buying a $450k ordinal. The ordinals are a new craze for many people and they will continue for sometime. We may see ordinals lovers more likely than the NFT lovers because many people believe in Bitcoin and the ordinals are working on Bitcoin blockchain.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄