Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To all those accusing me of talking my book.  (Read 2639 times)
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:15:06 AM

When I post here, I am not doing so out of talking my book. This is not only due to my integrity, but because I don't believe that my words here can have any impact on the market at all. I was not aware that... the whole bitcoin investment community was here on this subforum. I thought bitcoin, a 6 billion dollar market, was bigger than that now. I was under the impression that much bigger forces were at play and I would hope that the serious investors either aren't here in the speculation subforum of bitcointalk or that are not the type of people to base their decisions on the opinions of traders on a web forum. So, when I make a post here, be it bullish or bearish, it is not because of my position. When I make a post, it is because I have a serious academic or economic concern to discuss (or sometimes I'm making a joke), or some TA based on charts.

I will also argue against any statement I think is false or stupid - I hate misinformation, manipulation, and stupidity and will argue against it, whether it is bullish or bearish. I even argue against my own position sometimes. I have always been making bearish posts. Even when I was max leveraged long during November I was in here starting discussions about aspects of bitcoin I thought were bearish and how ridiculous I thought some people's projections were. It didn't matter because I didn't believe that I could affect the market. So anyway stop asking about my position everytime I make a post. You also sound ridiculous when you ask about that rather than discussing the actual topic.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:21:20 AM

after all, whats the point of 'talking your book' when the market goes two ways and you can make money trading both.

needing to 'talk your book' is the same as being in denial.

TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:24:13 AM

after all, whats the point of 'talking your book' when the market goes two ways and you can make money trading both.

needing to 'talk your book' is the same as being in denial.
Some people get themselves so deep in a particular position that they can't switch and don't have an exit strategy.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:01:06 AM

Don't worry. Nobody really pays any attention to anybody. Speculation sub forum is just a self congratulatory cess pool of narcissists, trolling themselves and believing they are the only one who isn't.

1% content. 99% /b/

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:09:45 AM

I like most of your posts but u are being kinda butthurt sometimes Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: